The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ge0gGeek97
Thank you, I've taken the plunge and applied to St. Mary's College! Good luck with your application :smile:

Awww good luck to you too!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I've applied for economics at university college :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BanoffeeGuy
Hey! I'm applying for Theoretical Physics, at one of the older colleges...can't decide which though! Maybe St. Chads/St.Johns :smile: Anyone else studying this most wonderous of subjects? :wink:

Hey there! I am applying for the gratest science of all too, physics! (not theoretical though). I ve choosen batler because of the percentage of ensuit rooms. I didn't really looked at anything else.
Undergrad Physics student at Durham(Grey), also have friends doing a wide variety of courses. If anyone wants to ask me anything then feel free to quote or PM me :smile:
Applied for CompSci at Hatfield!
Reply 185
Original post by LivK
anyone applying for anthropology? :smile:

Me! :wavey: Are you applying for BA or BSc?
Original post by TheHumbleBanana
Is anyone else applying to Greys for Chinese studies?

Me! I couldn't choose between Grey and Trevelyan, and ended up flipping a coin to pick haha. Best of luck :smile:
Thank you, I've taken the plunge and applied to St. Mary's College! Good luck with your application :smile:

I'm applying to St Mary's too! I'm not convinced I'll get an offer despite my good predicteds, as my PS is very academic & barely mentions extra curricular etc which I've heard Durham do care about? Also History at Durham is so competitive </3

Anyway, we'll see! What's meant to happen will happen :smile:
i think im gonna apply for english but im actually kind of hoping theyll reject me because i know that if they give me an offer ill want to firm them, but itll likely be A*AA with and A* in english..... and english was one of my lower AS UMS-wise :/
tho should go up as all my years coursework was marked down by a whole grade and i think my school is contesting to get it reversed
does anyone else feel this way? i feel like it may be kind of a stupid apporach to hope to be rejected so i wonder why im bothering. theyre just so good :/
Original post by scavi2008
I'm applying to St Mary's too! I'm not convinced I'll get an offer despite my good predicteds, as my PS is very academic & barely mentions extra curricular etc which I've heard Durham do care about? Also History at Durham is so competitive

I'm in a similar situation! I very barely mentioned my extra ciriculars! I'm applying for Geography which is also an extremely competitive course. Fingers crossed for both of us though!
Original post by superpppp16
Me! I couldn't choose between Grey and Trevelyan, and ended up flipping a coin to pick haha. Best of luck :smile:

Haha, I really liked Trevelyan as well :smile: Best of luck to you too! What other unis are you applying for?
Reply 191
Just sent off my application for geography at Van Mildert, just need to wait now!
Sent in my application today! Applying for Philosophy at University College.

Bit worried though, got really good AS grades and 3 A* predictions, but my GCSEs are a total joke. Suppose I just have to wait :frown:
application gone! econ at hatfield...
now we wait....

I'm in a similar situation! I very barely mentioned my extra ciriculars! I'm applying for Geography which is also an extremely competitive course. Fingers crossed for both of us though!

There's just no space for them when there's so much else to talk about! The curse of being humanities students applying to Durham, it's so competitive

Best of luck with your application, fingers crossed! :h:
Applying for Chinese studies at University College :smile:
I've applied to elsewhere for my five picks because I thought Durham was out of the question. Now I'm thinking my only option is a foundation degree, which they offer with my subject (ancient history). Does anyone know if this is likely to be available through extra?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Sent in my application today! Applying for Philosophy at University College.

Bit worried though, got really good AS grades and 3 A* predictions, but my GCSEs are a total joke. Suppose I just have to wait :frown:

How bad were your GCSE's? (they can't be much worse than mine) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! I'm applying to Trevelyan for English Lit., as a backup after veterinary medicine. Any other potential future Trevelyanites out there?
Applied for psychology at St Mary's :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest