Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by francesca2602
At 17:45 today I received an offer for Politics at Durham! So incredibly excited!

Congratulations to everyone who has already received an offer and good luck to those still waiting! :biggrin:

Well done on your offer! I'm still waiting for Politics but I'll know now to check track around 17:30/18:00ish. Would you mind saying your stats? (predictions/AS/GCSEs)?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
At 17:45 today I received an offer for Politics at Durham! So incredibly excited!

Congratulations to everyone who has already received an offer and good luck to those still waiting! :biggrin:

Congratulations. I'm sure you just be so happy. When I got an offer a few days back I was sl excited and happy. Will you be firming it
Original post by Age
Well done on your offer! I'm still waiting for Politics but I'll know now to check track around 17:30/18:00ish. Would you mind saying your stats? (predictions/AS/GCSEs)?

Thank you and best of luck with your application! Did you apply to a particular college?

My A level predicted grades are A*A*A in Geography, Government & Politics and History respectively, and I'm also predicted an A for my EPQ (I'm writing it on the application of Hobbes/Locke's social contract theories if that interests you). My AS level results were AAB (same order as above) and my fourth subject was a LV3 BTEC Certificate (AS level equivalent) in Performing Arts/Dance, in which I achieved full marks/Distinction. At GCSE I achieved 11 A* grades and 1 A grade. :smile:
Original post by tsandhu2
Congratulations. I'm sure you just be so happy. When I got an offer a few days back I was sl excited and happy. Will you be firming it

Thank you and congratulations to you too! I'm waiting to hear from the college I've been allocated to before I make my final decision but yes, I'm hoping to firm Durham. Will you be firming your offer?
Reply 1984
Thank you and best of luck with your application! Did you apply to a particular college?

My A level predicted grades are A*A*A in Geography, Government & Politics and History respectively, and I'm also predicted an A for my EPQ (I'm writing it on the application of Hobbes/Locke's social contract theories if that interests you). My AS level results were AAB (same order as above) and my fourth subject was a LV3 BTEC Certificate (AS level equivalent) in Performing Arts/Dance, in which I achieved full marks/Distinction. At GCSE I achieved 11 A* grades and 1 A grade. :smile:

Wow! That is amazing and you completely deserve your offer!
I've applied to Butler but upon reflection, at this stage I would be happy at any college!

Just hope I hear back soon :smile:
Good Luck with your college allocation
Original post by Age
Wow! That is amazing and you completely deserve your offer!
I've applied to Butler but upon reflection, at this stage I would be happy at any college!

Just hope I hear back soon :smile:
Good Luck with your college allocation

Ahh thank you :biggrin: I'm sure you'll hear back soon! I sent off my UCAS application on November 19th and had received offers from my other four choices (Exeter, Leeds, Nottingham and Newcastle) by December 2nd. Waiting for Durham's reply after that was awful because I knew whenever I received an email from track it would be Durham's decision. Fortunately it was worth it in the end!

Butler looks like a lovely college. I applied to Van Mildert :smile:
Reply 1986
Original post by Rid
Guessing your Indian? I have an offer for PPE, 87 best of 4 with 85 in math and English. Again, quite gettable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah im from New Delhi and 85 in cbse should not be hard, especially since its best of 4, and my math is horrible
Original post by game well and truly over
Thing is, I'm an older person unlikely to take part in any sports (though I enjoy watching!). And since my application/PS was couched for Oxford I'm not sure I had a single line about extra-curriculars. Furthermore, I did my A Levels at home, selftaught, and didn't have a referee.

So how come I was snapped up instantly (and it was pretty quickly), and excellent people are turned away?? I have no idea how this all works.

I may be wrong, but your route to university shows self-motivation and independence, which is exactly what you need to study a degree. Also, life experience goes a long way. My tutor at college (I'm on an Access course) was keen to make sure everyone put a lot of personality into their personal statements as it's not just grades that they look at.

Personally, I'm still waiting to hear back about Combined Honours in Arts - but I've chosen a subject from Social Sciences for one subject (Anthropology and Religious Studies). Average GCSE results - BBBBBBBBCD and on track for 45 distinctions for Access. GCSEs were taken 14 years ago. I've had a load of life experience since then, so I'm hoping that will make up for my half-hearted effort at school!
Thank you and congratulations to you too! I'm waiting to hear from the college I've been allocated to before I make my final decision but yes, I'm hoping to firm Durham. Will you be firming your offer?

I'm waiting for UCL and St andres to make a decision before I form any of them. But I wouldn't mind forming durham. 😊
Reply 1989
Original post by Shaurr
yeah im from New Delhi and 85 in cbse should not be hard, especially since its best of 4, and my math is horrible

Ahh, I'm doing ISC. I'm from Bangalore :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1990
Ahh thank you :biggrin: I'm sure you'll hear back soon! I sent off my UCAS application on November 19th and had received offers from my other four choices (Exeter, Leeds, Nottingham and Newcastle) by December 2nd. Waiting for Durham's reply after that was awful because I knew whenever I received an email from track it would be Durham's decision. Fortunately it was worth it in the end!

Butler looks like a lovely college. I applied to Van Mildert :smile:

I sent mine off on October 20th and heard back from my other 4 choices (Warwick, Exeter, Bristol and Birmingham) by November 14th. But I'm probably a borderline applicant so I completely understand the long wait :smile:
Original post by tsandhu2
I'm waiting for UCL and St andres to make a decision before I form any of them. But I wouldn't mind forming durham. 😊

Oh great! Both are good universities, as well as Durham. Best of luck!
Original post by Age
I sent mine off on October 20th and heard back from my other 4 choices (Warwick, Exeter, Bristol and Birmingham) by November 14th. But I'm probably a borderline applicant so I completely understand the long wait :smile:

Oh goodness - I thought my wait had been long enough! I hope you hear something soon! :smile:
Oh great! Both are good universities, as well as Durham. Best of luck!

Thank you and same to you 😁
Hey guys.. I need some help,I am an international applicant from India. I have applied for Computer Science (G400) and have received offers from Durham, Birmingham and Bristol. I have also been asked to take a Mathematics test for Imperial and I am still waiting for Southampton. It would be great if you could tell me how Durham is going to be better than others as an Insurance choice. I intend to Firm Imperial if I get an offer.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1995
Original post by mishrabhinav
Hey guys.. I need some help,I am an international applicant from India. I have applied for Computer Science (G400) and have received offers from Durham, Birmingham and Bristol. I have also been asked to take a Mathematics test for Imperial and I am still waiting for Southampton. It would be great if you could tell me how Durham is going to be better than others as an Insurance choice. I intend to Firm Imperial if I get an offer.

Thanks in advance.

Which board are you doing?
If you're doing one of the indian boards an insurance shouldn't matter anyway because we get our board results about a week before the deadline to reply. So you can just firm whichever university's condition you meet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I am doing CBSE. Well the deadline for Bimigham is 28 July for me. Dont know about others. And also we do this process once we receive all offers(i suppose).
Reply 1997
Original post by mishrabhinav
I am doing CBSE. Well the deadline for Bimigham is 28 July for me. Dont know about others. And also we do this process once we receive all offers(i suppose).

Yeah so since you still haven't received all your offers you don't need to worry. I'm doing ISC and got all 5 answers. UCAS says I have till 4th June to reply. Since our board results will come out in May I'm just planning to firm a university after I get my results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What course and where all did you apply ??
Physics

St Chads (changed after originally applying to University)

Quick Reply

Latest