The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Still haven't got any confirmation of receiving my application from Durham but they just e-mailed me asking for maths/physics UMS (applied for physics), so I guess they're not really bothered to confirm applications anyways. Any other people getting similar e-mails?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by BanoffeeGuy
My friend Joe is applying to Cambridge for NatSci though. :smile: He's quite into Astrophysics, so he's applying for Physics w/astrophysics everywhere else. What type of education are you doing in Cyprus then? Do you do the Internation Baccalaureatte? (or however you spell that infernal word!)

So we might be classmates with Joe one day! Yay!
Because I go to a private school I have the chance of doing alevels, and an "apolitirion" (greek high school transcript). The downside is that i can only do 3 alevels. I am doing chemistry physics and maths with further at as. What alevels are you doing?
Original post by adamingas
So we might be classmates with Joe one day! Yay!
Because I go to a private school I have the chance of doing alevels, and an "apolitirion" (greek high school transcript). The downside is that i can only do 3 alevels. I am doing chemistry physics and maths with further at as. What alevels are you doing?

Aah cool, I've heard IB is meant to be very good too! I'm doing chem, maths, physics, fuirther maths at A2 with biology at AS :smile:. Maybe we'll be classmates at Durham! :wink:
Aah cool, I've heard IB is meant to be very good too! I'm doing chem, maths, physics, fuirther maths at A2 with biology at AS :smile:. Maybe we'll be classmates at Durham! :wink:

We might be classmates, but i hope we arent so you can get a place at oxford and me at Cambridge :-D. Anw good luck to both of us, we ill need it!
Original post by philgreek
Still haven't got any confirmation of receiving my application from Durham but they just e-mailed me asking for maths/physics UMS (applied for physics), so I guess they're not really bothered to confirm applications anyways. Any other people getting similar e-mails?

I haven't had any email like that, but I presume that's because I included them on my ucas application! Any offers yet?
I haven't had any email like that, but I presume that's because I included them on my ucas application! Any offers yet?

Ah that makes sense, would have been easier to put them right onto the UCAS form :tongue:. I've had a couple of AAA offers from UCL and Bristol and on the e-mail from Durham it says to fill in the form within a week, so we may be hearing back from them some time soon. What about you?
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to Durham University connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Hi i am applying to Durham for Economics and Mathematics through the Natural Sciences course, i was wondering if i have a chance at getting an offer.

GCSE - 7A's 4B's

AS Level - AAAA

Maths (Edexcel) - C1(89) C2(84) M1 (100) -------------> Overall: A

Further Maths (Edexcel) - FP1(88) S1 (96) D1(74) -----------> Overall: A

Economics (Edexcel) - Unit 1(80) Unit 2 (80)-----------> Overall: A

Physics AQA - Unit 1 (98/120) Unit 2 (120/120) Unit 3T - Coursework (B)-----------> Overall: A

Predicted Grades -
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
Economics - A

Thank You
(edited 9 years ago)
Finally got a confirmation email from Durham for Law! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by robthehero
Finally got a confirmation email from Durham for Law! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Took their time ay...

To check, or not to check
I applied yesterday for the Geography BSc at St. Marys College! Fingers crossed, because its my first choice!!!

Also got an acknowledgement today :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
ooh just got an acknowledgement for English :smile: i really hope they don't make me wait till March for a decision though...
Got my Acknowledgement email for Psychology BSc! :biggrin:
Acknowledgement for Law!
Finally an acknowledgement for Law
Acknowledgment for anthropology!
Acknowledgment for Engineering :smile: !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Acknowledgement for primary ed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Confirmation of application email for law, finally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all!! I applied for MMath :biggrin: I got the request for UMS scores the other day :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest