The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kilgour10
I'm studying Bioscience :smile: What have you applied for?

I've applied for English Literature and just got an offer yesterday! :smile: I'm so excited! :smile:

Now I'm just waiting for College Allocations!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by cucaracha
Well done!!! That's wonderful :banana: seems like they're looking at international applicants first maybe

Thank yoU! Yes they probably are looking at Intl. applicants first... but I'm hoping that you'll get an offer from Durham soon! :smile:
I'm applying for music at University or Hatfield - can't decide!
Original post by cucaracha
Well done!!! That's wonderful :banana: seems like they're looking at international applicants first maybe

Thank you! I'm very excited. I know for sure that I get to leave the U.S. now. :biggrin: Perhaps you're right about international students being looked at first.
Original post by cchan1120
Congratulations! I also got an offer for English Literature, but conditional! :smile:

Congratulations! :smile: Where are you from?
Original post by captainkenway
Congratulations! :smile: Where are you from?

I'm from Hong Kong :smile: You?

United States for me. So excited to be able to live in the UK for a while!

Congratulations on the offer! :biggrin:

I'm a fellow US student, heh. If you don't mind me asking, when did you send out your application?

Oh yes I'm incredibly excited! The UK and Durham is absolutely beautiful! :biggrin:
Original post by robthehero
Congratulations on the offer! :biggrin:

I'm a fellow US student, heh. If you don't mind me asking, when did you send out your application?

Thank you! :smile: I haven't seen many of us hanging around TSR.

I sent my application on the 14th, since I also applied to Cambridge and had to meet the deadline for that.
Oh yes I'm incredibly excited! The UK and Durham is absolutely beautiful! :biggrin:

It is! I love it there. Have you applied to any other schools aside from Durham?
It is! I love it there. Have you applied to any other schools aside from Durham?

Yes, I applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, Exeter and St. Andrews. Durham is my first choice thought, so I'm absolutely thrilled that they gave me an offer!

Have you applied to any other schools?
Thank you! :smile: I haven't seen many of us hanging around TSR.

I sent my application on the 14th, since I also applied to Cambridge and had to meet the deadline for that.

I sent mine on the 11th, but I applied for law. I hope to hear from them soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, Exeter and St. Andrews. Durham is my first choice thought, so I'm absolutely thrilled that they gave me an offer!

Have you applied to any other schools?

That's awesome - I can only imagine the excitement of being accepted to your first choice so soon. I do love the course at Durham. I applied to Edinburgh as well, in addition to Cambridge, KCL, and UCL. Cambridge is my first choice, and it's actually my second time applying there. I want a place so badly! Even if I don't get one, I certainly won't be complaining about going to any of my other choices, haha.
Original post by robthehero
I sent mine on the 11th, but I applied for law. I hope to hear from them soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck on your application! I definitely wasn't expecting a response from them so quickly, especially since I had heard they were normally pretty slow on getting back to people.
That's awesome - I can only imagine the excitement of being accepted to your first choice so soon. I do love the course at Durham. I applied to Edinburgh as well, in addition to Cambridge, KCL, and UCL. Cambridge is my first choice, and it's actually my second time applying there. I want a place so badly! Even if I don't get one, I certainly won't be complaining about going to any of my other choices, haha.

Good luck with Cambridge! I really hope you end up someplace wonderful!
Just got an offer for archaeology and anthropology!
Good luck with Cambridge! I really hope you end up someplace wonderful!

Thanks, and same to you - even though you already know you will!
Original post by helenb96
I'm applying for music at University or Hatfield - can't decide!

Another music student! What instrument do you play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Hong Kong also :biggrin: No way! Haha. Congratulations on your offer, and most likely be seeing you at DUHKS and in Castle :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest