The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tellisia
Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for the both of us:smile: I'm getting really impatient now that I know that some people are getting History offers!

And good luck to you! Thank you :smile: Make sure to let me know how you get on. I feel your pain -_- I just don't understand why we still need to be waiting this long if the deadline was last month?!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Teddiee
And good luck to you! Thank you :smile: Make sure to let me know how you get on. I feel your pain -_- I just don't understand why we still need to be waiting this long if the deadline was last month?!

Likewise! :smile: I knoooow, as long as I'm not waiting for a reply for another month then I'll be happy!
Original post by Elle97
I do personally trust UK tables, though I believe the most important thing is the course. I also personally think student satisfaction is vital in terms of picking a university! I think we're going to have to agree to disagree! From the facts I've seen, Durham has an excellent world ranking especially with employers and arts and humanities so I'm pretty happy! Good luck in the future for your own studies:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a very interesting article. http://www.theguardian.com/education/2010/sep/21/university-world-rankings
AAA offer for geography!!! Beyond happy :-)
Original post by Underc0verEmily

they reduced your offer from A*AA? why is this? just curious haha

Congratulations! When did you submit you UCAS? I'm still waiting for Geo and it sounds like most people have heard already
Has anyone with an offer heard back which college they've been allocated?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!? I am far too impatient (I know it's only the 2nd but if anyone last year could let me know how long they had to wait to find out the college then thank you!)
Reply 1547
Original post by hope1817
Has anyone with an offer heard back which college they've been allocated?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!? I am far too impatient (I know it's only the 2nd but if anyone last year could let me know how long they had to wait to find out the college then thank you!)

Whoever has got an offer by now will know by the first of March :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Rid

Posted from TSR Mobile

how about the others, getting offers this month?
Reply 1550
Original post by trubadur
how about the others, getting offers this month?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422979744.325202.jpg

That's from the email I got from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422979744.325202.jpg

That's from the email I got from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and may all your wishes come true:smile:
Reply 1552
Original post by trubadur
Thank you and may all your wishes come true:smile:

Aw, anytime :smile: Yours too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AAA offer for psychology! Beyond happy :biggrin:

That's great! I got my offer for geography reduced too and already put it as my firm in UCAS- maybe I will see you there 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by florrie_
Congratulations! When did you submit you UCAS? I'm still waiting for Geo and it sounds like most people have heard already

Geography is usually one of the busiest departments so I wouldn't worry yet- it just means you still have a good shot at a place 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1556
Original post by Alex347_
Yes, IR. Not heard back yet.

Have you heard anything yet? Still waiting anxiously for a politics offer...15 weeks.
Reply 1557
Original post by Jennaxeg
That's great! I got my offer for geography reduced too and already put it as my firm in UCAS- maybe I will see you there 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wondering how comes your offer was reduced?
Original post by Age
Just wondering how comes your offer was reduced?

I went to a summer school which gives out guaranteed standard offers, I talked to the admissions guy and he explained that in the geography department (not sure about others) they can't give offers below predicted grades- so I purposely got mine lowered to AAB not A*AA. It was a bit of a risk but I knew I already had an offer so I risked it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1559
Original post by Jennaxeg
I went to a summer school which gives out guaranteed standard offers, I talked to the admissions guy and he explained that in the geography department (not sure about others) they can't give offers below predicted grades- so I purposely got mine lowered to AAB not A*AA. It was a bit of a risk but I knew I already had an offer so I risked it

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so good! Well Done, all the best and hopefully my offer will come soon

Quick Reply

Latest