The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

It looks like Durham have really lowered their offers this year. I wanted to apply for Geography with AAB but they ask for A*AA. Now people have offers asking for ABB! Lucky!! I wish I applied now! The city is so lovely when I visited and the course for geography looks great!

Do you think if I achieve A*AB I would stand a chance for Geography through adjustment?

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
So today I got an offer to study Law at Durham, offer A*AA :biggrin:
So, so happy because it was getting to the point that I was fairly confident it would be a rejection, considering my fairly average LNAT score and not overly outstanding AS level results. YAY!!!
Original post by rachelmiller19
Thanks! :biggrin: I applied to King's College London, Birmingham, Bristol, Royal Holloway, and Durham of course. Durham was/is my first choice so when I got my offer I just withdrew from everywhere I hadn't heard back from yet and firmed Durham. Also I'm American so I didn't really have predicted grades, haha.

I applied to Kings and Bristol too! Heard back and got offers from both of them. Bristol and Durham are pretty equal for me so I will just see what happens when I hear. If I don't get in (which is pretty likely ngl) I would be so happy to go to Bristol! Amazing! I bet you applied for Castle because it's so old and British haha :smile::smile::smile: What State?
Original post by florrie_
I applied to Kings and Bristol too! Heard back and got offers from both of them. Bristol and Durham are pretty equal for me so I will just see what happens when I hear. If I don't get in (which is pretty likely ngl) I would be so happy to go to Bristol! Amazing! I bet you applied for Castle because it's so old and British haha :smile::smile::smile: What State?

Oh congratulations! :biggrin: I did apply for Castle haha it was the only one I visited when I went so I was inclined to apply there :P I'll send you a PM.
Original post by annbelltrouser
So today I got an offer to study Law at Durham, offer A*AA :biggrin:
So, so happy because it was getting to the point that I was fairly confident it would be a rejection, considering my fairly average LNAT score and not overly outstanding AS level results. YAY!!!

May I ask what your lnat score is and GCSEs grades
Original post by jessanne97
Anyone else still waiting for English Lit?

Yes! I had an offer from them this time last year. Definitely a bad sign. 😭
Original post by davidevans_
Got an offer from Durham for Law this evening, so unbelievably happy!!! :biggrin:
h

congratulations so happy for you.
Original post by Hiraeth1

Why did you not accept the offer last year?

I was hoping that no news was still good news at this point! I'm so anxious, Durham is my first choice and I would love an offer!
Original post by Cholesta
Why did you not accept the offer last year?

I did. AAAA wasn't enough though, and I didn't want to settle for my insurance...
I was hoping that no news was still good news at this point! I'm so anxious, Durham is my first choice and I would love an offer!

I'm hoping so too. One of my friends received an offer for Philosophy while at her Oxford interview, and my friend also went for interview there and received her offer for Philosphy last week!

So would I!!
I did. AAAA wasn't enough though, and I didn't want to settle for my insurance...

Good luck this time.🍀
Original post by Cholesta
Good luck this time.🍀

Thank you! Been nervously checking Track and my emails in vain for what feels like forever 😩
I'm hoping so too. One of my friends received an offer for Philosophy while at her Oxford interview, and my friend also went for interview there and received her offer for Philosphy last week!

So would I!!

I know the feeling - my friend received her Law offer in December and I've been waiting for almost 4 months to hear something back! I haven't heard anything from Edinburgh or St Andrews either so I'm wondering what's up :/
I know the feeling - my friend received her Law offer in December and I've been waiting for almost 4 months to hear something back! I haven't heard anything from Edinburgh or St Andrews either so I'm wondering what's up :/

My offer came through on January 29th last year, so I'm taking this as a bad sign too! I've got my main two left which is such a pain! I'll be four months on Sunday...hoping I hear by then, either way.
I guess I was quite lucky - I only had to wait 2 weeks for a reply for music! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JasperLee
Its called the middle class squeeze!!! Paid for an education but not born to a Lord. Worked hard, inherited or borrowed enough to send you lovely children to a nice school. To find out a state grammar school would have given you a distinct advantage!!

Durham isn't even that good anyway. They get masses of Oxbridge rejects because London is perceived as too expensive and crowded with international students, hence why much stronger universities like Imperial, LSE, UCL, KCL lose out.
Original post by superduperweirdo
Congratulations !!!!

Thanks!
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
Durham isn't even that good anyway. They get masses of Oxbridge rejects because London is perceived as too expensive and crowded with international students, hence why much stronger universities like Imperial, LSE, UCL, KCL lose out.

I thought London was very expensive?
Sorry was talking about Oxford there - was a continuation from a previous conversation.

Original post by Blitzkrieg15
Durham only give places to 40% private school students, and 60% state or grammar school. That means you can get rejected even if you exceed their entry requirements. Edinburgh, Bristol, and other top universities do the same. Nottingham does this for Veterinary Science.

Quick Reply

Latest