The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FraiseDesBois
I just completed a 2014 Summer Internship at BAML and couldn't secure an offer because of headcount issues.
Since I officially graduate in March 2016, I could apply both for graduates and summer 2015, but the careers websites don't allow me to do both. I reckon that it is easier to make it through with a Summer Internship application? What do you think?

Many thanks!

If it was just because of "headcount issues" why dont you keep in touch and try to intern in the same team next summer? The MD will make it happen
Original post by PrincePauper
If it was just because of "headcount issues" why dont you keep in touch and try to intern in the same team next summer? The MD will make it happen

Not sure it will be better next year. Tough years ahead for the FICC business.
I will apply to grad for BAML and ask MDs to push for me to get in, but even they don't get to decide of headcount. So I want to maximize my chances with other banks as well.
Reply 1382
Hi there,

How did you manage to pass all the psychometric tests. Can you help me with some useful practice sites, please.

Cheers! Xx
Hi,

I sent in my application to CS two days ago and I received the following message 1 min after I submitted it:

"Thank you for applying to the Credit Suisse 2015 Summer Internship program.

We have received your completed application and it is now being assessed as a potential secondary/duplicate account, before it is released to our recruitment teams. Please keep in mind that we receive a large volume of applications and appreciate your patience while we process these.

If you have already made applications in the current recruitment year this account/profile will not be considered further.

Kind regards,

Credit Suisse Campus Relations Team"

Did anyone else receive the same text and how long time does it usually take before you get invited to the numerical test?

Original post by GordonGekko1337
Hi,

I sent in my application to CS two days ago and I received the following message 1 min after I submitted it:

We have received your completed application and it is now being assessed as a potential secondary/duplicate account, before it is released to our recruitment teams. Please keep in mind that we receive a large volume of applications and appreciate your patience while we process these.

If you have already made applications in the current recruitment year this account/profile will not be considered further.

Kind regards,

Did anyone else receive the same text and how long time does it usually take before you get invited to the numerical test?

Didn't receive this. Did you apply using a duplicate account? Best to email them and clear it up asap to save them the pain.

If they find it's the same applicant applying under a different email address they automatically reject you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
Didn't receive this. Did you apply using a duplicate account? Best to email them and clear it up asap to save them the pain.

If they find it's the same applicant applying under a different email address they automatically reject you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, what did it say in your first message?
Ok, what did it say in your first message?

This is the message I got after submitting the application:

This is to confirm that we have received your completed application and look forward to reviewing it at our earliest opportunity. Please keep in mind that we receive a large volume of applications and appreciate your patience while we review these.

Please visit our FAQs section to find out the recruitment process and interview timeline in each region. While we recruit on a rolling basis, early applicants may experience a delay in response.

If you would like to check the status of your application, view your application, or review related email correspondence, you can log into your "My Events and Applications" at any time by clicking https://credit-suisse.tal.net/lang-en-GB/candidate/login.

Kind regards,
Credit Suisse Campus Relations Team
Original post by Noble.
This is the message I got after submitting the application:

Yeah, that's what I got also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just sat my Lazard numerical, and I'm not sure if the system has glitched, since I clicked the email link again and it's still active..
Reply 1389
Hi,

Kind regards,

Yeah i got that dw, it means basically if you signed up with another email address to what you've previously used (for your spring weeks last year) then they are checking youre not doing duplicate applications.

Bascially just use your original account for any credit suisse applications don't make more than one anymore.
Original post by Jane10
Hi there,

How did you manage to pass all the psychometric tests. Can you help me with some useful practice sites, please.

Cheers! Xx

There are only a very few free of charge ones.
http://canarywharfian.co.uk/threads/get-a-15-discount-on-jobtestprep-until-october.96/
I sat the Lazard numerical yesterday, and just wondered if rejections post numerical are instant?

Seems like if you pass = instant invite to verbal, so you'd expect fail numerical = instant rejection?
Which banks use Kenexa and which use SHL? I know that RBS have their own numerical test.
Has anyone applied to Aberdeen, per chance? - I was having a look at their website and it mentions you need to complete the form in one sitting. Are there supplementary questions to answer (i.e competency based ones etc)?, or is it just a case of submitting cover letter and cv and picking your preferred business area?
Do you guys know which firms don't recruit on a rolling basis? Last year Evercore didn't, if I remember correctly, any other?
Original post by liarpoker
For the banking summer launch pad?

My numerical didn't go too well.. Did you have a numerical?

Sorry to hear. Did you get in in the end?
Got my first phone interview with Greenhill. Any chance someone who's had one is willing to tell me just some basic info like whether its technical/ask about deals/or just the boring 'tell me about a time you X?'
Hie guys... Does anyone know if JP morgan is open, cant seem to find anything on their website as yet. Also does anyone know what tests BAML and Blackrock use?
Original post by banker 132
Hie guys... Does anyone know if JP morgan is open, cant seem to find anything on their website as yet. Also does anyone know what tests BAML and Blackrock use?

BAML is Kenexa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone done the BAML application? there were no competency questions or cover letter right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending