The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

How long do RBS take to send out the numerical and logical tests after completing the personality quiz? I completed the quiz on monday and am yet to hear back. I've applied to Global Transaction Services btw.
Original post by koolkid1011
yeah it is for summer internship and cheers :smile:

Yeah i thought it was very odd that AC was the first stage. I havent done their spring or summer insight week so i was quite surprised not to have a telephone interview first. yeah im pretty sure there will be one. not sure what exactly what i could be asked in the technical ones...

For markets, I'd know lots of commodity prices, interest rates etc.
Have a view if the big financial markets (US/UK/JAP/CHI etc.)
Stock pitch
Where different indices are trading
General news affecting the markets
Probably brain teasers, mental maths
Investment ideas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1582
Original post by bob1002
How long do RBS take to send out the numerical and logical tests after completing the personality quiz? I completed the quiz on monday and am yet to hear back. I've applied to Global Transaction Services btw.

Took them 2 days to send me the tests post-submission of the application.
Original post by iCreptio
Took them 2 days to send me the tests post-submission of the application.

Ah ok thanks, was this for Global Transaction services too?
Reply 1584
Original post by bob1002
Ah ok thanks, was this for Global Transaction services too?

Mine was for Markets :redface:
I'm studying for my A-levels, can I apply? If so, where? Because it asks for undergraduate degree details..
Reply 1586
Original post by amyrah
I'm studying for my A-levels, can I apply? If so, where? Because it asks for undergraduate degree details..

These internships are for people going into their second/third years at university. Have a look at pre-university insight days or internships that are dedicated to A-level students :smile:
Original post by Zeegie
Hey, good to hear about your set of interviews! I applied for IBM technical role, what about you? And when did you hear back about interview? I got told a couple of weeks ago that I had passed the online test but am getting a bit worried they haven't got back to me :/

I applied for the business role and was told I would be considered for interview but it is not yet confirmed though in terms of dates so I think I am more or less in the same position as you :smile:

How are your applications going?
Original post by Mustgetintoib
I applied for the business role and was told I would be considered for interview but it is not yet confirmed though in terms of dates so I think I am more or less in the same position as you :smile:

How are your applications going?

Oh ok, well best of luck with the interview :smile: been quiet recently, got ubs telephone interview from Explore, greenhill telephone as mentioned a few weeks ago, and just waiting to hear back regarding interview stages from some other places whilst making more apps. No exciting new as of yet haha.
A question guys: do all banks reject you immediately (or at least within 1 week) if you fail to pass the online tests? I mean, if I don't hear from them within a week can I be 100% sure to have passed the tests?
Reply 1590
Just read a review of a Bank of America summer internship in ECM. This just gave me second thoughts on applying there lol. you can take a look for yourself on the link.

http://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/placement-review/53263/bank-of-america-merrill-lynch/equity-capital-markets-analyst-summer-internship
Original post by aajack
Just read a review of a Bank of America summer internship in ECM. This just gave me second thoughts on applying there lol. you can take a look for yourself on the link.

http://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/placement-review/53263/bank-of-america-merrill-lynch/equity-capital-markets-analyst-summer-internship

You're basing everything on one review? There will be 10k apps behind yours ready to take your spot. People would intern for free even

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anyone wondering, Barclays say we need to allow 1 hour + 45 minutes to do the tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1593
Original post by PrincePauper
You're basing everything on one review? There will be 10k apps behind yours ready to take your spot. People would intern for free even

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was only joking. I was so bored of answering competency questions that I just went on the internet and came across this review. It does not really inspire you lol.
Original post by aajack
I was only joking. I was so bored of answering competency questions that I just went on the internet and came across this review. It does not really inspire you lol.

Not as bad as when you're looking for stuff on Barclays and find a video of people gate-crashing the Investment Banking Awards handing them the prize for "Most Innovative Bank for Interest Rate Manipulation" hahaha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1595
Original post by will2348
Not as bad as when you're looking for stuff on Barclays and find a video of people gate-crashing the Investment Banking Awards handing them the prize for "Most Innovative Bank for Interest Rate Manipulation" hahaha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.
Original post by Zeegie
Oh ok, well best of luck with the interview :smile: been quiet recently, got ubs telephone interview from Explore, greenhill telephone as mentioned a few weeks ago, and just waiting to hear back regarding interview stages from some other places whilst making more apps. No exciting new as of yet haha.

Hey, out of interest did UBS get back to you after you stated your division preference?
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know which banks use verbal reasoning tests as part of their online assessments?
English is not my first language so I'm afraid to be rejected because of these tests.
Btw, who is applying for IB?

Thx!
Original post by Rabbit23
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know which banks use verbal reasoning tests as part of their online assessments?
English is not my first language so I'm afraid to be rejected because of these tests.

Thx!

So far, Lazard. Fairly sure the bulge brackets do as well but haven't applied to them yet (this year).
Original post by Rabbit23
Hello everyone,

Thx!

Credit Suisse do.

Not to discourage you, but I'm a native speaker, and I thought the verbal test was very difficult! Prepare well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending