The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lol people act as if the Daily Mail literally make up the news.

That's the Guardian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieSmall
How is it race baiting? The police need to offer some sort of description of the perpetrators so that anyone with information can come forward. Whether you like it or not race is part of an accurate description.

If a group of White Males raped a female, would you see the headline of Police hunting for group of 'White men' who raped 17 year old girl? Anytime a minority does something they have to mention it in the headline. If it was a White person they wouldn't mention their race :rolleyes:.
Reply 22
I don't see why people are blaming religion for this..
Original post by Kruz
If a group of White Males raped a female, would you see the headline of Police hunting for group of 'White men' who raped 17 year old girl? Anytime a minority does something they have to mention it in the headline. If it was a White person they wouldn't mention their race :rolleyes:.

When giving a description of the men, yes they would mention if they were a white group of men.
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol well we can be fairly certain of religion and country of origin.

Poor girl, this should not be happening in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe their hindu Indians.

Don't look Muslim to me. :ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by missfats
Maybe their hindu Indians.

Don't look Muslim to me. :ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe they are, who knows :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by demhka
people who say it is not 'race baiting' please give me an evidence where a British magazine labelled a criminal as Black or white, because i couldn't find any when i googled it

When the police give out a description of a criminal or suspect they always include skin colour. :rolleyes:
Original post by Hussm
I don't see why people are blaming religion for this..

Religion has a good history of treating women, among other groups of people, like dirt. Whether you like it or not there are people out there that view western women as sluts for not covering them selves up appropriately due to entirely religious reasons. The Catholic church used to run workhouses solely for women not so long ago.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Religion has a good history of treating women, among other groups of people, like ****. Whether you like it or not there are people out there that view western women as sluts for not covering them selves up appropriately due to entirely religious reasons. The Catholic church used to run workhouses solely for women not so long ago.

Surely being the religious people they are, they would understand that rape is forbidden in the religion no?
Original post by sallyjimjam
x

If that post is anything to go by, I strongly suggest you never play darts for fear of you killing someone with a dart after missing the mark any further than you clearly have the ability to. The bottom line is NOT that race is the issue here. The fact a girl was gang raped by a group of men, and will subsequently be scarred and damaged for the rest of her life, is the issue here.

Original post by Ggmu!
Lol people act as if the Daily Mail literally make up the news.

That's the Guardian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And how many Orwellian Prize for Journalistic Misrepresentation awards have the Guardian been awarded courtesy of professors of Oxford university? Not quite as many as the immigration bashing, woman-hating, Muslim-smearing, NHS-undermining, gay-baiting Daily Mail.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hussm
Surely being the religious people they are, they would understand that rape is forbidden in the religion no?

It doesn't matter. I'm not a theology scholar, but I do know that people have done horrible things in the name of religion. The institutionalized cultural suppression of women was real and religion played a big part in it. If you were a 16 year old girl from a strict catholic family and got pregnant there was a real risk your baby could be taken of you and you would be sent to a workhouse as punishment where you were treated like a slave. This was all because she broke the Churche's views on sexuality and marriage.

Then back to the rape like the OP is brought up. Often the male perpetrators justify their actions by saying these young white western women are sluts and unfit and inherently sinful for not following the what they think is Islams teachings. Basically they have worn what they want.
(edited 9 years ago)

The Independent tend to be consistent with their reportings. The DM does not
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
When the police give out a description of a criminal or suspect they always include skin colour. :rolleyes:

This is true. Though it's not as common to see the DM do a "Caucasian gang did x"
Original post by de_monies
This is true. Though it's not as common to see the DM do a "Caucasian gang did x"

But that's cos that is the mail. I'm talking about da police.
The reason why they are targeting these white girls is because they know they can get away with it.
Do you think they could try that **** with black women,or turkish women. There would be war.
Reply 35
Original post by demhka
people who say it is not 'race baiting' please give me an evidence where a British magazine labelled a criminal as Black or white, because i couldn't find any when i googled it

Original post by Kruz

They use "caucasian".
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CJKay
They use "caucasian".

caucasian...

caucasian

caucASIAN

It's a racist conspiracy :eek:

:rolleyes:

Lol at those people saying when they're white they don't mention a perpetrators skin colour, yes they do...like...all the time, because they're quoting a police description. Red tops would say white male, others may say Caucasian.
Original post by Kruz

Like I said earlier, in a white-majority country, it's pretty much implied to be white unless otherwise stated.
Original post by Skip_Snip
It's a white majority country, if it's not specified it's kind of implied they'll be white.

Well, it shouldn't be left to be 'implied' that they are white. As somebody said they should have a description, therefore people should be fully aware that the criminal is white and not just have to assume.
Ofcourse, because the UK (mainly DM anyway) likes to include race & Religion to demonise groups of people and this causes people to stereotype and creates hate. Look at the Muslim girl who was stabbed in Essex for being Muslim. E.G 'Muslim Rape Gangs' seems to be widespread headlines yet 'Christian/White man rape' isnt. Has Jimmy Savile or any other white male who does crime are never reported as being "Christian" or "white" in the headline unless thats part of their job like a pastor etc, unlike minorities are.

Latest

Trending

Trending