The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

I guess email? They've been quite good with replying- although the process is taking forever - found out I was through to interview 2september- feels like ages ago! Does anyone have any tips re the group exercise? It sounds really different from others! Also does anyone have any tips for good commercial awareness research? I'm really a bit worried after looking on wiki job about it- o finally- is anyone else still waiting to hear back from IBM after passing assessment centre?
O and course I'll post on here after my interview
Original post by Ksimmonds
I guess email? They've been quite good with replying- although the process is taking forever - found out I was through to interview 2september- feels like ages ago! Does anyone have any tips re the group exercise? It sounds really different from others! Also does anyone have any tips for good commercial awareness research? I'm really a bit worried after looking on wiki job about it- o finally- is anyone else still waiting to hear back from IBM after passing assessment centre?

Whose email? they never email me back unfortunately. I have tried Laura Redmond and Parm Nijjer, but never had a reply from them. Phoning never seems to work for me either.
Original post by Ksimmonds

Nope, nothing from IBM yet.
Just completed the Bain online test. Definitely harder than SHL/Kenexa but I didn't feel it was too bad. Nothing like Oliver Wyman which was the hardest numerical test so far.
Reply 385
Has anyone heard back from McKinsey regarding PST??
Reply 386
Original post by PP5246

nope
Anyone heard from BCG this year?
Original post by PP5246

I got rejected an hour or so ago.
Original post by 457fbrad
Anyone heard from BCG this year?

Contacted them in September because I had an offer elsewhere and they said they'd get back to me (I assume everyone else too) in the week starting 03/11. Looks like that didn't happen.
Reply 390
Original post by Sync

Congrats. If you have any questions before joining then drop me a message :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by Tangente
Contacted them in September because I had an offer elsewhere and they said they'd get back to me (I assume everyone else too) in the week starting 03/11. Looks like that didn't happen.

Yeah they said that to us too at an open day thing, so assuming it will be earlier rather than later next week.
Ernst & Young
Monitor Deloitte
Accenture
KPMG
McKinsey
Bain
BCG
Strategy&
A.T.Kearney
Roland Berger
LEK Consulting
Capgemini
OC&C
BDO Consulting
Oliver Wyman
The Parthenon Group
Analysys Mason
Arthur D. Little
Credo
Javelin Group
Marakon
Mars & Co
Value Partners

Someone asked for a list of places. These are the ones I've applied to so far... would be good if maybe others wanted to add others they've applied to and make some sort of list?
Original post by gcafc
is that Bain london? i swear they explicitly stated in the email when you apply you'll find out on the 17th nov if you've progressed to tests. they stuck to their date last year

I got invited to tests yesterday and took them today. Looks like quite a few others did too.

Edit: Just checked the initial confirmation email and it does say "Our deadline is 2nd November and we will be contacting candidates with the outcome of their applications on 17th November." The deadlines for tests is 11/11 so they might get back to us on 17/11 factoring in test results.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gcafc
when did you apply then? Pretty fishy when they openly state, "Our deadline is 2nd November and we will be contacting candidates with the outcome of their applications on 17th November."

07/09, did you apply significantly later? They revealed approximate dates for first-rounds and final-final rounds in the test-invite email too.
(edited 9 years ago)
First-Rounds: 01-10/12

Final-Rounds: 13-16/01
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah true. I have a big four offer already, so I think I'll only bother with MBB and Monitor Deloitte though. Haven't had to do a formal case interview yet, so I may be in for a shock.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Ernst & Young
Monitor Deloitte
Accenture
KPMG
McKinsey
Bain
BCG
Strategy&
A.T.Kearney
Roland Berger
LEK Consulting
Capgemini
OC&C
BDO Consulting
Oliver Wyman
The Parthenon Group
Analysys Mason
Arthur D. Little
Credo
Javelin Group
Marakon
Mars & Co
Value Partners

Someone asked for a list of places. These are the ones I've applied to so far... would be good if maybe others wanted to add others they've applied to and make some sort of list?

Good lord you've been busy. How many of those are currently active? (as in, not rejected)
Hi people. I applied to bain over a week ago. Today I got a phone call from a no caller id number but I missed it. I'm not sure if it was just random or a company tried calling me. I just wanted to know if Mckinsey or Bain, do they call you to invite you to do the tests/interviews or do they correspond via email. I haven't been invited to tests wither either of the companies
Original post by jack_the_ripper
Hi people. I applied to bain over a week ago. Today I got a phone call from a no caller id number but I missed it. I'm not sure if it was just random or a company tried calling me. I just wanted to know if Mckinsey or Bain, do they call you to invite you to do the tests/interviews or do they correspond via email. I haven't been invited to tests wither either of the companies

Bain was via email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending