The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by liz28
I've been invited to a DS FSB on 17th February, but they may be spread out over a longer period. I was really surprised, because I'd been keeping early March free, but luckily I can make it (getting back from a holiday the day before!).

Thanks!
Original post by jo131278
I sent Parity a message and that's what they told me but also it could be by the end of this week. The waiting is killing me, I just want to know either way. I took mine on 26th Jan so was hoping to have heard by now. Does anyone know how many amber banded candidates actually make it through? Or should I expect the worst???

Try not to worry. The vast majority of applicants will spend time in the amber band. Early on in the FSAC process the top "successful" band and the low "unsuccessful band" will be very narrow. Over time the bands will expand. Some folk might have to wait until the very last week of FSAC to know if their score is successful or not. It's tough I know but try not to worry too much and just get on with your life in the meantime.
Anyone going to the on on thursday 5th feb? :smile:

I've been preparing (and I'm dreading the one on one interview) but I'm not hopeful. Still I have to look at it as a good experience and there is always next year.

How has everyone else been preparing?
Has anyone had any FSAC feedback reports yet?

The last time I messaged Parity I was told they would be ready end of January. =/
Original post by rs2210
Has anyone had any FSAC feedback reports yet?

The last time I messaged Parity I was told they would be ready end of January. =/

nope, not me!
Original post by sempitern
Try not to worry. The vast majority of applicants will spend time in the amber band. Early on in the FSAC process the top "successful" band and the low "unsuccessful band" will be very narrow. Over time the bands will expand. Some folk might have to wait until the very last week of FSAC to know if their score is successful or not. It's tough I know but try not to worry too much and just get on with your life in the meantime.

If I can jump on this, last year I was amber banded until the very end, then I found out that I'd missed out on CD by about 0.1 of a mark. This time (late Jan/ early Feb) last year I was unsuccessful for DS, HoP, and EFS, and awaiting results for the other schemes. This year I'm still amber-banded for DS and EFS, so that must be a positive sign (I also passed FSAC for DAT).

Given that I missed out by such a small margin last year, and I must have done better this year, do you think I have grounds for cautious optimism about passing for CD? Or is it likely that the pass mark will be that much higher for whatever reason?

Lots of acronyms in this post!
For those of you who have heard (either way) did they email you or did you just find out from logging on to the candidate page? If I know I'm waiting for an email it will save me logging on every time just to be disappointed! Haha, thanks! :smile:
Original post by avenue18
For those of you who have heard (either way) did they email you or did you just find out from logging on to the candidate page? If I know I'm waiting for an email it will save me logging on every time just to be disappointed! Haha, thanks! :smile:

I received a standard alert email when my results were updated:

" Please login to your website to check your Message Inbox and Scheme Progress page(s). The site can be accessed from https://candidate.faststream.gov.uk/faststream/ "
(edited 9 years ago)
Ok great, thank you!
Original post by Frigorifico
If I can jump on this, last year I was amber banded until the very end, then I found out that I'd missed out on CD by about 0.1 of a mark. This time (late Jan/ early Feb) last year I was unsuccessful for DS, HoP, and EFS, and awaiting results for the other schemes. This year I'm still amber-banded for DS and EFS, so that must be a positive sign (I also passed FSAC for DAT).

Given that I missed out by such a small margin last year, and I must have done better this year, do you think I have grounds for cautious optimism about passing for CD? Or is it likely that the pass mark will be that much higher for whatever reason?

I'm in a similar position having passed the FSAC for DAT but waiting on HoP and CD. I suppose there are grounds for optimism, having passed one stream. However, it's impossible to second guess what score we might have and how close that might be to a final pass mark, so I'm trying not to think about it too much (he says whilst obsessively F5ing here and FS site). Good luck!
Original post by Frigorifico

I wouldn't be too optimistic.

I got onto TiB a few years ago but missed CD. A couple of years later I applied again to try and move onto CD, I thought I'd comparatively aced the assessment centre but ended up with a much lower score (12.5 vs 15.3 are the numbers in my head). I still have no idea why...
Original post by Copycats&Acrobats
Anyone going to the on on thursday 5th feb? :smile:

I've been preparing (and I'm dreading the one on one interview) but I'm not hopeful. Still I have to look at it as a good experience and there is always next year.

How has everyone else been preparing?

Hey, my FSAC is on Thursday 5th Feb too :smile: If you're particularly nervous about the interview you could ask a friend or family member to do a mock interview with you, which would give you a chance to practice your answers out loud. It would also test you on how well you know the answers without looking at your notes!
Good morning! I guess there is a small chance of this, but does anyone from Dumfries and Galloway have a FSAC coming up soon? Ive got mine in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone would like to get together and maybe mock interview each other and just genuinely chat about the FSAC. Thanks in advance :smile:
HR has opened up a round 2-does this mean they are not happy with the round 1 applicants???
Reply 1994
Original post by jo131278
HR has opened up a round 2-does this mean they are not happy with the round 1 applicants???

Hi jo131278

I doubt it, the analytical, commercial and HR streams have had a round 2 planned since round one opened late last summer. I think it is just how they always do it. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the quality of the round 1 applicants. Stay positive, you will find out soon and you never can tell how you've done.
Original post by f.burton
Hey, my FSAC is on Thursday 5th Feb too :smile: If you're particularly nervous about the interview you could ask a friend or family member to do a mock interview with you, which would give you a chance to practice your answers out loud. It would also test you on how well you know the answers without looking at your notes!

This is a good idea but most of my friends would just take the piss and my mother doesn't support my application. :frown:
Reply 1996
Any Northern Ireland stream applicants on here who have attended fsac and heard back? I attended a week ago and its showing "awaiting results"
Hey,

Any idea how quickly after the posting form you find out which department you're in?
Original post by FunkyGuy
Thank you very much for this long reply:smile: I was under the impression some people on this thread had been receiving their results within a few hours/day of their status changing to 'awaiting results'. Have I totally made that up or is it just very rare?

I heard within a couple of days after the status change - that I was unsuccessful. But similarly I would've heard quickly if I'd been incredible at the assessment centre.

In some ways it's possibly better not to hear sooner, because at least you know that you didn't absolutely tank it!
Reply 1999
Hey guys, I scored 14.39 from my feedback report, I was an instant fail, as I scored 1.96 for one of the competencies, did anyone else receive their scores, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending