The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ri12345
I'm in the same position as you. I'm not expecting to hear from them anytime soon. I've called so many times and they say we've contacted the department and you should hear from them soon.

In the same position. Which department have you supposedly been 'matched' with?

Original post by ri12345
I was told possibly one department and then I called again and it seems like it may be another department.

Which number did you call? It's beyond frustrating waiting :/
Hi,

For the Generalist stream (Science and Engineering), does anyone know if the verbal and numerical reasoning tests need to be taken again 'in person' (as opposed to on your home computer)? I found them rather difficult!
Original post by Benjamin1982G
Hi,

For the Generalist stream (Science and Engineering), does anyone know if the verbal and numerical reasoning tests need to be taken again 'in person' (as opposed to on your home computer)? I found them rather difficult!

Nope they do not retest at FSAC. There isn't enough time!
Brilliant, thanks for the quick reply.
Original post by Flower129
So frustrated. Been over five weeks since I was told I would hear from a department soon! Is anyone else in the same position?

This was me a few weeks ago. Do you know which department you're supposed to hear from? keep reminding CSR and they might re-allocate you to a different department. From what I can tell, if the department doesn't contact you, theyre not that keen to take you on.
Hello everyone. I have been accepted into the apprenticeship, and I start work for DCMS in London in just over a week. I was wondering if there's anyone else here in the same department and location so that we can get to know one another. Always helps to know people before you start.
Hi I've just been told I've been put forward for something. Who did you ring to chase it up?
Hi I've just been told I've been put forward for something. Who did you ring to chase it up?

Original post by bluebird82
This was me a few weeks ago. Do you know which department you're supposed to hear from? keep reminding CSR and they might re-allocate you to a different department. From what I can tell, if the department doesn't contact you, theyre not that keen to take you on.
I think you have to wait for the department to contact you directly - that's what happened with me and HMRC
Original post by mazzamaz
I think you have to wait for the department to contact you directly - that's what happened with me and HMRC

Where are you working for HMRC? I'm due to start in Liverpool on the 23rd of the month.
London, January 2016!!!
Reply 3531
Hey guys, do you know if the verbal and numerical scores even one another out? I got top 15% in verbal but bottom 35% in numerical on the practice tests - would doing super-well in one balance out doing rubbishly on the other and put me at 50%-ish?
Reply 3532
Original post by pdbnb
Hey guys, do you know if the verbal and numerical scores even one another out? I got top 15% in verbal but bottom 35% in numerical on the practice tests - would doing super-well in one balance out doing rubbishly on the other and put me at 50%-ish?

Hey, not sure if you've had a response but no, unfortunately they are treated as two separate results. Check out this year's Fast Stream thread if you haven't already! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

Just applied to this scheme today and I fell at pretty much the first hurdle. I failed the online exercises :/. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending