The Student Room Group

In need of some advice

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months and we've known each for a year before that. At the start of the relationship he was wonderful and affectionate and I couldn't ask for anyone better. When we're together, we're like the best of friends and I'm never happier. But when we're apart, I rarely get a text or phonecall and usually end up feeling ignored and upset because he doesn't reply or call back. I feel like he's sending me mixed signals and I don't understand why he doesn't seem to want to talk to me when we're apart? We're both very busy so we only see each other maybe once a week. I'm going to uni in September and he says he hates the fact we'll be apart for weeks at a time, but then I feel like he doesn't put any effort in now? I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. He's told me he doesn't want to get too attached and then lose me when I go to uni so is he just scared? Help :frown:
Original post by Lkm1809
I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months and we've known each for a year before that. At the start of the relationship he was wonderful and affectionate and I couldn't ask for anyone better. When we're together, we're like the best of friends and I'm never happier. But when we're apart, I rarely get a text or phonecall and usually end up feeling ignored and upset because he doesn't reply or call back. I feel like he's sending me mixed signals and I don't understand why he doesn't seem to want to talk to me when we're apart? We're both very busy so we only see each other maybe once a week. I'm going to uni in September and he says he hates the fact we'll be apart for weeks at a time, but then I feel like he doesn't put any effort in now? I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. He's told me he doesn't want to get too attached and then lose me when I go to uni so is he just scared? Help :frown:

Not texting you = he's just not that into you

blunt, painful but true. If he really liked you, he'd text you, call you, tell you everyday how amazing you are but he isn't. He likes being in a relationship, but doesn't like the commitment, communication and dedication it takes.

I'm in an LDR and I see my girlfriend maybe once every 1-2 months. We are constantly texting, skyping once a day and calling eachother. She sends me flowers or letters occasionally just to let me know she was thinking of me.

My advice? dump him. He obviously doesn't like you as much as you like him and it's just going to hurt and end it tears in the long run
Reply 2
Yeah, the above is exactly right.

It's obvious he's not going to ignore you when he's with you. Why wouldn't things be perfect? He's got what he wants - to have a bit of fun with you.

All he wants is sex or whatever fun you have together and if you can't see that then learn from this experience. Some guys are just interested in flings. Even if you haven't done it yet, he's probably still making good progress and he knows he'll get it one day soon.

He knows it won't last when you go to university so he's getting what he can get from you and putting his resources into someone else. That's my view.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending