The Student Room Group

Resignation Speech

The candidates have voted to end the vote early, thinking we now have enough votes for a winner to be decided.

I'd like to say a big thank you to you all for making my short time as Secretary General just brilliant, I have enjoyed every moment of it but now I feel I must go back to representing a country, at least for now. :biggrin:

I know the results and I would like to say I am sure they will do a fantastic job for us, they are an active member and I'm sure will do us proud.

I like to think I have left the Model UN in a better place than it was before I came here, among the improvements are we now have a more coherent debating process and we can see resutls out of our discussions now, we now have a fully functioning and active Security Council and the Security Council Voting Subforum, The Off Topic thread, better voting rules and general improvements in the Model UN charter, a more comprehensive recruiting thread designed to encourage people to join the Model UN, something I think has been successful, and a more coherent way of removing inactive members.

I know I've made some contreversial decisions, and some a majority have certainly not agreed with, but every move I have made here since April 21st has been made to improve the Model UN, working towards the ultimate dream of the Model UN becoming a prominant place on TSR and making it a place members of TSR flock to to join in on the fun. My successor is in better place to do this now because of the last 4 months.

You are all great, and I look forward to debating with you, representing a country again. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You have done a truly spectacular job, maintaining a decent mix of humour and sensibility, I only hope that your successor can match your blazing trail.
Reply 2
Congratulations on an excellent term in office.
I haven't been here for long but from what I've seen you've done a great job. Congratulations.

By the way when do we find out who won?
Reply 4
As soon as Pig comes online
Reply 5
Shame I won't get to debate with you. Nice work Nightowl (even if you DID wuss out of enforcing certain punishments properly)
Reply 6
I haven't represented Pakistan for long as well as being a MUN member but from what I've seen you've done a great job creating a friendly atmosphere.
Reply 7
You've done an awesome job my friend, I hope you run for a second term someday :wink:
Big up Nightowl. You did us proud.
Reply 9
Nightowl
As soon as Pig comes online

The suspense is killing me. There's an admin online but it isn't pig so we're likely to have to keep on waiting. :s:
Reply 10
Echoing everyone else's statements, you've done an absolutely brilliant job as SG Nightowl. You've put through some fantastic changes and made the MUN a brilliant and more active place. :yy: :hugs: Best of luck to all the candidates :smile:.
Swing-o-meter time. Who's staying up till the results are known?
Agent Smith
Swing-o-meter time. Who's staying up till the results are known?

I may well be :redface:
Reply 13
Seeing as it's GCSE results night too, probably :p:
brimstone
Seeing as it's GCSE results night too, probably :p:

Get your arse online pig . :mad:

:p:

(Is that abuse of admin :s:)
Reply 15
6+6=6
You have done a truly spectacular job, maintaining a decent mix of humour and sensibility, I only hope that your successor can match your blazing trail.

I don't think I could have said that better.

Bravo, Nightowl. You've done a splendid job. :smile:
Reply 16
pig is online :eek:

Someone go harass him! :p:
Reply 17
brimstone
pig is online :eek:

Someone go harass him! :p:

Well volunteered warned boy :p:
Reply 18
Ethereal
Well volunteered warned boy :p:

:p: ... I don't want another warning :eek: Only 12 warnings to go and I get banned ... or 10 warning points :afraid:
Reply 19
The results are out - congratulations Apollo! :gthumb:

Latest

Trending

Trending