The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Someone from James - let me leave my cricket bag in your room for the year please. I don't want to walk with it from my house all the time.. cheers.
University of York
York
Reply 21
Alrite, I'm ground floor so really quite ideal. BUT

You will have to pay me in biscuits
Reply 22
Ground floor is actually not that great.. you get drunk people knocking on your window in the middle of the night, and footballs smashing into your wall in the afternoons, and theres also an elevated risk of theft.

First floor is ideal, really. You don't have all the above inconveniences and it's only one flight of stairs up.
Reply 23
Astaroth
Ground floor is actually not that great.. you get drunk people knocking on your window in the middle of the night, and footballs smashing into your wall in the afternoons, and theres also an elevated risk of theft.

First floor is ideal, really. You don't have all the above inconveniences and it's only one flight of stairs up.

Astaroth - how do you cope being so positive all the time?
Reply 24
sanka
Astaroth - how do you cope being so positive all the time?

You may think I'm being negative, but in fact all I'm doing is speaking from experience. Also, as you can see I'm actually very positive about the room I had in James :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Have to agree yet disagree here. I did have annoying people knock on the window and footballs during the day but I also got along really well with the other 3 people and spent most of the time sitting in the corridor outside just talking or kicking the football, might change with mixed sex though.
Reply 26
Astaroth

Oh yey. Thanks. I'm annoyingly calm though so I doubt I'll bother me.

Plus I'm literally 30 seconds away from my lectures so its worth it.
Reply 27
melana i think im going to end up round yours a few times! I'm a psychology student too and seriously thought about putting down james as a preference, I didnt cos i think its mostly en-suite and i dont really need that, although the roll out of bed into the psyc block sounded awesome

is it ok if i pop round after lectures for a cuppa tea every so often? :biggrin: I may pay you in biscuits as well.....
Reply 28
The awesomeness of living so close to lectures should NOT be underestimated.
Reply 29
odd.bod
melana i think im going to end up round yours a few times! I'm a psychology student too and seriously thought about putting down james as a preference, I didnt cos i think its mostly en-suite and i dont really need that, although the roll out of bed into the psyc block sounded awesome

is it ok if i pop round after lectures for a cuppa tea every so often? :biggrin: I may pay you in biscuits as well.....

Oh I will be INSISTING on it. Definitely. :smile:

Latest