The Student Room Group

What will you miss when you graduate from Uni ?

??
Reply 1
-Mid-week drinking sessions and the subsequent hungover days.
-Freedom to work whenever I want, where I want (rather than 9-5 in the office like a lot of jobs).
-Learning about academic things (having said that, I do want to work in academia)
Living with my friends and being able to spend so much time with them, they all live a good 4+ hours away from our uni town and my home town and I think it's going to be really hard for me to adjust to being alone again.
Freedom to do whatever I want. Instead I'm going to be getting screamed at for a year, stuck in barracks filled with dirty, sweaty, smelly men before potentially getting shot in some S hole.. Hooraay.
Original post by Michael!
Freedom to do whatever I want. Instead I'm going to be getting screamed at for a year, stuck in barracks filled with dirty, sweaty, smelly men before potentially getting shot in some S hole.. Hooraay.

wow that sound awful. why do you want to do that?
sleep
I'm already missing my everyday sushi. And maybe the library.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michael!

A life in the armed forces has many drawbacks but dirty smelly sweaty people
do not exist for very long if at all.
Reply 9
EVERYTHING. :dots:
Reply 10
- Being able to sleep in with out consequences
- Boardschool like environment see your friends in the day and evening
Having graduated I can tell you it's everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everything except exams and assignments.
I've graduated ... I miss being able to do things on a whim. Making arrangements at the drop of a hat to do anything from lunch, partying or even :cry2: going to the library.

I miss the freedom of doing what I want, when I want.
not much actually.. generally very happy at the moment compared to uni..

I would say flexibilty with sleep patterns, but then in reality im happier now on a propper pattern, even if it means some annoying mornings..

Not really sure about the social life, it was good - but by the end I had grown out of a lot of it, and now living with my wife, and seeing my good friends and collegues is enough..

I certianly dont miss the lack of money..

And I dont miss the accomodation, uni halls/student houses have nothing on the nice 2 bed flat me/wife now live in..

Hmmm, maybe I would say some of the random/spontaneous things that students can do.. probably miss some of the adventures..

But overal, by the end I was ready to leave, and dont miss very much at all..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending