The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Questions about the halls at Bulmershe

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, and I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this but do the rooms have internet connection?

Also, I know this is a really silly question and it's probably really obvious, lol, but when you're bring your own computer into a room which has an internet connection, how do you connect the internet to your computer? Do you have to install it, or do you just plug a cable into the computer?

Also, do you have to bring a kettle, toaster, iron and an ironing board with you or are they provided?

I just need to double check, lol.
Reply 1
yes, either net (probably), no installation required, i think all the "normal" kitchen stuff is supplied for you,
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you *breathes sigh of relief* lol.

I actually have another question which I have just thought of, do the rooms enable you to have a free view box?
Reply 3
I cant be totally sure,, hmmm i think you should be ok as a digi box only uses a normal TV aerial i cant see it being a problem.. but im not 100%
Reply 4
Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
does anyone know if you get any sort of wireless network around bulmershe? id like to think i could use the internet in other places apart from my room?
..also i think that if u want tv, u have to pay your own tv license..maybe... my solution is to buy a digi tv USB adapter for my laptop :smile:
Reply 6
ant.le
does anyone know if you get any sort of wireless network around bulmershe? id like to think i could use the internet in other places apart from my room?
..also i think that if u want tv, u have to pay your own tv license..maybe... my solution is to buy a digi tv USB adapter for my laptop :smile:

You still need a TV license for that, as I found out.

Also, I believe that there are wireless 'areas' around the uni. It should say in your welcome pack :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending