The Student Room Group

A 12 week stronglift progress day by day

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicst
It is good to take few eggs in the breakfast. Try to drink 1 KG of whole milk every day after workout if possible. Along with this eat CARBOHYDRATE in form of bread or potato or by any means as a full meal.

after all I think eating is only the major factor in the bulkups exercise is only the second my friend .

Regards
ikg of milk jaysus

I was told to go easy on the carbs:O
Original post by trustmeimlying1
ikg of milk jaysus

Why?
Reply 62
Original post by trustmeimlying1
ikg of milk jaysus

If you not taking enough carbohydrate then the protein you take for growth will convert into fuel (calorie) for your body and your muscle will not get enough protein for repairing purpose which will hurt your bulkups plan and recovery time i think .

Regards
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Angry cucumber
Why?
I am mistaken clearly..I love my carbs just someone told me I take too much carbs..I take it with like every meal

If you not taking enough carbohydrate then the protein you take for growth will convert into fuel (calorie) for your body and your muscle will not get enough protein for repairing purpose which will hurt your bulkups plan and recovery time i think .

Regards

wow jaysus cheers guys!
Reply 64
It is very interesting program..
Reply 65
1RM day for squat: 27/11/2014

Current Body Weight is: 70.5 KG

Warmup: 20KGX5, 30KGx5, 45kgx5 , 56kgx5, 66kgx5, 76kgx5 , 85kgx3

Woking: 96KGx1 , 102KGx1, 110kgx1 (PB), 116kgx1 (PB)

I had tried my 1RM when i am able to do 5x5 at 86 KG then my 1RM if 102 KG (Last month)

Now I will try it again when i will able to do 5x5 110 KG at least.

Let us see where i am after one month.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Petapol
It is very interesting program..

Yes it is a good program for the beginners as I am
Reply 67
Original post by BKS
No problem and well done.

You are probably around the point where you need to consider what programme to move onto. Once you start always taking several weeks to get the next weight SL stops been the best choice. Two of the most common ones to move onto are Wendler's 531 and the Texas Method

Dear BKS ,
Hope you are fine. i have check my 1RM yesterday. Here is the workout. I think 5x5 is working for me upto know.

I will think about switching of the program after 120 KG . what is your sugestion ?

Thanks for kind sugestions

Have a nice day

Regards
Physicst

Reply 68
Dear BKS ,
Hope you are fine. i have check my 1RM yesterday. Here is the workout. I think 5x5 is working for me upto know.

I will think about switching of the program after 120 KG . what is your sugestion ?

Thanks for kind sugestions

Have a nice day

Regards
Physicst

It is working but the extent it works will slow. It doesn't make sense to have set number in mind, it's about how you are progressing. So if it becomes difficult to keep adding weight then you change, there's no way of knowing how that will relate to getting 120kg or any other weight. You just need to be aware of it at this point, not necessarily switch right now. You want to do SL as long as you can but you don't want to do it when it feels like you are taking weeks to get each weight for 5x5. It's a personal call when exactly that point is
Reply 69
Original post by BKS
It is working but the extent it works will slow. It doesn't make sense to have set number in mind, it's about how you are progressing. So if it becomes difficult to keep adding weight then you change, there's no way of knowing how that will relate to getting 120kg or any other weight. You just need to be aware of it at this point, not necessarily switch right now. You want to do SL as long as you can but you don't want to do it when it feels like you are taking weeks to get each weight for 5x5. It's a personal call when exactly that point is

Thanks for the suggestion I will keep these thing in mind.

Have a good day

Cheers
Reply 70
Date : 29/11/2014

Squat: 3x3 102 Kg, 2x2 102kg (working set)
overhead press: 5x3 50 kg 1x1 52.5 Kg 1x7 46 KG
^ strong lifts is a 5x5 routine. Where do these 2x2 sets come from?
Reply 72
Original post by silent ninja
^ strong lifts is a 5x5 routine. Where do these 2x2 sets come from?

If a person is without power rack and any supporter then some time 5x5 reduced to 3x3 or 2x2 due to safety purpose . The other aim is to increase the volume without getting hurt. I will make it 5x5 when gain strenth to make it full otherwise i will not move to the next working weight .

Have a good day
If a person is without power rack and any supporter then some time 5x5 reduced to 3x3 or 2x2 due to safety purpose . The other aim is to increase the volume without getting hurt. I will make it 5x5 when gain strenth to make it full otherwise i will not move to the next working weight .

Have a good day

So you're not doing Strong Lifts
Reply 74
Original post by silent ninja
So you're not doing Strong Lifts

Yes I am doing stronglift 5x5. It is clear from previous log that every work will end at a 5x5.

cheers
Reply 75
Properly doing SL is try for 5x5 twice, if you don't get it then you deload. 2x2 is pretty far off so most would deload from that without bothering to try again
Reply 76
Original post by BKS
Properly doing SL is try for 5x5 twice, if you don't get it then you deload. 2x2 is pretty far off so most would deload from that without bothering to try again

Thanks for the suggestion and useful comments . You know I am not having much experience of lifting so some time I endup of doing unworthy things .

Regards
Reply 77
05/12/2014

Squat: 56 kgx5, 66 kgx5, 76 kgx5, 86 kgx5, 96 kgx5 (Warm-up Set)

Working Set: 102 KG x 5 failure on second set occurred.

I am not consistence now a days so I end up with another platue. I got the approx 6 kg (94 to 100 KG) increase on my squat when i last de-loads. let us see where this de-load will take me.
Reply 78
06/12/2014

Overhead press: 3x5 50.5 kg 1x4 46 kg
Chinup: 5x5 (body weight)
Reply 79
Date 07/12/2014

Squat: 46kgx 5 , 66Kg x5 , 86kg x4 (warmup) 96 kg (5x5) (working set)

Deadlift: 46kgx 4, 86kgx4 , 106kgx3 , 116 kgx2

Overhead Press: 46Kgx5

will try to be consistance on deadlift in future.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest