The Student Room Group

AS results, CEE. what to do next? any advice?

So I got C in maths, E in physics and E in chemistry. I know its really bad. Yes, I know it but bear in mind that I started my AS- level course after Christmas, because I was in Btec but they said that I'm too good for BTEC and they moved me to A levels. The thing is that with these grades I can do nothing. So I was thinking about repeating my AS year for better grades but I've been told that If I repeat I won't be able to do any medical courses or engineering :frown: :frown: my dreams are over??
You could maybe still resit the sciences next year if you worked really hard and a C in maths at AS is okay (I know someone who got into engineering at manchester with a C at AS). Also, it would be very easy to resit the core maths exams next year as this becomes very easy once you have A2 knowledge so requires little revision! Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by student261
You could maybe still resit the sciences next year if you worked really hard and a C in maths at AS is okay (I know someone who got into engineering at manchester with a C at AS). Also, it would be very easy to resit the core maths exams next year as this becomes very easy once you have A2 knowledge so requires little revision! Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but what about my other subjects?? I think I should resit the whole year :/
Original post by johnmidley
yeah but what about my other subjects?? I think I should resit the whole year :/

If you did badly in all the exams then yes but if it's just one exam in each subject pulling it down you may be able to resit. It depends on how much you think you can handle in a year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest