The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ksdf
hahaha:biggrin: I live in Romania. I want to pass for the unconditional offer, u r really lucky u already have that! I might attend a tour around the university on Wednesday but idk yet, do u have to email them? will u attend?

I probably would want to attend on the Wednesday, but I would have to leave early since I booked my trains before even knowing there was a visiting day. I got an email with a link in which sent me to a page on their website to sign up, I haven't yet tho.

Most of my questions have been answered already on their website.. I do have a few questions about the Entrance Scholarship (How many given out per department etc), so I might join a tour...

Good luck with your entrance exam, I might bump into you - could head down to the local pub/student bar for a cheeky pint :P
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 41
Original post by SamKeene
I probably would want to attend on the Wednesday, but I would have to leave early since I booked my trains before even knowing there was a visiting day. I got an email with a link in which sent me to a page on their website to sign up, I haven't yet tho.

Most of my questions have been answered already on their website.. I do have a few questions about the Entrance Scholarship (How many given out per department etc), so I might join a tour...

Good luck with your entrance exam, I might bump into you - could head down to the local pub/student bar for a cheeky pint :P

I researched to find that out and found a page where it said 50 ppl for the scholarship winners and 250 for the merit awards but I guess it changes every year depending on the no. of applicants. I read that in 2012 there were 1000 applicants and 500 were awarded on studentroom but idk if it is true though.
Thank you :smile: good luck with your exams, I hope we'll pass:smile: hahahaha I am curious about meeting you and everyone that applied for sept 2015:cute:
Original post by gcole19
Hey,

This is a thread for people who are going to Aberystwyth uni!

Like to hear from people who are going to this uni - I live in England at the moment and would like to hear from the people who are going to the uni this year :smile:

I live in England also. It took me 7 hours to travel to Aber for the open day from Kent :/ Was worth it though.
I've applied for Trefloyne accommodation and will be studying agriculture :biggrin:
Original post by Willowbob
I missed my AAA conditions from York for Law and was offered an alternative course. I declined that and went into clearing. Aberystwyth had always been on my radar but we never made it there for an open day. I accepted an offer to study Law and, like you, I'm really excited/relieved, ha ha.
Did you meet your grades for your place?
Is the sea-front accommodation a long way from campus or does it depend on your course? I don't suppose you saw the Law building?

Hey Willowbob,

The seafront residences are 1 mile from the Penglais Campus, which is a 15 minute walk. The campus is on a fairly steep hill.

Quick Reply

Latest