The Student Room Group

Dry Skin Foundation Tips Please!

Hiya!
I just wondered if anyone could give me some tips as to how I can keep my foundation looking nice and dewy even with dryer skin. I use the body shop primer with the Mac mineralize moisture foundation at the moment, but I have tried a range of different products and my face still looks cakey because of how dry it is. I moisturise my skin yet it is always dry :s-smilie:
Any tips would be appreciated!
Thank you:smile:
Hmmmm.

Not drinking enough could be a reason? Up your fluid intake and see what happens!

I have horrendously dry skin and chapped lips and I try to drink a big 2ltr bottle of water a day, and i've seen a difference :smile: x
Reply 2
Original post by siobhancait
Hmmmm.

Not drinking enough could be a reason? Up your fluid intake and see what happens!

I have horrendously dry skin and chapped lips and I try to drink a big 2ltr bottle of water a day, and i've seen a difference :smile: x

Thanks! I will give this a try, I have to admit I definately don't get enough water so it could solve the skin problem x
Hi! I used to have really bad dry skin and eczema which used to leave my skin in flaky patches. I started using a foundation by clinique but i'm not sure what its called! You should go to your nearest clinique counter and they should be able to help you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello : D
I have super dry skin, but I'm pretty sure that yours isn't as bad so this should work for you:
- slather on a lot of moisturizer (until your skin doesn't feel dry)
- put on foundation using hands, ideally warm it up on the back of your hand first and make sure that your fingers are clean!
- don't rub in the foundation (be gentle), and only use light foundation where you REALLY need coverage
- skip powder!
I like clinique's foundations, they have one with spf 15 in it that I like. BB creams or tinted day creams could be an option :smile: And you can always get oil-based foundations and mix with some moisturizer.
Reply 5
Original post by Laurenxxx
Hiya!
I just wondered if anyone could give me some tips as to how I can keep my foundation looking nice and dewy even with dryer skin. I use the body shop primer with the Mac mineralize moisture foundation at the moment, but I have tried a range of different products and my face still looks cakey because of how dry it is. I moisturise my skin yet it is always dry :s-smilie:
Any tips would be appreciated!
Thank you:smile:

mashing up avocado is great for me. I also use coconut oil which works a treat.
I have used designer and high street brands for many years but none work as good as the above - natural and going back to basics is best !!!

P.s. make sure you try a little bit on your skin first to make sure you're not allergic then go for the full face.

let me know how it goes if you try it!
Reply 6
I've been struggling with my dry skin for sooooooo long when it comes to foundation! But I've finally found the perfect foundation with such lovely coverage with NO cake look which I hate .. Bourjois healthy mix foundation ... Check it out! I'm currently using the body shop tea tree range for my skin and I like it :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Lily Rowena
Hello : D
I have super dry skin, but I'm pretty sure that yours isn't as bad so this should work for you:
- slather on a lot of moisturizer (until your skin doesn't feel dry)
- put on foundation using hands, ideally warm it up on the back of your hand first and make sure that your fingers are clean!
- don't rub in the foundation (be gentle), and only use light foundation where you REALLY need coverage
- skip powder!
I like clinique's foundations, they have one with spf 15 in it that I like. BB creams or tinted day creams could be an option :smile: And you can always get oil-based foundations and mix with some moisturizer.

Thank you, will give this a try tomorrow!! x
Reply 8
Original post by Ff96
I've been struggling with my dry skin for sooooooo long when it comes to foundation! But I've finally found the perfect foundation with such lovely coverage with NO cake look which I hate .. Bourjois healthy mix foundation ... Check it out! I'm currently using the body shop tea tree range for my skin and I like it :smile:

I love that foundation it makes my skin look flawless - only downside is the lightest shade is still about 4 shades too dark for me :frown: Stupid Irish skin ..
x
You could try a tinted moisturiser? I put it on top of a moisturiser. The coverage is very light but makes your face looks glowing! :smile:
Reply 10
You need to work on making your skin healthy. Drink plenty of water, eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise. In the night, try putting olive oil on your skin rather then moisturisers, it's natural and best solution for dry skin.

Once your skin is healthy, you will probably need little or no foundation at all.

Quick Reply

Latest