The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

GMS Skeffington House 2014. Who else is going to be staying there?

Hello there, been allocated a room in the Skeffington House...who else has been allocated a room there? What are you going to be studying? and could the current Leicester uni student provide an insight into how Skeffington House is like?

Thanks and hope to see you guys there in October.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi! I think I'll be staying staying in Skeffington house this year. I'm studying business economics, how about you?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hey im also staying in Skeffington house. Im studying law :biggrin:
What floor and room are yous in?
Original post by Feed Me More
Hello there, been allocated a room in the Skeffington House...who else has been allocated a room there? What are you going to be studying? and could the current Leicester uni student provide an insight into how Skeffington House is like?

Thanks and hope to see you guys there in October.

You want to know what skef is like?

I'm not going to lie it's very grim, damp and just pretty grim...

However it's unbelievably social, I would have loved to have stayed there last year just for all the socials, they were so wild and so much fun, you wouldn't have even known the place was so bad....
Reply 4
I'm staying in Skeffington :smile: Floor 1, taking computer science!
im floor 1 also :biggrin: what room are you?
Reply 6
Original post by emzooooooo
im floor 1 also :biggrin: what room are you?

22 :tongue: What're you taking?
Original post by ninjareno
22 :tongue: What're you taking?

im room 16 :biggrin: and law hoping to do the year abroad, so are we officially neighbors? :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Sachin12
Hi! I think I'll be staying staying in Skeffington house this year. I'm studying business economics, how about you?

Hey that's great :smile:! I will be reading Law. floor? room?
Reply 9
Hey im also staying in Skeffington house. Im studying law :biggrin:
What floor and room are yous in?

Woahh! I am taking Law as well!! floor 0 room 10.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by georgewatso
You want to know what skef is like?

I'm not going to lie it's very grim, damp and just pretty grim...

However it's unbelievably social, I would have loved to have stayed there last year just for all the socials, they were so wild and so much fun, you wouldn't have even known the place was so bad....

Appreciate your reply. Could you please elaborate on how it is grim?
im room 16 :biggrin: and law hoping to do the year abroad, so are we officially neighbors? :tongue:

I looked into the year abroad scheme, but for CompSci it's only in Europe; I really fancied America! :redface:

I suppose we are! You're the first floor-mate I've found! I wonder how many per floor it is. :s-smilie: Atm it could be as many as 15 :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
I looked into the year abroad scheme, but for CompSci it's only in Europe; I really fancied America! :redface:

I suppose we are! You're the first floor-mate I've found! I wonder how many per floor it is. :s-smilie: Atm it could be as many as 15 :eek:

Oh that's disappointing, im hoping to go to Australia :biggrin:
Wow we need to find thy neighbors ! :tongue:
Does that mean we could be sharing a toilet with 15 people .... nightmare! :eek:
Woahh! I am taking Law as well!! floor 0 room 10.

Good choice of degree :u:
We can compare notes #StudyBuddy
(edited 9 years ago)
Good choice of degree :u:
Well can compare notes #StudyBuddy

haha yeah...When are you guys moving in? and roughly what time?
haha yeah...When are you guys moving in? and roughly what time?

Honestly I was hoping to move in earlier. The week before the 29th. Otherwise it'll be the 28th. I'm pretty damned sure, though I haven't had it confirmed, that the uni allocates everyone a time slot to move in. That's how it worked with my sister (at Shef Hallam).

Otherwise I'll move in asap :tongue:
Honestly I was hoping to move in earlier. The week before the 29th. Otherwise it'll be the 28th. I'm pretty damned sure, though I haven't had it confirmed, that the uni allocates everyone a time slot to move in. That's how it worked with my sister (at Shef Hallam).

Otherwise I'll move in asap :tongue:

The accommodation contract states the earliest you can move in is on the 28th I am pretty sure that's when everyone will move in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
''Grim'' well thats pleasing :biggrin: haha!
I'm on floor 0 in room 6 and I am studying English and Film.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending