The Student Room Group

Imperial College A100 applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jungykang
Thanks!
Hmmm.... Interesting... the last email i got was from Uche Amaka C. Anyone else in the same boat?

yep same, that was the last email i received!
Original post by hen4r
I don't understaaaaaaand I got the same interview invite information emails too but my BMAT was so low it was probably borderline cut off....this doesn't make any sense!

If you don't mind sharing, what was your BMAT? I'm quite anxious about my score in one of the sections, so it would be nice to hear what you got!
Wow... 5 emails in total from Imperial and I'm still lost.

At least we now know the interviews are genuine.
Which dates are you guys planning on choosing? Do you reckon choosing later dates would mean a reduced chance of getting in?
For those looking at the thread with above cut off BMAT scores and no interview I think they may be sending interviews in batches... its not a coincidence how everyone who has an interview invite also received the generic automated admissions email that technically everyone should have received!
So if you haven't received the automated email yet and do not have an interview and are above cut off, i dont think you should worry?
Someone got an interview with 4.6 in S1 and 5.1 in S2, so the absolute cut off is definitely below (or equal to) that.
Reply 186
Original post by ishysmile
Someone got an interview with 4.6 in S1 and 5.1 in S2, so the absolute cut off is definitely below (or equal to) that.

Presumably it'd be below that: they call up Band 1 applicants for interview first therefore those scores must be considered band 1? (It seems implausible but who knows! I'm not going to panic so much about my 4.2 now....)
Booked an interview for 16th Dec. anybody else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by evazilber57
Booked an interview for 16th Dec. anybody else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep same. 2.30!
Original post by liass
Yep same. 2.30!

13:45 :smile: I'll literally be one of the first people they see, OMG. Did you opt to attend the tour?
Original post by ishysmile
yep same, that was the last email i received!

Ahhhhhhh I'm relieved, but not relieved at the same time hahahaha
Reply 191
13:45 :smile: I'll literally be one of the first people they see, OMG. Did you opt to attend the tour?

Yeah I did, thought it would be quite fun. Did you?
Original post by liass
Yeah I did, thought it would be quite fun. Did you?

So did I, means we'll meet soon! I haven't been to any open days or anything, so I am really excited about meeting the med students :wink:

What are your other unis?
Reply 193
So did I, means we'll meet soon! I haven't been to any open days or anything, so I am really excited about meeting the med students :wink:

What are your other unis?

I've been to one open day about a year ago, and I remember absolutely loving Imperial and really wanting to go there!

Other unis are UCL, Cambridge and Kings :smile:

Also, what are you going to wear on the day? i have a smart suit/dress thing I normally wear for job interviews/work experience, but I dont fancy going on the tour in it and then sitting around in an hour in it waiting for my interview
Original post by liass
I've been to one open day about a year ago, and I remember absolutely loving Imperial and really wanting to go there!

Other unis are UCL, Cambridge and Kings :smile:

Also, what are you going to wear on the day? i have a smart suit/dress thing I normally wear for job interviews/work experience, but I dont fancy going on the tour in it and then sitting around in an hour in it waiting for my interview

Oh, that's great! I couldn't go to any open days because I'm an international student, and while I've been to the UK, my trips haven't coincided with any open day dates :frown:

My others are Imperial, Oxford and King's :smile: have you heard from your others?

I think I'll wear a dress if it's not too cold on the day, just because I feel comfortable in dresses :smile: I wouldn't go in anything you'll be uncomfortable in, I really don't think they'll care about your outfit!

P.S. Job interview? Are you on a gap year?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Oh, that's great! I couldn't go to any open days because I'm an international student, and while I've been to the UK, my trips haven't coincided with any open day dates :frown:

My others are Imperial, Oxford and King's :smile: have you heard from your others?

I think I'll wear a dress if it's not too cold on the day, just because I feel comfortable in dresses :smile: I wouldn't go in anything you'll be uncomfortable in, I really don't think they'll care about your outfit!

P.S. Job interview? Are you on a gap year?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview from Cambridge, but nothing yet from Kings or UCL :frown: what about you?
I might turn up in a skirt and then go change, just because I want to hang around London later and dont want to look too smart.

I was applying for a couple part time weekend jobs in September- didnt get them of course, apparently they didnt like the fact I wanted to leave them in January
Original post by liass
I have an interview from Cambridge, but nothing yet from Kings or UCL :frown: what about you?
I might turn up in a skirt and then go change, just because I want to hang around London later and dont want to look too smart.

I was applying for a couple part time weekend jobs in September- didnt get them of course, apparently they didnt like the fact I wanted to leave them in January

*Of course I meant that my others are Nottingham, Oxford and King's :smile: I have only heard from Oxford so far where I have an interview on 14th and 15th, so I'll have three intense days in mid-December! When is your Cambridge one?

Yeah, changing is smart!

Oh, I'm sorry :frown: I don't think I would be able to manage a job with my school and volunteering really, although I am sure I want to do something - at least some tutoring - if I do get into uni
Reply 197
*Of course I meant that my others are Nottingham, Oxford and King's :smile: I have only heard from Oxford so far where I have an interview on 14th and 15th, so I'll have three intense days in mid-December! When is your Cambridge one?

Yeah, changing is smart!

Oh, I'm sorry :frown: I don't think I would be able to manage a job with my school and volunteering really, although I am sure I want to do something - at least some tutoring - if I do get into uni

Cambridge is on the 11th, so I have a 5 day gap to chill and prepare for my Imperial one!
Figured its better to get it all over with though and have a nice relaxing Christmas (well...vaguely relaxing).
Original post by liass
Cambridge is on the 11th, so I have a 5 day gap to chill and prepare for my Imperial one!
Figured its better to get it all over with though and have a nice relaxing Christmas (well...vaguely relaxing).

Good luck with your Cam one, hope it goes really well :smile: Is your first choice Cambridge or Imperial?
Reply 199
Good luck with your Cam one, hope it goes really well :smile: Is your first choice Cambridge or Imperial?

Thank you, good luck with your Oxford one! Imperial is my top choice, their medicine course is so good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending