The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

LOL. Thanks.
Well, I am a PG candidate, so I don't know so much about undergrad entry shiznit, as I had my first degree in my home country, Nigeria. But I think you should be alright.
Good luck. :smile:
Original post by john__123
Congrats, what do you think my odds are for mech engineering? Check the previous page where I posted :tongue:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 181
Will having really good UMS scores in any of the subjects help me in the application, more than the actual grade? I'm really really happy with one of my subjects and I'm wondering whether only the actual grade matters or the points as well.
Original post by Karoel
Will having really good UMS scores in any of the subjects help me in the application, more than the actual grade? I'm really really happy with one of my subjects and I'm wondering whether only the actual grade matters or the points as well.

Well if you put down any UMS you should really put them down for all of your modules, so if all of your UMS are quite good it's normally a good idea. But if you have for one subject like 90+ avg ums percent and then the rest scrape 80 ums and you have an A* predicted for that it can be seen in a negative manner. Unfortunately showing only the good ums flags up to most tutors that there may be an issue
Reply 183
Original post by Iridann
Well if you put down any UMS you should really put them down for all of your modules, so if all of your UMS are quite good it's normally a good idea. But if you have for one subject like 90+ avg ums percent and then the rest scrape 80 ums and you have an A* predicted for that it can be seen in a negative manner. Unfortunately showing only the good ums flags up to most tutors that there may be an issue

Luckily my UMS are good all-round so is there an option in UCAS to put them down so that unis can consider them?
Feel free to ask any questions you like. I am starting Imperial this October, studying Chemical Engineering. :smile:
Original post by Karoel
Luckily my UMS are good all-round so is there an option in UCAS to put them down so that unis can consider them?

Yep. In the box to the right of each grade you can put the UMS you have got
Original post by Agibail
Feel free to ask any questions you like. I am starting Imperial this October, studying Chemical Engineering. :smile:

Hey, congrats I hope to be in your position this time near year. :smile: I am a fellow chem eng applicant. Do you mind me asking what your grades were and what your offer was and how your interview was? What you think imperial view most importantly?
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Hey, congrats I hope to be in your position this time near year. :smile: I am a fellow chem eng applicant. Do you mind me asking what your grades were and what your offer was and how your interview was? What you think imperial view most importantly?

I got A*A*A*A*A* (chem, bio, phy, math & further math). My offer was A*A*A*AA (A* should be from chem, math & further math). Last year the Imperial Chem Eng offers were quite ridiculous. Some even got A*A*A*A* offers :s-smilie: . The lowest offer I saw was A*A*A.

My interview went really smooth. I was in Argentina during that time, so they called me over the phone. To prepare for the Imperial interview:
1) Go through the ChemEng course content on the Imperial website
2) Go through ChemEng books, journals and be aware of the latest developments in ChemEng researches
3) Go through your personal statement as they will definitely ask questions directly about what you have written on your PS.

I think for Imperial, predicted grades matters a lot. If you have high predicted grades, then your only obstacle will be the interview. If you are predicted lower grades, make sure your personal statement is well-written.
Original post by Agibail
I got A*A*A*A*A* (chem, bio, phy, math & further math). My offer was A*A*A*AA (A* should be from chem, math & further math). Last year the Imperial Chem Eng offers were quite ridiculous. Some even got A*A*A*A* offers :s-smilie: . The lowest offer I saw was A*A*A.

My interview went really smooth. I was in Argentina during that time, so they called me over the phone. To prepare for the Imperial interview:
2) Go through ChemEng books, journals and be aware of the latest developments in ChemEng researches
3) Go through your personal statement as they will definitely ask questions directly about what you have written on your PS.

I think for Imperial, predicted grades matters a lot. If you have high predicted grades, then your only obstacle will be the interview. If you are predicted lower grades, make sure your personal statement is well-written.

Massive congratulations on your results. Oh wow that's quite high, but I suppose should be manageable for the calibre of Imperial Chem Eng students.
My GCSEs are quite weak, however it just so happens I turned around my weakest subjects at AS so hopefully that should be ok. I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics to the full A-Level and am predicted A*A*A*A respectively.
Thanks for the advice sounds really helpful, I would love to keep in touch every now and then and see how you're finding the course :smile:
Original post by Agibail

Hey if you don't mind me asking what were your gcse's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I am considering doing biochemistry with management at Imperial 4 year course.
GCSE's: 7A*, 5A's and B
AS's: Maths (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Economics (A)
Predictions: Maths (A*) Biology (A*) Chemistry (A)

Do I have a chance of getting a place or at least an interview?
Original post by lilypadrobber
Hi I am considering doing biochemistry with management at Imperial 4 year course.
GCSE's: 7A*, 5A's and B
AS's: Maths (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Economics (A)
Predictions: Maths (A*) Biology (A*) Chemistry (A)

Do I have a chance of getting a place or at least an interview?

They don't interview for life sciences, even the biochemistry course with management is still considered life sciences
Reply 192
Original post by chem@uni
I want to apply for Chemistry at Imperial but I have a C in English language does any one know if there is any chance I will get in? (I am aware of the B rule)

Hey! what's the B rule?
Any Geology or Geophysics applicants here?
Reply 194
Is anyone applying for Chemistry (with medicinal chemistry)?

Don't know which subject I should apply for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm Beth and I'm applying for Biochemistry. :smile:
Hi, I am applying for Chemical engineering it would be a dream come true, I am predicted A*A*A being optimistic in getting in, but reckon i have an awesome personal statement!
Original post by yl95
No, Imperial have interviews from October to early next year and different people receive offers at different times. Some people got their offers in mid November -- I got mine in late Nov -- and some not until the following year.

I got my offer in early April
GCSE: 9 A* 1 A
A-Level predictions: A*A*A*A
Applying to do: Computing MEng
Reply 199
Applying for Mechanical engineering
Got AABC for AS in Maths Physics Biology and Chemistry.
Do you think I stand a chance of getting an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending