The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
I'm a JMC applicant, I'm starting to get really worried as I haven't heard from them but I am aware they are already giving out January interviews.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, how many applicant does imperial have per place? Do you know the figures for materials science?

Also, how many offers do they make per place?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1982
Original post by Ed_Edd_Eddy
I'm a final year civil engineering student at Imperial and have helped out with the recruitment days, so feel free to ask me anything.

With regard to the test, i wouldn't worry too much. It only forms a relatively small part of what they are looking for. The aim of the test is to test you ability to apply some of your A level maths knowledge and to be able to show a clear line of reasoning. With regard to the rest of the interview day, just be yourself but make sure to ask lots of questions.

Hi Ed,
Thanks for offering to help. Actually, I'm a recent graduate from Africa looking to do an MSc. in Advanced Mechanical Engineering at ICL. At this time, I have to decide between the Cambridge environment and Imperial's and I thought to inquire from someone already at ICL. I'd appreciate if you answered this questions for me - preferably over mail as I might need your real identity at some point. Any (Mech Eng) students willing to help are welcome.

1) What is the ICL environment like? For example is the school sited in town close to industries or away? How diverse is the student base?
2)Are professors easy to relate with and willing to help with students' work?

Please feel free to suggest any other persons at Imperial you think I could speak to. I'll be glad to get responses ASAP.
Original post by Summit
Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, how many applicant does imperial have per place? Do you know the figures for materials science?

You can find the answers to the bold questions here, there's no information on the number of offers per place though.
Reply 1984
Original post by Summit
Hey guys,

They generally give out about 3 offers per place :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is m1 more easier then s1?

The specification is so small for m1 compared to s1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chlorophile
You can find the answers to the bold questions here, there's no information on the number of offers per place though.

Thanks! That's surprising, I was expecting EEE to have a higher applicant:tongue:lace ratio than materials.

Bioengineers have it easy :P
Original post by Summit
Thanks! That's surprising, I was expecting EEE to have a higher applicant:tongue:lace ratio than materials.

Bioengineers have it easy :P

Well in fairness, Materials have the lowest average UCAS tariff score :P
Original post by Chlorophile
Well in fairness, Materials have the lowest average UCAS tariff score :P

And Earth scientists have the lowest number of applicants per place :tongue:

But, remember, we are on the same team... If we both go to Imperial we are both going to be in the Royal School of Mines! :biggrin:
Original post by Foxab

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happens if more people than places achieve their offer?
Original post by Foxab

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that's amazing! In comparison LSE sends offers to 2 applicants per place!
Reply 1991
Original post by ubisoft

Im guessing they have algorithms and **** working out how many people given offers won't make the requirements and also how many will end up at oxbridge or some other uni instead.
Original post by ubisoft

They are forced to take everyone who firmed them and achieved the grades required to meet their offer. This year, it looks like Imperial is sending a lot of offers for computing, and therefore they decided to make them very tough (STEP & AEA) in order to decrease the number of students meeting the offer.
what documentation do you need to bring to the interview?
Original post by Ed_Edd_Eddy
I'm a final year civil engineering student at Imperial and have helped out with the recruitment days, so feel free to ask me anything.

With regard to the test, i wouldn't worry too much. It only forms a relatively small part of what they are looking for. The aim of the test is to test you ability to apply some of your A level maths knowledge and to be able to show a clear line of reasoning. With regard to the rest of the interview day, just be yourself but make sure to ask lots of questions.

What if you have just found an interest in Civil Engineering, there isn't much to say or ask?
Also, is everyone given a fair chance at the discussion(as in not 1 or 2 dominating)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reacher65
I'm in the same boat as you (except I got an A in History instead of Econ)
I've got an interview for EEE next week

So as long as your personal statement is good (mine wasn't amazing) , you have a very good chance.
What are your GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your reply reacher! :smile:
I got 5A*3A1C for my IGCSE :/ I did not realised the importance of grades until i got to AS so i studied hard for them. hope your interview goes well!!!
I will be sending my UCAS this week
Original post by BVN
Congrats, both on the offer and the grades :smile: Mind if I ask when you had your interview? I had mine on the 12th and I'm getting pretty worried by now...

29th October. Found the general interview part more difficult than the subject specific part weirdly.
Original post by Reacher65
What if you have just found an interest in Civil Engineering, there isn't much to say or ask?
Also, is everyone given a fair chance at the discussion(as in not 1 or 2 dominating)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can there not be much to say?
Original post by Summit
They are forced to take everyone who firmed them and achieved the grades required to meet their offer. This year, it looks like Imperial is sending a lot of offers for computing, and therefore they decided to make them very tough (STEP & AEA) in order to decrease the number of students meeting the offer.

But computing at imperial was in clearing this year I heard. Imperial are weirdos lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how many aeronautics offers are made ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending