Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dianav99
What do you mean? Aren't too important?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The majority of people who get interviews get offers and even if you mess up your interview but have strong academic credentials you'll still most probably get the offer. Some departments don't even interview and generally the interviews aren't particularly stimulating as they are there just to determine whether you are a communicable person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by umutalberts
The majority of people who get interviews get offers and even if you mess up your interview but have strong academic credentials you'll still most probably get the offer. Some departments don't even interview and generally the interviews aren't particularly stimulating as they are there just to determine whether you are a communicable person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily, for Civil the admissions tutor said around 1/3 of interviewees get offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edd1234
This is ridiculous.
You can't have done anymore than that, unless your GCSEs were shocking.
You really should phone them up and ask why.

GCSEs were 5 A*s and 8As

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, well maybe but I won't rely on that. I am a pessimistic(or rather I do not get my hopes up) and so I might be that 1%:smile:). So I'll still try to give my best!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobertCalifornia
Not necessarily, for Civil the admissions tutor said around 1/3 of interviewees get offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes no sense, AFAIK more than 50% of civil engineering applicants get offers.
Original post by arcanum96
When did you interview?

I haven't interviewed yet. You?
Just got offer for maths, A*A*A* no STEP no interview... can't really make it my insurance though too high
Reply 3987
Original post by Davothebigafro
Just got offer for maths, A*A*A* no STEP no interview... can't really make it my insurance though too high

congrats!! when did you get your offer if you dont mind me asking? and was it through email or track? cuz i'm stilling waiting on mine.

do you mind sharing your MAT score?

Hey, congrats ! When did you apply if I may ask
Original post by RH0909
congrats!! when did you get your offer if you dont mind me asking? and was it through email or track? cuz i'm stilling waiting on mine.

I posted on here literally 5 minutes after, got it through track
Original post by standkakao
do you mind sharing your MAT score?

I haven't got it back yet but i estimated in the 50s
Original post by samu16
Hey, congrats ! When did you apply if I may ask

Mid september lol
What does this mean please, do you think this means that I will get an offer???? Please help me

Hello from the Admissions Team at the Imperial College Department of Mathematics. We hope you are well.

We are busy completing the review of all of the very strong applications to the Department, and if you haven’t heard from us yet, please do not worry, the number of applications this year has been especially high and thus it is taking a little longer than normal.

We wanted to update you on a few things taking place at the College, to welcome you to visit if you are interested -

· We are holding our last Departmental Open Day for this academic year on Wednesday 4th March from 2.30 to 5pm. If you haven’t been to one before (or would like to come again!) please visit http://www.imperial.ac.uk/natural-sciences/departments/mathematics/study/admissions/undergraduate/open-days/ for more information and to register
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samu16
What does this mean please, I am becoming crazy, do you think this means that I will get an offer???? Please help me

Hello from the Admissions Team at the Imperial College Department of Mathematics. We hope you are well.

We are busy completing the review of all of the very strong applications to the Department, and if you haven’t heard from us yet, please do not worry, the number of applications this year has been especially high and thus it is taking a little longer than normal.

We wanted to update you on a few things taking place at the College, to welcome you to visit if you are interested -

· We are holding our last Departmental Open Day for this academic year on Wednesday 4th March from 2.30 to 5pm. If you haven’t been to one before (or would like to come again!) please visit http://www.imperial.ac.uk/natural-sciences/departments/mathematics/study/admissions/undergraduate/open-days/ for more information and to register
It probably means nothing, I just got that email too and I have an offer
Original post by samu16
What does this mean please, I am becoming crazy, do you think this means that I will get an offer???? Please help me

Hey! Received the same email. This is the very first time I have heard from them since I sent my application on December 15. I think this email is automatic and means nothing but I still hope I will get an offer :biggrin: We just have to wait a little longer :/
Original post by AgrippaRed
Hey! Received the same email. This is the very first time I have heard from them since I sent my application on December 15. I think this email is automatic and means nothing but I still hope I will get an offer :biggrin: We just have to wait a little longer :/

Yeah I think you're right. I applied on the 10th of december. We'll have to wait then
Any computing (not JMC) students heard?

Congrats and that's one crazy offer haha. What's your firm and insurance going to be? :smile:
Original post by samu16
What does this mean please, do you think this means that I will get an offer???? Please help me

It means nothing really. I got the email but I've got an offer and declined it already. So really they are so busy they didn't even bother updating my application status!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending