Original post by Vincent Song
Because I am applying to Oxford as well.aha

Sorry replied late at night realise how obvious that was now aha
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 781
Original post by edd1234567890
Cheers, They sent me an acknowledgement email early morning on the 24th and an invite to interview that evening.

Oh ite dats sik
Gd luck man :smile:
Original post by Karoel
I'm going for JMC as well :biggrin:

I think so far I have an acknowledgement from them only... so I'm still trying to wait patiently for any more emails. I'm guessing there will be separate interviews for the maths and for the compsci? I'm really not sure though.

At this point I think I'm one step away from having a full-blown obsession with Imperial :tongue:

Judging by Connect I think we're all still waiting :smile:

Imperial has quickly gone from like third choice to first because I keep thinking how awesome it'd be to be in London :') - Good luck to you! :biggrin:
Original post by rdmchill
I got asked a Chemical Engineering problem. I know others got asked maths.

Who was your interviewer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 784
Original post by anunoriginaluser

Imperial has quickly gone from like third choice to first because I keep thinking how awesome it'd be to be in London :') - Good luck to you! :biggrin:

Maybe JMC is done by maths dept not compsci?
Original post by TVIO

I was under the impression that the Compsci folks managed it since it was on their department on ICL's website (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ugprospectus/facultiesanddepartments/computing/mathscomputingcourses) but it may be managed by maths, I suppose.
Reply 786

Original post by TVIO

JMC is done by the computing dept, which is a bit worrying cause one of my friends already has a computing interview. Then again it's a joint course so I'm still patient :smile:
Reply 787
I was under the impression that the Compsci folks managed it since it was on their department on ICL's website (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ugprospectus/facultiesanddepartments/computing/mathscomputingcourses) but it may be managed by maths, I suppose.

Just meant the interview. JMC is more difficult to get into I believe, and most pure compscis get offers after interview.
Original post by TVIO
Just meant the interview. JMC is more difficult to get into I believe, and most pure compscis get offers after interview.

I'm so glad they don't see my UMS in that case :colondollar: just hope the interview isn't too scary.

Original post by Karoel

JMC is done by the computing dept, which is a bit worrying cause one of my friends already has a computing interview. Then again it's a joint course so I'm still patient :smile:
#

Yeah :smile: Connect's cool
Original post by edd1234567890
Cheers, They sent me an acknowledgement email early morning on the 24th and an invite to interview that evening.

Hi! You are the first person I know to have an interview for mechanical eng. When did you apply? I have applied to both mech and design engineering, I have received some mails but none about the interview :frown: so Im still waiting!

Good luck on the 12th :smile:
Hey, just to anyone who's got an interview or conditional offer at imperial. How long have you waited?
I've sent my application two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them...:s-smilie:
BTW I applied to Meng Chemical engineering.
Original post by misaki2
Hey, just to anyone who's got an interview or conditional offer at imperial. How long have you waited?
I've sent my application two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them...:s-smilie:
BTW I applied to Meng Chemical engineering.

Hey, don't worry I'm in a similar position to you and I applied for the same course all I've received is my acknowledgement email. I think for Chemical Engineering interviews they're doing it in batches based on when you applied as generally from what I can see people who applied round a similar time and pretty early have been interviewed/interviewing - hopefully we will make next round
Has anyone who applied for Computing on the 15th of October or later have been invited for an interview or received an offer?
Original post by arcanum96
Hey, don't worry I'm in a similar position to you and I applied for the same course all I've received is my acknowledgement email. I think for Chemical Engineering interviews they're doing it in batches based on when you applied as generally from what I can see people who applied round a similar time and pretty early have been interviewed/interviewing - hopefully we will make next round

I applied in September and all I have gotten so far is a generic acknowledgment :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
I applied in September and all I have gotten so far is a generic acknowledgment :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this Chem Eng?
Is this Chem Eng?

No, materials. But I know that some people have already gotten interview invites that applied later than me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
No, materials. But I know that some people have already gotten interview invites that applied later than me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
what are your grades/predictions like?
what are your grades/predictions like?

I had 6 A at AS with 98% average UMS (maths, chem, phys, bio, russian and greek) and predicted 5 A* (I dropped Greek) at A2 and an A in AS further maths that I'm self teaching

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Hi there, yeah I think you might be right. When did you apply?
Best of luck to both of us!
Original post by aersh8
I had 6 A at AS with 99% average UMS (maths, chem, phys, bio, russian and greek) and predicted 5 A* (I dropped Greek) at A2 and an A in AS further maths that I'm self teaching

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't worry in that case then you sound like a very strong candidate, not sure why if you applied in September and they've started interviewing for Materials they haven't called you yet. I assumed it was based on when you sent your application that's how they're doing it, that's what some other people I've spoken to think how it's done, at least for Chemical Engineering, could be different for Materials

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending