The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theoaze
Hoping to apply for mechanical engineering. In AS I got AABD (two A's were high A's) and I am predicted ABB for A-Level. I feel this is an underprediction though, I could probably get it up to AAA. What are the chances I will even be shortlisted for an interview if I applied?

Also I would probably get a contextual offer from most unis since I attend a below-average school so does this play any part in the decision?

if ur as A's were high. why are you not predicited a*'s. get this predicition changed as theres a very likely chance that u will get rejected straight away. u do realise that the requirements are A*A*A. also what subjects did u get those grades in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by physicsmaths
I'll tell u who. A bulls***ter lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Called this on page 51 aha. The username is the giveaway (naivestudent)
Original post by theoaze
Hoping to apply for mechanical engineering. In AS I got AABD (two A's were high A's) and I am predicted ABB for A-Level. I feel this is an underprediction though, I could probably get it up to AAA. What are the chances I will even be shortlisted for an interview if I applied?

Also I would probably get a contextual offer from most unis since I attend a below-average school so does this play any part in the decision?

the ratio f acceptences is very high as its 1:8 or 1:9 ish so its very competitive. its probably the most competitive course in the uk maybe. amajority of people will be predicted 3A* or more. im just trying to help u get a feel of the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edd1234567890
Called this on page 51 aha. The username is the giveaway (naivestudent)

lol. just noticed that lol. im so dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
if ur as A's were high. why are you not predicited a*'s. get this predicition changed as theres a very likely chance that u will get rejected straight away. u do realise that the requirements are A*A*A. also what subjects did u get those grades in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A's were in maths and chemistry, B in physics.
Original post by theoaze

i don't think imperial even do contextual offers, they are not looking to feel sympathy. I suppose they would consider your circumstances in extreme cases. Remember most people applying to Imperial for courses like engineering will be significantly well over the MINIMUM requirements, which, unfortunately, you dont meet.
Apart from your a levels, ff your PS or entrance tests are good, then you should get an interview :smile: good luck
what is wrong with Mechanical Engineering? They told me they would make a decision since a month ago. I still have not received anything from them. The waiting drives me crazy. OMG. any mechanical engineering applicant here? Do you guys get the invitations for interviews or offers yet? Good luck to everyone!:smile:
any civil engineerig applicants here who got a call for an interview??????
Original post by twenty16app
any civil engineerig applicants here who got a call for an interview??????

Me
Has anyone heard back for Biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same mech eng applicant here :wink: . Haven't heard back from them yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reacher65
Me

How was it?? when did you hear from them and what were ur grades??
Original post by twenty16app
How was it?? when did you hear from them and what were ur grades??

It's on the 03/12/14
They told me on 14/11/14
A*A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edd1234
Why are there so many people (like me) who applied <15th Oct, and still haven't heard anything, yet people who applied a week or so before a given interview day have been invited ??!!??!?!?!?!?!?
Why not process everyone in order :frown:

I'm not saying I should be guaranteed a place, or that I'll even get one, but I'd have thought with my grades I'd at least get an interview :frown:
(Applying for Computing, AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, and 6A*, 5A, B in GCSE, and I'd like to think a strong PS).

I am in the same situation. I applied on 15th oct and am waiting and waiting and checking my emails all the time. It's so damn frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!! If only they gave us a sign or something. I feel like they've skipped me:smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, has anyone got an offer for civil engineering yet? I'm an international student and the wait is driving me crazy.
Has anyone been to a civil engineering applicant day yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate the wait when I already got the other 4 offers and waiting for the reply of imperial :/
Anyone recieved anything from the Chem Eng department. I mean a response to the interview.
Anyone got a chemistry interview tomorrow?
Original post by chermaine123
Congrats! When did you apply?

Like the 2nd of October:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending