The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ankur_sharam309
how did the interview go? Was it a general interview or academic? How many other applicants of Mech Eng did you see invited. Did you get to know anything about which applicants are being invited first?

I still have not heard anything back :frown: (EU Mech eng applicant)

Good luck and sorry for stalking lol.

The interview was fine thanks. My technical question was just resolving forces and then it was just a general discussion about why I want to do engineering and my career aspirations.
Everyone there seemed to have applied before October 15th (oxbridge deadline). There were about 35 of us. I wouldn't worry, interviews take place over a long period of time, well into March. Good luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Any other aeronautics applicants attending the admissions day tomorrow?
Original post by Reacher65
EEE

I couldn't answer any of the technical questions, all the other applicant I talked to answered theirs or at least made a solid attempt

I know you're not supposed to tell us what the questions were specifically but generally what topic? Electronic circuits? Mechanics?

Was it a drilling or did they just ask one or two?

Any hard maths questions?
Original post by AltairAlAstorah
Any other aeronautics applicants attending the admissions day tomorrow?

Mine's Friday, the day after.
Original post by Elcor
Mine's Friday, the day after.

Oh okay cool :smile:, do you have any clue about what the maths test is going to be on? So far all I've got is that its covering AS topics :/
Oh okay cool :smile:, do you have any clue about what the maths test is going to be on? So far all I've got is that its covering AS topics :/

Someone just PM'ed me who went to it today, and apparently it's not difficult so I'm sure that's fine. :smile:
Original post by Elcor
Someone just PM'ed me who went to it today, and apparently it's not difficult so I'm sure that's fine. :smile:

ahhh thats good lol, any other tips from the PM'er? >.<
ahhh thats good lol, any other tips from the PM'er? >.<

No, not really but from people's responses I've gathered that the Aeronautics interviews vary a lot from interviewer to interviewer. Some people had calm chats, some were thrown loads of maths/physics questions.
Original post by LouN1997
The interview was fine thanks. My technical question was just resolving forces and then it was just a general discussion about why I want to do engineering and my career aspirations.
Everyone there seemed to have applied before October 15th (oxbridge deadline). There were about 35 of us. I wouldn't worry, interviews take place over a long period of time, well into March. Good luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. You must be feeling amazing. Were you told at the interview whether you are going to receive the offer or not? Did you see any EU/EEA applicants at the interview? Sorry for bothering you constantly, but I am just curious (and nervous).
Ooh okay, I guess I'll just have to wait and see then. Best of luck for Friday ^-^.
My friend just had loads of maths and physics questions he said
Original post by halalsushi
I know you're not supposed to tell us what the questions were specifically but generally what topic? Electronic circuits? Mechanics?

Was it a drilling or did they just ask one or two?

Any hard maths questions?

Everybody got asked different questions, some programming, others electric.
I was asked just 2 maths questions (I couldn't attempt neither). It was based on what you already have studied, he asked whether I covered a certain topic before giving me the question.
Original post by Reacher65
Everybody got asked different questions, some programming, others electric.
I was asked just 2 maths questions (I couldn't attempt neither). It was based on what you already have studied, he asked whether I covered a certain topic before giving me the question.

Ah, so most of it was personal statement based. Do you think you'll get an offer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ankur_sharam309
Thanks. You must be feeling amazing. Were you told at the interview whether you are going to receive the offer or not? Did you see any EU/EEA applicants at the interview? Sorry for bothering you constantly, but I am just curious (and nervous).

They aren't really allowed to say, but the interviewer did say I hope to see you in October which is good :tongue: there were two EU applicants, one from Germany and one from Brussels. Don't worry its fine! If you have the grades for their standard offer or above then you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by halalsushi
Ah, so most of it was personal statement based. Do you think you'll get an offer?

NOOOOO
NO CHANCE AT ALL
100% Rejection
Original post by mintyboy
I just got a rejection

Oh no! So sorry. 😞
Aeronautics interview for me was very maths based, no mention of my statement at all.

The maths test is very very rushed and mostly C3/C4/M1 sort of stuff.
Original post by rdmchill
Chen Eng applicants, did you guys hear. Anything today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just checked UCAS and have had an offer! A*AA
Reply 1798
Original post by A patch

For Chem Eng? OMG Congrats :smile: Mind if I ask when your interview was and what grades you got?
Original post by A patch

OH WOW!!! Congrats! I'm still waiting for a reply for them. Applied the 29th of Sept and still haven't heard back (although I think it's 'cause I probably won't have an interview as I'm overseas. Dunno).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending