The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
Hey, Just wanted to see how many people were interested in applying to UCL for the upcoming Cycle. Personally I'm applying for Urban Planning, Design and Management BSc. At AS I got AAAC so there's a good chance I'll get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
---
Connect to UCL here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

So glad I've found someone applying for the same course as I am! At AS I got AABB (English Literature, Government and Politics, Geography, Drama) and my predicted grades for the first three in A2 are AAA. Plus the course have stopped doing interviews starting this year apparently so that's all good news... UCAS is going to be sent off like, tomorrow and I'm going to be so impatient until I hear back from them hahaha
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I got an email from them inviting me for an open day and informal discussion near the end of this month.
I applied for Natural Sciences.
What does this open day invitation mean? Anyone else got one?
Original post by GoldWolf12
So glad I've found someone applying for the same course as I am! At AS I got AABB (English Literature, Government and Politics, Geography, Drama) and my predicted grades for the first three in A2 are AAA. Plus the course have stopped doing interviews starting this year apparently so that's all good news... UCAS is going to be sent off like, tomorrow and I'm going to be so impatient until I hear back from them hahaha

I know right, there's hardly anyone doing planning. My Ucas Form is being sent of on Tuesday, just waiting for My head of year to do a reference. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iPixelBlue
Just like to say I got 6A* 3A 2B and my school had 51%. I know my GCSEs aren't amazing but still.

Same my school achieved about 50% when I did my GCSEs and I got 7A* 4A but I do understand that grades can still be affected by the school not being that great

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right, there's hardly anyone doing planning. My Ucas Form is being sent of on Tuesday, just waiting for My head of year to do a reference. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Knowing my college's admin mine will probably be sent off then too lmao. UCL is my top choice but I'm applying to Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester and Cardiff too. What about you?
I'm applying for management science but i only got ABBE(E for econ) for my As grades and AAA for my predicted grades! Do you think I still stand a chance?
Original post by mynameispoo
I'm applying for management science but i only got ABBE(E for econ) for my As grades and AAA for my predicted grades! Do you think I still stand a chance?

what were your gcses like. If they were not good enough, then....good luck.
Original post by aersh8
Hi! :smile:

I've applied to biomedical engineering, my grades so far:
6A at AS (math, bio, chem, phys, russian, greek) with 98% average UMS
9A* and 1A at IGCSE
I'm predicted 5A* at A2 (dropped greek) and A at AS further math (self-taught)

BUT my personal statement is kind of irrelevant to biomedical engineering, as it is geared towards natural sciences.
Do you think this will disadvantage my application? How much does UCL even care about ps?

Thanks!

Dayum.
Original post by GoldWolf12
Knowing my college's admin mine will probably be sent off then too lmao. UCL is my top choice but I'm applying to Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester and Cardiff too. What about you?

I'm applying to
Cambridge (Aspirational)
UCL
Sheffield
Manchester/Cardiff
UWE (Back up)

I think UCL might be my first choice as well. To be honest Sheffield and UCL are the only universities I want to go to.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to
Cambridge (Aspirational)
UCL
Sheffield
Manchester/Cardiff
UWE (Back up)

I think UCL might be my first choice as well. To be honest Sheffield and UCL are the only universities I want to go to.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh I'm applying to the same unis :biggrin: only Imperial instead of UWE xD
What courses are you applying for?
Original post by The Lord
Your exam results are so ridiculously good that you could probably submit a recipe for carrot soup as a personal statement and stand a good chance of an offer. Seriously, as long as your personal statement is vaguely related to the subject you're applying for (as a humanities person I have no idea what the difference is between natural sciences and biomedical engineering lol) I think you'll stand a good chance :smile: I'll assume based on your academic achievement that you're also applying for Oxbridge- I can't imagine you'll have any problems getting an offer from there either.

Thanks for your kind words!! You really did make me feel better :smile: to be honest I was pretty worried since UCL's an amazing uni and I'd love to get an offer...
Original post by The Lord
I'm applying for European Social and Political Studies.

GCSEs: 5A*s, 4As, 1B
AS: AAAAB (French, Economics, Politics, Critical Thinking, English Literature)- Average of around 90% UMS
A2 predictions: A*A*A (French, Economics, Politics)
Other: EPQ on France's language policy, voluntary work, wider reading, competitive debating, model united nations, other stuff
Applying to: UCL, Warwick, three other places I haven't chosen yet lol

Do you guys think I stand a decent chance of an interview/offer?

I think you're set :smile: you've surpassed the grade requirements and you've done a lot of relevant activities. An interview's for shizzles (I'm not sure about whether they do interviews for this course) and there really is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer!
Original post by aersh8
Oooh I'm applying to the same unis :biggrin: only Imperial instead of UWE xD
What courses are you applying for?

I'm applying for Urban Planning at all of them except Cambridge for which I'm applying for Land Economy

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for Urban Planning at all of them except Cambridge for which I'm applying for Land Economy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! What college?
Original post by aersh8
Nice! What college?

I'm still undecided about Pembroke or Trinity Hall. What about you?
I'm still undecided about Pembroke or Trinity Hall. What about you?

St John's for no reason whatsoever :P I read about it, liked it and didn't want to look into any other colleges so as to avoid difficult decisions))
Anyone got an offer for maths yet?
Original post by rakin295
Anyone got an offer for maths yet?

i got mine 2 days ago. My mate in another school got his yesterday. Both for Maths Bsc
Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend wants to do astrophysics Msci but is doing BTEC level 3 science with physics and maths level.Does he have a chance and what grades does he need and which UNIS are best.Thanks
Original post by iPixelBlue
i got mine 2 days ago. My mate in another school got his yesterday. Both for Maths Bsc

I applied for the MSci Maths, how long did you have to wait till you got the offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending