The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessWM
Is it acceptable to email the admissions to see where your application is standing?
I'm getting soooo fidgety!

:frown: if you do that and get a respond, can you tell me so i could do the same :confused:
my status is still "application received"" :s-smilie:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by arcanum96
What does your portico status say?

Application received.
It's just I applied really early and i think there have been at least 2 sets of interviews already- so I'm really curious as to whether I just haven't been successful!
Original post by than4711
:frown: if you do that and get a respond, can you tell me so i could do the same :confused:
my status is still "application received"" :s-smilie:

Yeah of course!
It's so nerve wrecking!
Original post by JessWM
Application received.
It's just I applied really early and i think there have been at least 2 sets of interviews already- so I'm really curious as to whether I just haven't been successful!

I think they just haven't looked at your application yet because when they were looking at my application then it switched to "application being considered by admissions" or something like that and on that day I received my decision, speaking to others and seeing on here I think that's how UCL operate as soon as they switch it to that then you hear very shortly after.That's why I think they just haven't come to your application yet. Which course is this?
I think they just haven't looked at your application yet because when they were looking at my application then it switched to "application being considered by admissions" or something like that and on that day I received my decision, speaking to others and seeing on here I think that's how UCL operate as soon as they switch it to that then you hear very shortly after.That's why I think they just haven't come to your application yet. Which course is this?

Ah right, it does say this though:

"
Application status
Application Received
Many thanks for applying to UCL. We were pleased to receive your application which is now being considered. Our degree programmes attract a large number of well qualified applicants so it may be some time before we can give you a decision. We shall, however, endeavour to consider your application as quickly as we can."

..Which makes it sound like they have looked at it?

Oh it's all very confusing! And I've applied for English.
Original post by JessWM
Ah right, it does say this though:

"
Application status
Application Received
Many thanks for applying to UCL. We were pleased to receive your application which is now being considered. Our degree programmes attract a large number of well qualified applicants so it may be some time before we can give you a decision. We shall, however, endeavour to consider your application as quickly as we can."

..Which makes it sound like they have looked at it?

Oh it's all very confusing! And I've applied for English.

I know that English at UCL is very competitive so maybe they wanted to wait till the deadline and will then start being a bit quicker with their responses now that deadline has passed? I can understand how frustrating waiting can be, hope you hear soon!
(edited 9 years ago)
I know that English at UCL is very competitive so maybe they wanted to wait till the deadline and will then start being a bit quicker with their responses now that deadline has passed? I can understand how frustrating waiting can be, hope you hear soon!

Yeah it is. And I hope you're right!

Thanks very much :smile:
Original post by JessWM
Yeah it is. And I hope you're right!

Thanks very much :smile:

Also wrt what they've said I think that means they've received your application but an admissions staff hasn't gone through it yet because when they do it will update to that on portico, they're not very clear but same happened for me!
Also wrt what they've said I think that means they've received your application but an admissions staff hasn't gone through it yet because when they do it will update to that on portico, they're not very clear but same happened for me!

Ah! Okay that makes sense- thanks so much!
Original post by heyfran
Congratulations then! I'm still up for being you btw :colondollar:

Haha, thanks, yeah, the UCL EBEES course is pretty great :biggrin: I wish you the best of luck with your application! Where else have you applied?
Reply 1990
Any Law with French/German/Hispanic Law applicants? I have a phone interview tomorrow and wondering what to expect!! :s-smilie:
Original post by heyfran
Thanks! :biggrin: Well, I was actually rejected by LSE last year, went to Warwick for approx. 3 weeks. Loved the people, hated the university, left, got a job at the embassy in Romania, a guy there told me about the EBEES course, loved the idea, visited a friend at UCL and completely fell in love with the uni and now I am only applying there so I better get in. :colondollar: Oh and I have also applied to St. Andrews but only because tuition fees are lower there so there would be some money left to eventually do a Master's degree at a university I really love.

I see. Yeah I have a friend at Warwick who doesn't seem so happy with the uni. And congrats on getting an embassy job!
Original post by philerus
I see. Yeah I have a friend at Warwick who doesn't seem so happy with the uni. And congrats on getting an embassy job!

Yeah, I never wanted to go to Warwick, but my parents convinced me to give it a try due to the great rep of the econ department. Thanks, it was only for two months though and I'm basically just making coffee all day. :biggrin: I am returning home at the end of January and then I will have to find something else to keep me occupied during this very annoying and unplanned gap year :redface: Congrats on your offer again. May I ask what your predicted grades are?
Original post by hajs
Just got a biological sciences offer, need AAA.
Best of luck to everyone else who is still waiting!

Ahh that's great!! Congrats!!:biggrin:
When did you apply with what predicted grades?? xx
Reply 1994
Original post by catalina.cruanas
Ahh that's great!! Congrats!!:biggrin:
When did you apply with what predicted grades?? xx

Thank you! I applied some time ago, late october, predicted AAAB so fingers crossed. yourself? what you studying? what uni's?
Original post by hajs
Thank you! I applied some time ago, late october, predicted AAAB so fingers crossed. yourself? what you studying? what uni's?

Ahh that's nicee!
I applied in December for Biological Sciences with a predicted 39 IB 666 at HL which i think converts into an AAA for A levels!
UCL and Imperial are both my Reach unis (I'd die if I get an offer from them:biggrin:) and then from the other 3, York (my safety) is the only one that has offered me a conditional place:wink:!
Reply 1996
Original post by sabinaraus
Yes I do haha! :smile:
King's is great, but their course has only been introduced this year and right now it's not accredited so I'm not sure how that will be perceived. With their reputation though, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
QM is a very good safe choice, I myself am thinking of it being my 2nd choice, if KCL rejects me. :wink:

Youre getting into UCL anyways, come ooon... :wink:
Reply 1997
Original post by catalina.cruanas
Ahh that's nicee!
I applied in December for Biological Sciences with a predicted 39 IB 666 at HL which i think converts into an AAA for A levels!
UCL and Imperial are both my Reach unis (I'd die if I get an offer from them:biggrin:) and then from the other 3, York (my safety) is the only one that has offered me a conditional place:wink:!

oo same course! I also applied to imperial.still waiting from them. im sure you will get it!! well i think from UCL anyway!
Original post by ucas2015app
anyone got an offer: Management science?

Nope, I applied in October, did the questionnaire in December and I'm still waiting.
I also applied in oct for maths, didn't get any questionnaire but received an offer last week. They're veery slow but hang in there!😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending