The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I still haven't heard anything from them. I'm so sure they've forgotten me.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
anyone accepted MSc. Infection and Immunity '15?
I will be studying in the IOE for psych with education. Will the IOE students be isolated from the UCL community? :/ kinda worried about it ~
Original post by melomelohohoho
I will be studying in the IOE for psych with education. Will the IOE students be isolated from the UCL community? :/ kinda worried about it ~

It's not far from the main ucl campus, it's pretty much connected to the geography/pyschology building which has a cafe etc
IOE Haven't been part if ucl for very long but if you get a uclu membership then you can join in sigh clubs, societies, visit bars etc so there's no reason to be isolated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ramesh Babu
Hahahahha yes it is inspired by om shanti om ... Was feeling a bit adventurous I guess 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big SRK fan? xD

And I guess I just have to say this :

Ek chutki sindoor ki kimat tum kya jaano Ramesh Babu? Aurat ke sar ka taj hota hai, ek chutki sindoor. 😂😂

Haha which course have you applied for?
Nice to know we have SRK fans here as well. kkkkkkkiiiiiran

UCL may be my sons insurance choice as he has to choose between
UCL and warwick for his insurance

But someone suggested us to choose UCL over Warwick from the point of view
of recruitment

Does that make sense
Original post by AQUF42
Nice to know we have SRK fans here as well. kkkkkkkiiiiiran

UCL may be my sons insurance choice as he has to choose between
UCL and warwick for his insurance

But someone suggested us to choose UCL over Warwick from the point of view
of recruitment

Does that make sense

Yes ucl is better regarded by employers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by indigoheart
Yes ucl is better regarded by employers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily, depends on the degree
Imperial>>>>UCL>warwick
But for maths in particular: Imperial>Warwick>>>>UCL

(in general for science based courses).
For arts/humanities who cares xD
This is for Economics

So have chosen LSE as firm
followed by UCL as insurance
Original post by AakankshaS
Big SRK fan? xD

And I guess I just have to say this :

Ek chutki sindoor ki kimat tum kya jaano Ramesh Babu? Aurat ke sar ka taj hota hai, ek chutki sindoor. 😂😂

Haha which course have you applied for?

Hahahah amazing 😂👌 I've applied for architecture... I'm still waiting
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone still waiting?????
Original post by superduperweirdo
Is anyone still waiting?????

Yeah, for MSc though. I hear some departments would stop considering applications this week. Probably means we would be hearing back this week as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wizdome
Yeah, for MSc though. I hear some departments would stop considering applications this week. Probably means we would be hearing back this week as well.

Oh, mine's an undergraduate application. Let's hope for the best then! :smile:
I was just wondering, has everyone received their student ID numbers?
Original post by iPixelBlue
Imperial>>>>UCL>warwick
But for maths in particular: Imperial>Warwick>>>>UCL

(in general for science based courses).
For arts/humanities who cares xD

So how is life at Imperial? :smile:

How are you quantifying this? For Maths there's the unofficially accepted 'COWI is the best' thought, tbh I didn't like the way Maths was taught at Warwick which is part of why I left, but definitely to say employment prospects for an Imperial Mathmo are better than for a Warwick Mathmo would be wrong.
I'm still waiting for undergrad reply from UCL and I applied before the Jan deadline. What should I do?

Is this normal? When does UCL reply by?
Original post by TigerDream
I'm still waiting for undergrad reply from UCL and I applied before the Jan deadline. What should I do? Is this normal? When does UCL reply by?
Typically, if they don't get in touch with you before the March 31st deadline, they would normally reach out by the May 31st ultimate deadline. I'd advise that you put a call through if you haven't already. I can imagine what the wait is like. Wonder if you have any other options elsewhere?
Original post by Wahrheit
So how is life at Imperial? :smile:

How are you quantifying this? For Maths there's the unofficially accepted 'COWI is the best' thought, tbh I didn't like the way Maths was taught at Warwick which is part of why I left, but definitely to say employment prospects for an Imperial Mathmo are better than for a Warwick Mathmo would be wrong.

You mean to tell me prospects at Warwick maths are better than ICL? LOL (had a good laugh at that 1 cheers). btw it's true more people from warwick are aiming at IB and banking etc. (though not such a great proportion even get in lol) than ICL, but it is obvious ICL would give you the better chance. Also ICL maths starting salary is higher. Besides all the banks come to ICL. It's all relative my friend :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iPixelBlue
You mean to tell me prospects at Warwick maths are better than ICL? LOL (had a good laugh at that 1 cheers). btw it's true more people from warwick are aiming at IB and banking etc. (though not such a great proportion even get in lol) than ICL, but it is obvious ICL would give you the better chance. Also ICL maths starting salary is higher. Besides all the banks come to ICL. It's all relative my friend :smile:

No I'm saying prospects are roughly equal. All the banks come to Warwick too lol, what's your point? You don't understand how people get jobs, it seems. I'll educate you. Your degree subject, and the awarding institution, are taken into consideration when deciding whether to give you a job offer. They are not the only things considered, and in fact aren't the most important things by the time the applicant has gone through all stages of the job application. Think of it like a filter. They won't bother interviewing the majority of applicants for many top jobs, so they might eliminate people with comparitively worse or less relevant degrees. UG Warwick or Imperial Maths on your CV will never be the reason an application is binned. By the end of the application they aren't going to ignore interview or testing performance for something as meaningless as 'word on the street is that the place this applicant went to uni isn't as well renowned so we won't hire him even though he's demonstrably the better applicant'.

Also saying what the other person is saying gave you a laugh just makes you sound like an ignorant dick, it doesn't make your argument any better? Also saying 'it is obvious' without giving any actual evidence isn't good practice for Maths, assuming that's what you're doing. Are you a current Mathmo or just a sixth former starting this year who's firmed Impeial?

Also starting salaries are always higher for London unis, starting salaries are higher in London generally and London unis are in London so more likely their graduates will get a job in London, unless you also want to argue KCL has a better reputation than Oxford?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending