The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alansmith
Well done I'm jealous!! Can i please ask what your grades were like and when you sent off the application? Thank you!

I sent my application off on the second of October I think, although it may have been the tenth? Got 9A*s, 1 A and 1 B in GCSE and As last year. Am predicted A* A* A. Best of luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by tomixox
Wow - very impressive profile! I'm applying for the economics with a year abroad at UCL and it is probably my no1 above Oxford! Did you mention the year abroad in your PS! Happy to hear you got an offer for a year abroad without having done FM back then! Did you mention a year abroad on your PS? 8/10 of my modules are A grade - the other 2 being Bs! Really hope this doesn't jeopardise my application too much....

Take Oxford if you receive an offer trust me, though arguably the year abroad course is better than most LSE Econ courses, I personally would take LSE over UCL though. You don't have to mention the year abroad don't worry :smile: I did mention finance work experience in Los Angeles in my statement last year though and UCLA there is a university link they have. Also don't worry you don't take FM, taking it does help if you do well in it but if your strong at maths and predicted A*'s in A-levels you'll be alright. What subject did you get the B's in? if not maths and econ thats alright. I actually know a student who got into the UCL year abroad course with me last year and she got AABC in AS got an offer but achieved A*A*A in the end (A* in M,FM).
Original post by Rafael_96
Take Oxford if you receive an offer trust me, though arguably the year abroad course is better than most LSE Econ courses, I personally would take LSE over UCL though. You don't have to mention the year abroad don't worry :smile: I did mention finance work experience in Los Angeles in my statement last year though and UCLA there is a university link they have. Also don't worry you don't take FM, taking it does help if you do well in it but if your strong at maths and predicted A*'s in A-levels you'll be alright. What subject did you get the B's in? if not maths and econ thats alright. I actually know a student who got into the UCL year abroad course with me last year and she got AABC in AS got an offer but achieved A*A*A in the end (A* in M,FM).

I think when it came down to it and I got oxford, I would take it! However after the attrocity that was the TSA, that is unlikely! I mentioned a summer school at the University of Boconni which is one of the schools UCL links with for the L101 course so hopefully that stands out! I got a B in biology coursework which isn't too bad and a B in the microeconomics paper which isn't so great. I plan to retake it as it came as a suprise, plus I got 100 in the macroeconomics paper so hopefully that shows that I am capable when it comes to economics! Really? That is very comforting (although she took FM haha)
Reply 783
Has anyone got an offer for biomedical sciences? :biggrin:
Original post by tomixox
I think when it came down to it and I got oxford, I would take it! However after the attrocity that was the TSA, that is unlikely! I mentioned a summer school at the University of Boconni which is one of the schools UCL links with for the L101 course so hopefully that stands out! I got a B in biology coursework which isn't too bad and a B in the microeconomics paper which isn't so great. I plan to retake it as it came as a suprise, plus I got 100 in the macroeconomics paper so hopefully that shows that I am capable when it comes to economics! Really? That is very comforting (although she took FM haha)

That'll definitely help you with the L101 course yea :smile: Best of luck! I got interviewed last year at Trinity college, Oxford and found the TSA brutal at the time, ended up scoring in the top quartile after only attempting 30/50 questions (must have close to or full marked all the questions aha), but shows you still have a chance after feeling like you messed up the admissions test! what was your AS ums like may I ask? and your A2 predictions?
Original post by Rafael_96
That'll definitely help you with the L101 course yea :smile: Best of luck! I got interviewed last year at Trinity college, Oxford and found the TSA brutal at the time, ended up scoring in the top quartile after only attempting 30/50 questions (must have close to or full marked all the questions aha), but shows you still have a chance after feeling like you messed up the admissions test! what was your AS ums like may I ask? and your A2 predictions?

Thank you very much! How come you're not reapplying to oxford this year if you don't mind me asking! Yeah of course: Maths (90%) Chemistry (85%) biology (91%) economics (87%)
They aren't exactly strong but at the same time obviously not tragic! My A2 predictions are 3A*'s in maths bio and economics! I got 11A*s and 4As at GCSE so I'm hoping that will be weighted in my favour if I'm doubted over UMS. Although, I have only sent LSE my UMS score!
Who's got an offer for Mathematics ? If so, when did you get it? :smile:
Hi, I`m applying for MSci in Physics, I got BBC in AS levels (retaking to hopefully get A`s), and 3 A* 3A 4B in GCSE, but im predicted AAA for A2, Whats the likely hood of getting an offer? Kind Regards
Original post by yahelhouston
Hi, I`m applying for MSci in Physics, I got BBC in AS levels (retaking to hopefully get A`s), and 3 A* 3A 4B in GCSE, but im predicted AAA for A2, Whats the likely hood of getting an offer? Kind Regards

Wow you got BBC and predicted AAA! thats a big jump, don't you think. hmm...even if they give you the benefit of the doubt (which is likely considering how many people are predicted much higher than their actual level) I would say you have an OK chance. Your gcses are not great, but not too bad.

If your PS was excellent, then that should help a lot in your case

Good luck :smile:

Edit: i've heard the Msci course is (usually) more competitive than the Bsc, but that shouldn't be too much of a worry
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tomixox
Thank you very much! How come you're not reapplying to oxford this year if you don't mind me asking! Yeah of course: Maths (90%) Chemistry (85%) biology (91%) economics (87%)
They aren't exactly strong but at the same time obviously not tragic! My A2 predictions are 3A*'s in maths bio and economics! I got 11A*s and 4As at GCSE so I'm hoping that will be weighted in my favour if I'm doubted over UMS. Although, I have only sent LSE my UMS score!

You have a very strong profile, I'm confident you'll do well and receive offers! would you take UCL year abroad over LSE econ? Last year I preferred UCL to LSE and so would have said that (I didn't apply to LSE last year) but my thoughts have changed considerably this year and if I get an offer from LSE I'm firming it.
Got an open day place for Econ L100

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone knows anything about what happens in the UCL open day for econ/general, quote or PM me plssssssss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had an offer for UCL history 2015 start??:smile:
Reply 794
Original post by Yugi Bean
Anyone had an offer for UCL history 2015 start??:smile:

Hey I applied a month ago now and haven't heard anything so far! what about you?
Original post by csaxton
Hey I applied a month ago now and haven't heard anything so far! what about you?

Yeah im the same, got sent a 500word question to do a couple of weeks ago, haven't heard since then!
Is anyone else concerned about how low the student satisfaction is for BA geography?
Has anyone applying for PPE heard anything back yet? They seem to be taking ages. :frown:
Reply 798
6 weeks later, and I'm still "Application Received" on Portico for Computer Science. Some people have already got offers for CompSci which is a little bit worrying.
I took a month to configure my Portico ID, do you think that that slowed down my application process? Are they directly related in any way? Help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending