The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by athena1
I'm not really sure. The TSA is meant to be an aptitude test and revising for it or doing multiple TSA tests doesn't really impact on your score, you might go up a mark or two at the most, so I wouldn't focus on that too much. I'm going to quite a bit of time making sure I'm 100% certain on everything I said in my PS and try and re-read all the books I mentioned again though. But then I'll probably get freaked out about the TSA and spend all my time doing TSA tests even though I know it won't change my score. :P

What are you wearing to it?

lol, I was gonna ask you the same thing! I think I'm gonna go smart casual tbh. I can't do that suit and trousers thing. Black jeans, a new fresh coat and probably a smart jumper/cardigan.

How about you?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by windrainandbooks
Hi everyone! I am a Canadian who has applied for the PhD in English Literature. I have applied to 7 programs, but UCL is one of my number one choices.

Congrats to those of you who have received offers from UCL, and best of luck to those in the application process.

Thanks, good luck to you as well!
Original post by windrainandbooks
Hi everyone! I am a Canadian who has applied for the PhD in English Literature. I have applied to 7 programs, but UCL is one of my number one choices.

Congrats to those of you who have received offers from UCL, and best of luck to those in the application process.

Thanks, UCL is just my backup uni. But still reassuring to get an offer from my least demanding uni xD
Original post by bobabob
I agree. How many have u answered so far?

i finished it on monday,it took me about 4 hours to complete:s-smilie:then i took it to my business teacher:smile:
Original post by ProjectNr2
THIS is one perfect example. Let´s say you applied on 15 OCT. Then it now has roughly been 1 months. They have til 31 of March to reply which is from 15 oct, 5,5 months
So you have waited 1 month of the 5,5 months and youre freaking out. --> common sense, this is retarded.
2nd question: when do they give out offers to international applicants?: NOONE for ****ing sake knows...
100% of your post is just bull**** no one can give a reply to
that is what this thread has come to.

okay wow calm down! just a question and if you don't know the answer, don't reply!
Reply 985
Original post by Dylann
Yeah we'll have to see. I really liked Warwick when I went in June...

It is a really nice uni! Have you received any extra info on the open day at all? do you know if parents are allowed to come at all? (Just think it would be nice to get my mum's view on the uni lol might help me in being more decisive with where I want to go)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Baalaje31
Haha I can second that one.
Applied to LSE and UCL at Oct 15, LSE rejection mail arrives in 3 weeks xD
On the other hand, UCL are still sending me Portico emails...

Sorry to hear about your LSE rejection. Did they say why?
I got a CDD(Maths, Chemistry, Physics) in my AS. Applying for computer science. I picked up maths in my A2 so i am doing as and a2 in one year for maths and redoing my AS for physics and chemistry. IGCSE 2A,5B,1C. Do you guys think i will even be considered? Do not have work experience yet since i switched from wanting to do medicine to doing Computer science.
Original post by IHTWFR
Congratulations! What for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spanish and Latin American Studies, ABB :smile: Have you received an offer yet?
Original post by nud
Congratulations! I got mine for linguistics too! (non International programme) for AAB, eek :biggrin:

happy days it is your first choice? :biggrin:
Original post by Tom102
How do you like the course so far. How is the mechanical engineering ( I know you're doing eee) department viewed relative to the rest of the engineering disciplines at ucl.

What's the workload like and do you know anyone doing engineering with business finance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

EEE is really fun. Mainly I wanted to do EEE all along, so I'm enjoying it. Mechanical I'm not so sure - don't have friends in there, although one of my really close friends dropped out last half term. He was a First Year, so he probably dropped out cos he wasn't enjoying it and wanted a break.

And nope, don't know anyone doing Eng with Business Finance
Original post by Ekemini
I got a CDD(Maths, Chemistry, Physics) in my AS. Applying for computer science. I picked up maths in my A2 so i am doing as and a2 in one year for maths and redoing my AS for physics and chemistry. IGCSE 2A,5B,1C. Do you guys think i will even be considered? Do not have work experience yet since i switched from wanting to do medicine to doing Computer science.

I think we all know (even you),the answer to this question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stickman
EEE is really fun. Mainly I wanted to do EEE all along, so I'm enjoying it. Mechanical I'm not so sure - don't have friends in there, although one of my really close friends dropped out last half term. He was a First Year, so he probably dropped out cos he wasn't enjoying it and wanted a break.

And nope, don't know anyone doing Eng with Business Finance

How's the engineering building and vibe during the week etc. Thanks for the previous answers btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GandalfWhite
Sorry to hear about your LSE rejection. Did they say why?

Their actual words why:
The feedback we have received from the Admissions Selector indicates that your application was unsuccessful because in their opinion your personal statement did not demonstrate as much interest in, or focus on, the BSc in Economics programme when compared to the personal statements received from successful applicants.
Their actual words why:
The feedback we have received from the Admissions Selector indicates that your application was unsuccessful because in their opinion your personal statement did not demonstrate as much interest in, or focus on, the BSc in Economics programme when compared to the personal statements received from successful applicants.

Aww ... sorry for you ... but there's life beyond LSE! Wishing you all the best.
Original post by GandalfWhite
Aww ... sorry for you ... but there's life beyond LSE! Wishing you all the best.

Thanks!
I'm more interested in UCL and Oxford TBH, coz I don't really see myself fitting into LSE too well.
A rejection from UCL would be hard :/
Original post by Logolept
lol, I was gonna ask you the same thing! I think I'm gonna go smart casual tbh. I can't do that suit and trousers thing. Black jeans, a new fresh coat and probably a smart jumper/cardigan.

How about you?

Yeah, probably smart shoes and a top. I might wear a blazer too so that can compensate for wearing jeans.
Reply 997
Thanks!
I'm more interested in UCL and Oxford TBH, coz I don't really see myself fitting into LSE too well.
A rejection from UCL would be hard :/

Sorry to hear about that! If you dont mind me asking, what are your stats and when did you send your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
Mechanical Engineering offer on 10th of November.
Original post by athena1
Yeah, probably smart shoes and a top. I might wear a blazer too so that can compensate for wearing jeans.

How much do you need for the TSA, on average? And how are you preparing for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending