The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL September 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessWM
Wow that's incredible! Surely you'll get an offer! Oh my gosh congratulations, that's brilliant! Best of luck!!! :smile:

Maybe, I haven't practiced analytical writing in a while now! :c but thank you so much, yours is soon to follow!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by kaylazb
Maybe, I haven't practiced analytical writing in a while now! :c but thank you so much, yours is soon to follow!

Oh you'll be fine, don't worry :smile: Ahh I'm really nervous now that I won't get an interview!!
Just got an offer for Linguistics!
Just got an offer for Italian and philsophy :smile:
Reply 1784
Original post by ash97
Do you understand the difference between the breadth and QM stream? I'm a bit confused haha

i think that if you choose econ you are going to have to have A* for math.
Reply 1785
I applied and I am so worried because Im from the United States and they don't really predict where Im from. We have AP classes so for us you can get 1-5 on the exam. a 5 means A and a 4 means B. so if you get 3 fives thats AAA.
the problem is (PLEASE HELP YOU GUYS) we dont do predictions here and the teachers are reluctant. UCL emailed my counselor (so im assuming my application is being processed) to let her know I need predictions.
AP exams are optional here most people dont take them so its very odd to ask your teacher for a prediction. three of my five teachers agreed and gave me a 5,5,4 which leaves me at AAB. but the math and science department wont comment which means I dont have predictions for two exams. do u think this will affect me.
Received the questionnaire yesterday for BASC arts&sciences! International student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saysay
I applied and I am so worried because Im from the United States and they don't really predict where Im from. We have AP classes so for us you can get 1-5 on the exam. a 5 means A and a 4 means B. so if you get 3 fives thats AAA.
the problem is (PLEASE HELP YOU GUYS) we dont do predictions here and the teachers are reluctant. UCL emailed my counselor (so im assuming my application is being processed) to let her know I need predictions.
AP exams are optional here most people dont take them so its very odd to ask your teacher for a prediction. three of my five teachers agreed and gave me a 5,5,4 which leaves me at AAB. but the math and science department wont comment which means I dont have predictions for two exams. do u think this will affect me.

Because you are an international student, there is still a good chance you will get a conditional. Although it does depend a lot on the course; for History, for example, they ask for a 55554 (even though the "general entry requirements" in the international qualifications page for U.S. students is 54444). Thus "AAA" doesn't necessarily mean "555."
Original post by ryanb97
Maybe maths here

same :s-smilie:
Original post by Korean95
I've applied to BA Politics and East European Studies- 3years, with 42/45 in IB.
Anyone applying to same course as me?

I just got an offer for this on the 8th, looking for info about the study abroad though and which universities we can go to. Did you get an offer from them?
anyone got an offer for biomedical sciences????? :smile: :confused:
Original post by JudgeJudy96
anyone got an offer for biomedical sciences????? :smile: :confused:

Nope, waiting for neuroscience... When did you apply? November 12th here and getting antsy...
Anyone heard from Geography? :tongue:
Original post by cora06140
Nope, waiting for neuroscience... When did you apply? November 12th here and getting antsy...

Hey I didn't apply for the sciences but I sent my application in September and heard 3 days ago from UCL which was my first offer. They'll take longer because they're a prestigious university but don't worry no news is good news :smile:
Original post by cora06140

I applied on the 10th October haha, but its as a back up for medicine so my application is probs being left till last anyways
Anyone with Law and a foreign language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for BSc Information Management for Business in December (international student). Haven't heard from them so far...
Original post by Callahan
I applied for BSc Information Management for Business in December (international student). Haven't heard from them so far...

i applied for management science in october and have not hear anything so far))
I have an interview on Wednesday for English, just 2 days after I was winter pooled by Cambridge but ultimately unsuccessful in my application. Im really struggling to prepare because the whole interview topic is still a little sore with the outcome from Cambridge, plus Ive heard a lot of people say their UCL interviews were worse than Oxford interviews.
I believe I'll be within the next round of ChemEng offers :smile:
Such a relief to know the wait will be over soon. I'm 99% sure that UCL will be my insurance (given I make a good Imperial College interview and get an offer from them, otherwise it'll be my firm). I'll be visiting the department during the first week of February, so if anyone wants me to ask anything, or see anything, specific, don't hesitate to tell me (I'm assuming I'll get an offer, because I meet their requirements! I really hope I get one).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending