The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What the hell is wrong with that? Every Christian wants muslims to embrace Christianity ad infinitum. People of religion X believe religion X is right, therefore they would want people from religion Y to convert/ revert to religion X.
Reply 2
The Green Manalishi
What the hell is wrong with that? Every Christian wants muslims to embrace Christianity ad infinitum. People of religion X believe religion X is right, therefore they would want people from religion Y to convert/ revert to religion X.

Yes, but surely you can see the difference between a few Christians wanting other non-Christians to convert to Christianity, and threatening statements made like this one by Al-Qaeda.
Reply 3
The Green Manalishi

Its hypocritical. You have top realise that your religion isn't necessarily right:wink: or perhaps none are right:wink:

Its all pointless misery, figthing between religions. We need to move out of the middle ages. the west is doing this to an extent thankfully.
Reply 4
The Green Manalishi

What's wrong with coercion and threats? I would say......everything.

There's a bit of a difference between Al-Queda demanding people convert and Jehovah's witnesses (annoying you) at your door. There are fundamentalists of all religions but none are quite as prevalent and vociferous as Islam.
The Green Manalishi

Yeah, it's exactly the same thing! :rolleyes:

Surely you can see the difference between a global terrorist organisation which has already killed thousands telling us to "convert or die" and the quietly held belief of a Christian that their faith is the correct faith?

Use your brain.
Reply 6
Lol! The tape starts with "An Invitation to Islam".... "Join Islam or die!"... quite an invitation...

"An invitation to my birthday" - "Come to my birthday or be beheaded"...

Lovely.

In short - what a bunch of *****. But then this is not a dwindling view of the world now is it?
The Green Manalishi

You absolute clown. How is threatening someone to convert to Islam the same!? Jehovah's witness come knocking on your door and try to persuade you to join them, but never have i heard of a group of them hammering on someones door putting a knife put it up against their throat and saying "Listen boi, you want to become a jovoh otherwise i'm going to cut you and your family". Your a religious crackpot sympathizer.
Reply 8
If you show people a small portion of the truth sometimes they miss the point completely and start worshipping you.

You were given distrust of your body and were mesmerised with inattention and now you are bored with civilisation.
Grey
If you show people a small portion of the truth sometimes they miss the point completely and start worshipping you.

You were given distrust of your body and were mesmerised with inattention and now you are bored with civilisation.

Most worthless post, ever.
Reply 10
The Green Manalishi

Whats wrong with issuing threats unless we all convert...you work it out, I don't think you need to be told.

Christians don't, as a rule, go around threatening people with physical harm unless they themselves become Christians.
Anyway, why the hell do they think that even if that improbability occured, we'd be united or peaceful? Look at Iraq--Sunis, Shias and all the rest--muslim on muslim civil war.
Reply 12
Grey

Yesss, now back to the matter at hand...
Reply 13
CuriousEnglishman
Anyway, why the hell do they think that even if that improbability occured, we'd be united or peaceful? Look at Iraq--Sunis, Shias and all the rest--muslim on muslim civil war.

Because they dont mean "convert to Islam, Here choose a sect from this list"... they mean "Think like us or we are coming to kill you"...
Reply 14
Most worthless post, ever.

How so?
Reply 15
The Green Manalishi

They don't threaten to kill people if they don't convert. No wait shi- They don't threaten to kill people if they don't convert any longer. I take it, if the IRA had told NI protestants to convert to Catholicism or suffer the consequences, you would have been okay with that?
The IRA were worse. They didn't even bother trying to convert, thereby laying aside any vestige of integrity that might have overlaid their thuggery. At least Islamic militants are (theoretically) trying to increase their religion's numbers.

At the end of the day, all proselytising religions want, as their ultimate aim, to convert the entire human race to their creed. Why Islam should be singled out for branding as "arrogant" is beyond me, and as for the accusation of being "self-centred" - it's ludicrous. Not because it's untrue, but because it's not the terrible crime that the person who posted it thinks it is. ALL religions are self-centred. That's the POINT.
Agent Smith

At the end of the day, all proselytising religions want, as their ultimate aim, to convert the entire human race to their creed. Why Islam should be singled out for branding as "arrogant" is beyond me, and as for the accusation of being "self-centred" - it's ludicrous. Not because it's untrue, but because it's not the terrible crime that the person who posted it thinks it is. ALL religions are self-centred. That's the POINT.

I agree... to an extent. But there are no religions other than Islam for which there is an inbuilt death penalty for apostates and I think that in itself is telling. In fact I think that the vast majority of Christians, Jews, Sikhs, Hindus etc would be against compulsion in religion; yes they will try to raise their children in the faith and might try to convert others, they might even go so far as to proclaim that those who don't convert to Christianity will burn in the fires of hell. But, and this is the important bit, I would be hugely surprised to hear a person of any religion other than Islam threatening physical violence in this life should their target audience not convert.

What is the reason for this difference? I believe it stems from the combined political and religious motives of Islamic extremists. To say that their actions aren't religiously motivated is blind and to say they are not Muslims is ignorant. But this isn't all there is to it. Political motivations play a part too. We will die on earth because of the political side and burn in hell because of the religious side (and the religious side of things is what justifies our death on earth - we are nothing but infidels). It's a clever little system. :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Cake or Death!

It's Al-Queada, what do you expect? I don't see why this would be surprising.
Reply 19
-1984-
Yes, but surely you can see the difference between a few Christians wanting other non-Christians to convert to Christianity, and threatening statements made like this one by Al-Qaeda.

They just want to save your soul. I imagine they feel that they're doing you a favour.

Islam is a less matured religion than Christianity. It's not surprising they still embrace their religion as correct with a level of vigour that most Christians have abandoned.

Latest

Trending

Trending