The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I'm a Muslim and I don't agree with the statement, "Abandon Christianity, convert to Islam, or suffer the consequences" at all. You should convert at your own free will. No one should force you.

To all the people who are insulting each other's religions, please stop. You aren't doing much on your part to show that your religion is better by insulting someone else's. Obviously, I, on my part, am not trying to offend anyone.
ForeverIsMyName

Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map, and Saudi Arabia has a terrible human rights record.

Again i note with some amusement how, with one sentence, you believe yourself to have fully justified the frankly asinine conclusion that the 'majority' of these people are somehow terrorists.

You will forgive me i'm sure if i don't adopt a similarly myopic approach to such complex issues. I am pleased to hear however, that you have been overcome by a change of heart as you now talk of a 'very large minority' in lieu of your erstwhile 'majority'; now i am not certain if this owes to any, no-doubt very painful, cerebral activity on your part and if this is your way of admitting your over-zealous use of language in the first place. If it is i must congratulate you for proving to us you are indeed not a total 'nutcase', as you english say.

I must apologise if my tone seems unwarranted and harsh, i have no wish to make you feel any more 'embarrassed' than you must feel already. You are not a Daily Mail reader which only serves to confirm my conviction that these prejudices, lacking any hint of fact, source and reasoned argument, are the self-fabricated products of a unfortunate upbringing, in the company of what must be the most profoundly ignorant social milieu.
prince of persia
Again i note with some amusement how, with one sentence, you believe yourself to have fully justified the frankly asinine conclusion that the 'majority' of these people are somehow terrorists.

I never made that statement, or any statement like it. I suggest you withdraw your accusation.

prince of persia
You will forgive me i'm sure if i don't adopt a similarly myopic approach to such complex issues. I am pleased to hear however, that you have been overcome by a change of heart as you now talk of a 'very large minority' in lieu of your erstwhile 'majority'; now i am not certain if this owes to any, no-doubt very painful, cerebral activity on your part and if this is your way of admitting your over-zealous use of language in the first place. If it is i must congratulate you for proving to us you are indeed not a total 'nutcase', as you english say.

Please explain where I said the majority of Muslims are terrorists?

prince of persia
I must apologise if my tone seems unwarranted and harsh, i have no wish to make you feel any more 'embarrassed' than you must feel already. You are not a Daily Mail reader which only serves to confirm my conviction that these prejudices, lacking any hint of fact, source and reasoned argument, are the self-fabricated products of a unfortunate upbringing, in the company of what must be the most profoundly ignorant social milieu.

Ad hom...
Reply 83
Catlover
You should convert at your own free will. No one should force you.

I dont see what is the problem with the statement since atleast 1 and a half billion Muslims would or should agree.
Reply 84

I dont see what is the problem with the statement since atleast 1 and a half billion Muslims would or should agree.

..And before I get loads of nonsense and JonH replies - In the conditions you are a Muslim and believe your religion is right there is nothing wrong with the statement at all.

Also I dont see why a couple of idiots who I dont need to name and shame are making a bigdeal out of this.
It's not like anyone would really ever convert if they were threatened. If some muslim came up to me in the street and said "You better convert to islam or things are gonna get a bit tasty" i would laugh in their face.
Reply 86
^ They would beat you up until you are knocked down and are unable to get up and they would continue to kick you and F%$#!!@U- until the Police arrive at scene. Their excuse you laughed in their faces. Priceless.
^ They would beat you up until you are knocked down and are unable to get up and they would continue to kick you and F%$#!!@U- until the Police arrive at scene. Their excuse you laughed in their faces. Priceless.

Typical muslim wannabe hardman.
Reply 88
even islam says that there is no compulsion in religion, so to say that is completely un-islamic.
Reply 89
Well, ANYWAY....each religion to their own....

"You have your religion, and I have mine"....

Let the people who think ISLAM isnt peaceful think what they want! :smile:

Its just an excuse to downgrade them.

And my first post, foreverismyname, is going to effect my furter posts. It seems that you, my friend, are acting irrationally and you are being predjudiced. I will not discuss any further issues with you then, I will ignore your posts. :smile:

It will be better for both of us I think....:smile:

*END*
ZERO-DESI
And my first post, foreverismyname, is going to effect my furter posts. It seems that you, my friend, are acting irrationally and you are being predjudiced. I will not discuss any further issues with you then, I will ignore your posts. :smile:

How else do you judge someone on a forum, except for their posts?
Reply 91
Youre not judging me from what I have said in my posts, youre judging the religion of Islam and youre judging me becaus eof MY RELIGION.....so you are predjudiced.
ZERO-DESI
Youre not judging me from what I have said in my posts, youre judging the religion of Islam and youre judging me becaus eof MY RELIGION.....so you are predjudiced.

You asked me whether your first post was going to affect my judgment of you, and I said yes.

As for the Muslim thing, I don't trust Muslim opinion on The Middle East conflict. They're too biased and ignore evidence, consistently.

Besides which, wouldn't you judge a racist? if so, wouldn't that make you prejudiced?
Mudiaga
Are you for real? Oh my God, you must be very subjective to think as such, there is a saying in Germany that not all moslems are terrorists but all terrorists are moslems. you moslems want nothing to do with peace, in essence it is boring for you, you are the loudest and most aggressive but weak lots I know. Face it, we could wipe you out in no time but we have enough conscience not to. I am seek and tired of all this sympahty with Islam, let´s call a spade a spade, that religion is up to no good. Your verses do say you should lie, apply swords and so on, why on earth should anybody even listen to this? I think christians need to wake up and realize we are at war and the enemy is Islam and let´s get it on, straight on, back to the middle ages again, why should we stand aside and look while they burn our cities, destroy our commercial cneters and all, time to take out a few cities and families there too, that way they get a taste of their own medicine , man **** that crappy talk, " whatever goes by islam is an enemy, war is war, no sentimentality.

That explains the influx of wonderful reverts to the path of Haqq, the path of the Truth. Further, our verses affirm the previous revelations of Allah (Azzawajall) i.e. the Taurat and the Injeel (Gospel)

Also, where does it say to lie? :hmmmm:
Reply 94
Mudiaga
there is a saying in Germany that not all moslems are terrorists but all terrorists are moslems.

Which of course so absurdly false it borders on amusing.
Reply 95
ForeverIsMyName
You asked me whether your first post was going to affect my judgment of you, and I said yes.

As for the Muslim thing, I don't trust Muslim opinion on The Middle East conflict. They're too biased and ignore evidence, consistently.

Besides which, wouldn't you judge a racist? if so, wouldn't that make you prejudiced?

Wateva floats yer boat. :smile:
Reply 96
englishstudent
I agree... to an extent. But there are no religions other than Islam for which there is an inbuilt death penalty for apostates and I think that in itself is telling.

Actually it's in the Hadith not the Quran. The Quran is apparrently written by God and the Hadith is made by different people associated with the Prophet. But I think it's stupid for muslims to follow the Hadith as their Mohammed isn't their God, just a messanger and if he had a message then write it in the Quran not in a seperate book.

Sorry for it to be off topic :redface:

Anyway the Muslims who have used threats to convert people are pathetic. How can anyone practise Islam if they have been forced into it. Just like any other person who has been forced into any other religion. You just can't do that. It's stupid and irrational.
Humra
Actually it's in the Hadith not the Quran. The Quran is apparrently written by God and the Hadith is made by different people associated with the Prophet. But I think it's stupid for muslims to follow the Hadith as their Mohammed isn't their God, just a messanger and if he had a message then write it in the Quran not in a seperate book.
:rolleyes:

We use the Hadith as a guideline as Muhammad (PBUH) was indeed the example of how a Muslim should act and live in this world.

Nice name btw.
Reply 98
justfarhan
:rolleyes:

We use the Hadith as a guideline as Muhammad (PBUH) was indeed the example of how a Muslim should act and live in this world.

Nice name btw.

But shouldn't that be put in the Quran? OK I understand what you mean as the Hadith as a Guideline on how muslims should live. However the problem I have is that many Hadiths contradict each other, so in turn a Muslim has to choose who they follow. Or am I mistaken?
Reply 99
Thats why there is a science of hadith; in order to find out which is right and which isn't.

Latest

Trending

Trending