The Student Room Group

Accepting MSc course?

Hi guys

Im wondering what happens if accept a offer to study a Masters course at one University but then change my mind on going there, before the induction in Late september. Will i encounter any problems, such as will their be any financial liability i might incur?

I ask because i currently have an offer for an MSc at Warwick Uni, which i need to decide on accepting by end of august. But i am waiting still waiting to here back on a decision for a similar course Nottingham University, which is my preferred choice.

Any help on the matter would be great. Thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
It's common to accept a Masters offer and then have to decline it at the last minute. It mainly happens due to lack of funding and unis are sadly used to seeing this. As long as you don't get as far as enrolling, you will not enter into any financial commitment.

If you've paid an application fee this would be forfeit, although few unis charge these.
At some unis you have to pay a fee upon accepting the offer (within 30 days) and it is usually non-refundable.
Reply 3
You should always be able to withdraw your application. As Studentdk mentioned some make you pay a non-refundable deposit when you accept an offer, as you didn't mentioned this, it's unlikely to apply to you - as they'd have made this very clear to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending