The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Plus give the guy a chance. It was his first lesson with you and you might be the only persons name he actually knows so far...
Reply 21
If it really bugs you then just give him a firm reply and he'll get the message.
Reply 22
i can understand your point, if you're really bothered then just go and have a chat with him at the end of the lesson. I doubt he will bite your head off, good luck with a2
I really enjoy the first couple of lessons of any subject, because you tend to end up in this invisible battle with not only your other fellow students for intellectual superiorty but also in one against your teacher. Who will be trying to gather together who his most intelligent candidates are. Your teacher is probably just encouring you to reveal a little more of your knowledge so that he can get a more accurate idea of what level of detail he can go into at this early stage of the course. If it is actually bothering you, then as recommended above just discuss with the teacher privately that you have a problem with this. Oh, you could just reply to one of his questions with an A grade answer and leave him (and your classmates) stunned :p:
Reply 24
It might also have been your facial expression. If you were looking blank or thinking "this teacher is annoying" he might have interpreted it as confusion.
Reply 25
I had another lesson today... it's getting better I think. Probably because he set a difficult homework and I got just as far on it as everyone else. I know how easy it is to judge people before you really know them though - I hate it but I can't help doing it myself sometimes - I don't treat people differently but sometimes I think 'oh I thought that person would be...'. LOL I guess it's just human nature.
Reply 26
you will be fine, just concentrate on your work gd luck
Reply 27
My AS teacher for English thought I was stupid. Then I wrote her an excellent essay that showed me truly as the intellectual heavyweight that I am:wink: she never treated me the same again and started asking rather more difficult questions to do with the literature being studied to my dislike.
I'd work as hard as I could and prove him wrong!

Teaches them to try and teach us!

Latest

Trending

Trending