The Student Room Group

open university q52 environmental science

Ok so where to start...
I am currently lining up a registration to start this course in the new year. I am 26yo. Since leaving school I have worked predominantly in the engineering/manufacturing environment.
Ive been looking into this course as it is a field I am interested in. I enjoy watching documentaries on these subjects and it is an area I am interested in so the engagement that is needed for distance learning should not be a problem. However my issue lies with the knowledge needed to undertake this course.

From what I have gathered it is a very intense course. Although there are no minimum standards to undertake the course I think there is the need for prerequisite knowledge in a few areas.
So really I would like to ask someone who has taken the course...
1. What sort of standard should my mathematics and chemistry be at before studying?
2. Does the course material as it progresses educate you and teach you these principles?
3. Are there any short courses I could squeeze in to address these issues im having before the start date?

I think that my main issue is that I havent formally studied for around 10 years.
I would prefer not to do an access module as it will delay any degree by another year when 6 already feels long enough.
I took a test titled am I ready to study s104. A few questions I couldnt answer because I did it on my phone in work but a couple of then were quite difficult. I found that balancing the chemical equations was difficult but this could be due to the fact I havent done this 10+years.

I was so excited about staring this course but I think I have knocked my confidence before ive begun. If anybody has any advice they could fire my way I would realy realy appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read my post :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending