The Student Room Group

Sixth form - Dislike wearing suits

Okay, so basically my sixth form wants me to wear a suit for sixth form, although this may sound weird. I dislike wearing suits. I think I look horrible in them and I'm worried about what other people might say..

The other thing is that I don't wanna change sixth form because I've already enrolled and chosen my subjects.

How should my suit look good? Any advise?

I know this sound stupid.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go to Next. Buy a dark grey suit. You'll need about 4 shirts too. The cut at Next on their slim fit suits is nice and modern.
Get over it :tongue: If you really liked the 6th form, then it wouldn't make that much of a differencee. And trust me, they look fine...had to wear a suit since year 11, and you quickly get used to it
Reply 3
Loool I love wearing suits, Didnt have the hassel of finding something new to wear every single day like girls
Dont worry its not that deep, you will get used to it
Reply 4
Original post by 29Bilal96
Get over it :tongue: If you really liked the 6th form, then it wouldn't make that much of a differencee. And trust me, they look fine...had to wear a suit since year 11, and you quickly get used to it

To be honest I don't mind wearing navy or grey but I dislike wearing black and black is part of the dress code...
what on earth... why the hell do you need to wear a suit?
Reply 6
Original post by nmanvi
Loool I love wearing suits, Didnt have the hassel of finding something new to wear every single day like girls
Dont worry its not that deep, you will get used to it

I'm kinda worried about what people might be saying....
Reply 7
Original post by Fairytail
what on earth... why the hell do you need to wear a suit?

The sixth form has a dress code. Black suits is part of the dress code.
Reply 8
Original post by Gibber96
Go to Next. Buy a dark grey suit. You'll need about 4 shirts too. The cut at Next on their slim fit suits is nice and modern.

Might try, if I find black though. Thanks for the help btw :smile:
Original post by zhang-liao
The sixth form has a dress code. Black suits is part of the dress code.

lol. i guess i wouldn't know because i'm a commoner.
To be honest I don't mind wearing navy or grey but I dislike wearing black and black is part of the dress code...

Does it have to be black? Our school says dark suits, so...
Original post by 29Bilal96
Does it have to be black? Our school says dark suits, so...

Yep, said black specifically
Reply 12
I'm kinda worried about what people might be saying....

Well you won't stand out if everyone's wearing them.

If you're really worried, then check out some of the links on reddit's male fashion advice. You'll see plenty of posts on there advising you on how a suit should look when it fits properly.
Original post by xDave-
Well you won't stand out if everyone's wearing them.

If you're really worried, then check out some of the links on reddit's male fashion advice. You'll see plenty of posts on there advising you on how a suit should look when it fits properly.

Thanks, just repped you :smile:
Yep, said black specifically

People generally look at their best wearing suits, it's a style that'll never go out of fashion. Black suits can look a bit funeral-ish though if not done right, it's gotta be a stylish, modern looking suit and never wear a black tie with it!

Decent fitting black suit, white shirt and either a red or blue striped tie is the way to go in my opinion. It's harder to do different colour shirts with a black suit than it is with a grey one.
Marks and Spencer do good value suits. Whatever you do make sure they're washable otherwise you'll spend a fortune getting them dry cleaned. :l
At least yours doesn't have a strict black or grey colour scheme i mean seriously the thought process of these school boards are medieval and just a pain...

Posted from TSR Mobile
M&S 100% wool suits, then go to a tailor.
When I was at 6th Form we just wore our clothes. Well we weren't allowed to wear shorts and the girls weren't allowed to wear skirts but it was easy going enough.
Suits at school are completely mad idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending