The Student Room Group

I wear the Jilbaab and still get ogled at..

Anon please
So I get ogled at by many muslim men, they flirtatiously look at me like I`m some piece of meat :mad: Some of them have even stalked me, this one guy tried to squeeze my knee while I was sitting on the bus :confused: I feel like what I`m wearing is not enough, so I try to stay at home as much as possible.. Like.. what is there to see, I`m not showing any flesh or anything and I just look very average..
One glance is fine...
but ogling, tongue hanging out, falling out of the car to get a better look is just ridiculous!!!
For those of you that don`t know a "jilbaab" is an overhead abaya, which basically covers everything from head to toe. It`s a one piece garment...

Just a rant, not exactly asking any questions :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What the hell is a jilbab

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Anon please
So I get ogled at by many muslim men, they flirtatiously look at me like I`m some piece of meat :mad: Some of them have even stalked me, this one guy tried to squeeze my knee while I was sitting on the bus :confused: I feel like what I`m wearing is not enough, so I try to stay at home as much as possible.. Like.. what is there to see, I`m not showing any flesh or anything and I just look very average..
One glance is fine...
but ogling, tongue hanging out, falling out of the car to get a better look is just ridiculous!!!
For those of you that don`t know a "jilbaab" is an overhead abaya, which basically covers everything from head to toe. It`s a one piece garment...

Just a rant, not exactly asking any questions :s-smilie:

We want to see what is beneath the mask curiosity :biggrin:
If you care for your faith then do it only for yourself. The pervs are going to be pervs regardless of what you do.
Some people may think that you're too stupid, so are you going to wear glasses to overcome this problem? So every time someone does stuff you don't like, you are going to try to avoid it by changing yourself? Covering yourself up and not getting out of the house for other people is just so...
I would seriously just ignore them Op.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignore them OP. You'll come across people like that. Don't stop what you are doing just cause of a few perverted men. :biggrin:
There is only one solution and that is to wear sunglasses as well
Maybe it's a case of you get attracted to what you're used to? Maybe try wearing modest western clothing for a while instead and see if that makes a difference
na na na na na na na na BATMAN
Not sure if this is serious...
Its human nature to lust over other people.
In fact its animal nature to lust over others.
I bet you anon is actually a guy.. :troll2:
Lmaooo clear exaggeration.
Do you live in Southall?
This sounds extremely Troll like ... Are you sure it's look of affection or that there just interested to see an uncommon figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I wear the ogle and still get jilbaabed at
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophiaLDN
I bet you anon is actually a guy.. :troll2:

I`m not lying, honestly sis
Original post by Another
Do you live in Southall?

quite near that area
Original post by Biryani007
Lmaooo clear exaggeration.