The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by solarplexus
Which is easier to get into...plymouth or exeter? (Assuming im competitive on paper)..

I'd say it depends entirely on your application tbh. For example, Exeter only consider your overall UKCAT score, whereas Plymouth consider the subtests as well as the overall score. They also place different weightings on GCSEs, AS results and A2 predictions, so it's quite hard to tell, sorry :colondollar:
Got 10a*1a gcse, 5a at as and 3a* achieved, with ukcat av of 745 band 1: Vr 630, qr 860, ar 740 and da 750...

would i be guranteed interview here or exeter? Thus which one should i apply to if i was using this as a 'safe' 4th choice?
I had GCSE's: 4A*, 7A's, 1B and a distinction. AS: A(biol), BB(drama and maths), C(chem), C(welsh sat year early).UKCAT: Total 2680 (mean 670)VR-590QR-650AR-810DA-630And am carrying on biology maths and chemn predicted A*AAb, with a reasonably strong p.s. Would it be best for me to apply here or exeter? My DA is way below klast years threshold but the preliminary scores are down.
Reply 83
I really want to apply here but I'm worried as the course isnt yet GMC approved. Does anyone know how likely it is to be GMC approved?
Reply 84
Got 10a*1a gcse, 5a at as and 3a* achieved, with ukcat av of 745 band 1: Vr 630, qr 860, ar 740 and da 750...

would i be guranteed interview here or exeter? Thus which one should i apply to if i was using this as a 'safe' 4th choice?

With those stats, I'd say you would be very safe applying to either of them! So I'd go for the one that you prefer :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by kjfr
I really want to apply here but I'm worried as the course isnt yet GMC approved. Does anyone know how likely it is to be GMC approved?

I REALLY wouldn't worry about that! Plymouth was part of Peninsula before it split into Exeter and Plymouth, and they both use teaching methods relatively similar to Peninsula's, so they should be approved at the end of their first cohort. And even if it isn't, they will definitely have put the measures in place to get approved before you graduate :smile:
Original post by cwi111
I REALLY wouldn't worry about that! Plymouth was part of Peninsula before it split into Exeter and Plymouth, and they both use teaching methods relatively similar to Peninsula's, so they should be approved at the end of their first cohort. And even if it isn't, they will definitely have put the measures in place to get approved before you graduate :smile:

I heard different rumours
Reply 87
Original post by games211
I heard different rumours

Such as?
Original post by joolsm
Such as?

It was badly organised etc. Go with your gut instict!
Reply 89
Original post by games211
It was badly organised etc. Go with your gut instict!

Peninsula split just before the 2013 entry, so they will be approved when that cohort graduates. And if they miss it that year, they've got another year to sort themselves out before the 2014 cohort graduates, and another year before us lot (hopefully!) graduate. And they'd insure they are approved first time around, or else it'll give them a bad reputation and lose applicants, so there's really no need to worry :smile:
What do people think, is my application too big of a risk, it's here or Liverpool

VR-530
QR-700
AR-670
DA-700
Original post by science-oliver
What do people think, is my application too big of a risk, it's here or Liverpool

VR-530
QR-700
AR-670
DA-700

VR is risky I think the rest are fine, the only problem is in order to be interviewed you must exceed all they cutoffs.

I personally would take the risk.

What are your other stats?
Reply 92
GCSE: 4A* 5A 2B
AS: AAAA (Maths Chemistry Biology Economics)
Prediction:A* A* A (Maths Biology Chemistry)
UKCAT:
VR: 650
QR: 740
AR:710
DA:610
SJT:
Band 1

677.5 Average

Would this be too risky?

VR is risky I think the rest are fine, the only problem is in order to be interviewed you must exceed all they cutoffs.

I personally would take the risk.

What are your other stats?

I know, I'm very worried that VR will be the ken which prevents me securing an interview

7A* (inc eng lang, maths and science) and 2A at GCSE

A*AAa achieved at a-level

Applying to cardiff, sheffield, QUB, is there anywhere else I could apply to my strengths (not birm as I had interview last year there)

Thank you
I know, I'm very worried that VR will be the ken which prevents me securing an interview

7A* (inc eng lang, maths and science) and 2A at GCSE

A*AAa achieved at a-level

Applying to cardiff, sheffield, QUB, is there anywhere else I could apply to my strengths (not birm as I had interview last year there)

Thank you

with 7A* and 2As I would actually apply Liverpool, I think as long as your ps is good, you have a better chance.
with 7A* and 2As I would actually apply Liverpool, I think as long as your ps is good, you have a better chance.

Thank you! I think your right, I think my VR is too much of a risk
Thank you! I think your right, I think my VR is too much of a risk

Yeah :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by teead
GCSE: 4A* 5A 2B
AS: AAAA (Maths Chemistry Biology Economics)
Prediction:A* A* A (Maths Biology Chemistry)
UKCAT:
VR: 650
QR: 740
AR:710
DA:610
SJT:
Band 1

677.5 Average

Would this be too risky?

only issue would be that your DA is below the national average (wait until the final ukcat stats get released as the average could rise)

You'd be very safe at St Georges though, and UEA would be a choice too with your AS grades
Reply 98
Hey!
Do they look at your ps during the selection process?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by CubicleG
only issue would be that your DA is below the national average (wait until the final ukcat stats get released as the average could rise)

You'd be very safe at St Georges though, and UEA would be a choice too with your AS grades

I would've thought the uni's cutoff would be lower than the national average which is currently 624 for DA

Latest

Trending

Trending