The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Ask a Sheffield Hallam student anything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hiya,

What date does freshers start this year? And what night is student night? How do I find out what date my course starts? When do I get my timetable?

Sorry for so many questions... I'm so clueless... Help!

Thanks
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Sideways2014
What's usually the process for moving in and how quick is it?

Wondering whether I should leave my stuff in the car or not before I get my key and hand in the forms. Also even with the booking slots, how busy can it be expected to be? If it helps I'm going on the Sunday rather than the Saturday.

I'm sorry I really can't say. When I have moved my girlfriend in it has always been a fast and smooth process... though if there are any prerequisites to moving in I would make sure they are organised before the day. Won't hurt to give them an e-mail :smile:
Original post by lani94
Hiya,

What date does freshers start this year? And what night is student night? How do I find out what date my course starts? When do I get my timetable?

Thanks

Freshers is like the first few weeks of starting university (?) when there isn't much work. Student night was Thursdays. You should receive an e-mail reg course start date... you get your timetable pretty soon after you have an induction. Was a long time ago - but you get your timetable fairly promptly.
Reply 23
Okay, cheers for the reply Dave!
Original post by hellodave5
I'm sorry I really can't say. When I have moved my girlfriend in it has always been a fast and smooth process... though if there are any prerequisites to moving in I would make sure they are organised before the day. Won't hurt to give them an e-mail :smile:

Alright thank you
Original post by lani94
Hiya,

Thanks

Hallam's official student night is Hallamnation at Crystal on wednesdays although there are student orientated nights at various clubs throughout the week (Eg. Carver Street, (SIN) Student Saturdays)
Hey,

I'll be starting Marketing course and I'm looking for a part-time job as money will be TIGHT. Just wondered what days first years normally attend? (If there is a general set of days)

Cheers!
Hi :smile:

When are you supposed to do your online pre-enrolment? Because I haven't had an email or any instructions about it yet and my start date is in 11 days...
I did mine last weekend. I had an email from Hallam with a link to the enrollment page. Check your junk mail in case it went there.
Original post by Stewart125
Hey,

I'll be starting Marketing course and I'm looking for a part-time job as money will be TIGHT. Just wondered what days first years normally attend? (If there is a general set of days)

Cheers!

Under-grad courses are a B to work alongside; just because the hours are literally everywhere... its terrible. I had to turn down a job because of the uni hours at the start.
Once you get your timetables and you're into motion, it all becomes easier to organise around though.
Original post by Magdatrix >_<
Hi :smile:

When are you supposed to do your online pre-enrolment? Because I haven't had an email or any instructions about it yet and my start date is in 11 days...

They are pretty terrible sometimes. I think you do your ONLINE pre-enrolment straight away ASAP. Give them a call - wouldn't hurt. I'm sure they will let you know really soon (unless they forgot lol). I start back on the 18th for my MSc and I haven't really received any information.
Ah terrific! Thanks for the info. I don't know about anyone else but I read your reply as if Walter White was talking to me. Haha

CHEERS

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi my name is mohd hafizuddin hw can i pre enrollment to sheffeild my enrolment day at 17 sep
Reply 33
Quick question -

Are you allowed overnight guests in halls? I'm staying in Central Quay.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 34
Do you need your A-level qualification certificates for the induction stuff?
Original post by mohd hafizuddin
hi my name is mohd hafizuddin hw can i pre enrollment to sheffeild my enrolment day at 17 sep

Sorry got back to you too late. You do it online - should have been given instructions :smile:
Original post by .Will
Quick question -

Are you allowed overnight guests in halls? I'm staying in Central Quay.

Thanks. :smile:

Oh yes!
Stayed a few there.
Original post by sam1837
Do you need your A-level qualification certificates for the induction stuff?

I would certainly take it all along just in case! I am tomorrow.
How do people feel about Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrats?
Original post by clh_hilary
How do people feel about Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrats?

Not sure. Not had a good political talk in a very long while. I have no idea :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending