The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2015/16 Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by somethingabby
Just to confirm, no one has heard anything from colleges, right? Even people with confirmed, funded offers since feb?

I received an offer from my college yesterday... a couple weeks after my department offer.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Greetings

Am I correct to assume that the English Faculty have not yet released their decisions regarding DPhil applications?

JDPreston
Original post by JDPreston
Greetings

Am I correct to assume that the English Faculty have not yet released their decisions regarding DPhil applications?

JDPreston

I emailed regarding my M.St application and was told the department will be sending out decisions hopefully by the end of this week. I'd assume that also refers to D.Phil apps! Good luck.
Reply 1983
Anyone know when Politics DPhil decisions are coming out?
Original post by aradia.nox
I emailed regarding my M.St application and was told the department will be sending out decisions hopefully by the end of this week. I'd assume that also refers to D.Phil apps! Good luck.

Thanks for the update. Good luck with your application too.

A related question: given that the English Faculty seems to be one of the last to send out offers, does this mean that English applicants are less likely to be placed at their chosen college? I know officially that college placements are sent out in April, but quite a few offer-holders from other Faculties seem to have already been contacted by colleges.

JDPreston
apologies for asking again,
but anyone hear back from the mphil economics?
i feel nothing has happened in the last 3 days (no results on gc)
Reply 1986
Original post by JDPreston
Greetings

JDPreston

Someone was accepted yesterday.
http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=oxford&t=a&o=&pp=250
Hello Josb

Yes the Gradcafe postings are very mysterious. There is also a 'Rejected' posting from an MSt applicant, and yet aradia.nox (see earlier message) was told by the Faculty that they would be "sending out decisions by the end of the week". I guess I'll just have to keep checking my emails (obsessively every 5 minutes).

JDPreston
(edited 9 years ago)
The English department began sending out decisions last Thursday or so, and will do so till the end of this week - I think that's what they're implying.
Hello vaudevilles

Yes that makes sense. Would I be correct to assume that they intersperse their Offer and Rejection notifications rather than send out all of the (e.g.) Offers first?

JDPreston
I spoke to the English department earlier. They apologised for the hold up and said all DPhil and MSt decisions would be conveyed in the next day or so and not to think of any delay as an indication either way as they're done individually.

Not confident of being accepted I just want to know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cifrinable
I spoke to the English department earlier. They apologised for the hold up and said all DPhil and MSt decisions would be conveyed in the next day or so and not to think of any delay as an indication either way as they're done individually.

Not confident though I just want to know.

Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks! I've been offered all my other applications now and I'm confident with Durham. Just worried because I'm at essentially a poly and worried Oxford would be a bit unimpressed with that.

No way I'm getting funding. Saving like mad.
Thanks! I've been offered all my other applications now and I'm confident with Durham. Just worried because I'm at essentially a poly and worried Oxford would be a bit unimpressed with that.

Can I ask where else you've applied? And for what era strand? Congrats on your successes though! And I think at postgrad level it's more about how well you did + your proposal/interests than where you went. I hope!
Reply 1994

I've been accepted and I come from universities that are less famous than your ex-polys. The proposal is much more important than your uni.

I've made a thread about Durham here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=54199247
Original post by aradia.nox
Can I ask where else you've applied? And for what era strand? Congrats on your successes though! And I think at postgrad level it's more about how well you did + your proposal/interests than where you went. I hope!

Durham Edinburgh Glasgow Sussex Birmingham ranging from 2.1 to unconditional. I'm applying for 1900-present.

Such a shame I can't up the Faculty and move them to a less competitive uni. Then again they're there because it is Oxford...
Original post by Josb
I've been accepted and I come from universities that are less famous than your ex-polys. The proposal is much more important than your uni.

I've made a thread about Durham here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=54199247

Hmm... I've heard different views but that's interesting. Well done for acceptance anyway!

Ah I'll have a look in a bit.
Reply 1997
Judging by Grad Cafe results, this week has been silent for MPhil Economics applicants. Should I be worried?
Original post by mj2127
Anyone know when Politics DPhil decisions are coming out?

I wish - they seem to be daring me to hope. Can I ask what your background and grades are?
On the official website, it states that 'College placement usually takes eight to ten weeks after the departmental offer is made'. As a lot of offers are made at the end of March, are we really to expecting college placement news in May?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending