The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2015/16 Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joy777
I'll be studying on the Msc in Global Governance and Diplomacy program. What about you? Norham gardens does seem like a nice place to live at, its just that its going to be a good 15 minute walk from college and my department. I'm not much of a walker:K:

I'm studying Comparative Social Policy. Considered doing your course but I decided not to go forward with it.
Lol I don't know what I'm gonna do
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 3241
Original post by luca35836
I'm studying Comparative Social Policy. Considered doing your course but I decided not to go forward with it.
Lol I don't know what I'm gonna do

I got an offer from your course as well. Still deliberating though finding myself more inclined toward GGD. I guess we don't have much of an option now.
Original post by joy777
I got an offer from your course as well. Still deliberating though finding myself more inclined toward GGD. I guess we don't have much of an option now.

Woah :0 You should take up CSP :tongue:
Okay I'm being a bit selfish. Wish I knew anyone from my course.
Reply 3243

Hahaha, have you joined the Facebook groups? There was a recent post by someone who will be doing CSP as well!
Nah. I'll take it as it comes. Hope you like your course though.
Reply 3245
Original post by ALHG
Hey Iyani! In the email I also asked a couple of questions on the conditions my offer is based on (transcript of my previous degree, IELTS results). So basically I would have expected Ms Dean to get back to me at some point. However, since I have not received any information about the college yet, I might have to remain patient for a little longer. Regarding the Clarendon, I agree with you. Have you found out about your college, yet?

I think they might take a few weeks - they're probably waiting to have a first broad overview of who's accepting their offer, who isn't before going into the details (or at least that seems the more plausible explanation, the other being that they're just a bit slow..). I've been accepted at St Antony's, which I'm quite happy about :smile: Hope you find about yours soon (I almost applied to the VMMA course, it looks great!)
Reply 3246
[QUOTE="Iyani;55466039"]I think they might take a few weeks - they're probably waiting to have a first broad overview of who's accepting their offer, who isn't before going into the details (or at least that seems the more plausible explanation, the other being that they're just a bit slow..). I've been accepted at St Antony's, which I'm quite happy about :smile: Hope you find about yours soon (I almost applied to the VMMA course, it looks great!)[/QUOTE

St Antony's seems lovely, congratulations! May I ask what kind of academic background you're coming from?
Reply 3247
Original post by ALHG

St Antony's seems lovely, congratulations! May I ask what kind of academic background you're coming from?

Rather interdisciplinary - I have a degree in politics and international relations but studied history of art before that. Yourself?

OMG FINALLY!!! I've been looking for someone from CSP since the past month! Was beginning to believe I'm the only one. :tongue:
Reply 3249
Hey guys.. Has anyone heard from ODID recently?
Original post by MscDev
Hey guys.. Has anyone heard from ODID recently?

About?
Offer from Linacre, albeit without any mention of funding. Does anyone know anything about Linacre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by voices.exiled
Offer from Linacre, albeit without any mention of funding. Does anyone know anything about Linacre?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also in Linacre!
Reply 3253
Original post by Iyani
Rather interdisciplinary - I have a degree in politics and international relations but studied history of art before that. Yourself?

My undergraduate degree is in cultural studies and German literature but before that I studied economics... so basically not too different from your experiences, as far as the interdisciplinary nature of studies is concerned. As I found out it is recommended for VMMA students lacking an anthropological background to visit some of the MSc Soc. Anthro. classes, too. So I guess I'll see you in Oxford in autumn!
Offer from Mansfield :biggrin:
Original post by joy777
Just got an offer from St. Edmund Hall. Thoughts? Anyone else going here? Apparently they don't offer on-site accommodation for post graduates and the accommodation offered is at Norham Garden. :frown:

I think it was a Ms. Iles ?

Anyway, they should better give us a definitive response soon as I need to inform my College about my decision by next Wednesday :frown: If I shall get no answer, it probably is going to be a negative response.
Does anyone know if you can apply for "accommodation for couples" as a single person simply for the double-bed and ensuite? In this instance it's for Linacre College.
Reply 3257
Original post by Man behind Nixon
I think it was a Ms. Iles ?

Anyway, they should better give us a definitive response soon as I need to inform my College about my decision by next Wednesday :frown: If I shall get no answer, it probably is going to be a negative response.

Did you mail them asking about on-site accommodation?
They've sent a long list of available accommodation options. I will probaby reject my offer so I am trying to not trouble my mind with such things anyway. :frown:
Original post by voices.exiled
Does anyone know if you can apply for "accommodation for couples" as a single person simply for the double-bed and ensuite? In this instance it's for Linacre College.

Usually no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending