The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2015/16 Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Netballgal14
That's very true. I may email my potential supervisor and ask what the situation is. I've applied for a separate funding award too, but the closing date isn't until March 13th, so I assume that decision won't me made for a long while.

Best of luck with your application!

You too!

By the way, what branch of theology have you applied for?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by theology2727
You too!

By the way, what branch of theology have you applied for?

I'm looking at inter-religious interactions in the medieval period. I am a primarily a history student, but my potential supervisor is situated in the Theology department, hence the application for the DPhil in Theology. You?
(edited 9 years ago)
Every time I refresh the gradcafe page for my course another Acceptance appears. They must be sending out the acceptances this very moment. :s-smilie:
Original post by Netballgal14
I'm looking at inter-religious interactions in the medieval period. I am a primarily a history student, but my potential supervisor who is a leading expert is situated in the Theology department, hence the application for the DPhil in Theology. You?

I'm hoping to study the relationship between theology and metaphysics, and have only ever been in a theology faculty!

Good luck again.
:banana::jumphug::party:
Offer from Oxford !!!

Good luck to those still waiting on the news :smile: x
Reply 1385
Original post by Crystalclearmagic
:banana::jumphug::party:
Offer from Oxford !!!

Good luck to those still waiting on the news :smile: x

:ymca:
Bravo!
What degree?
Original post by pishposh12
Am going through the waiting game... How long did you wait to hear that you got accepted? Any tidbits would be soooo helpful! Eep!

It was actually 4 years ago today that I had my interview, thank you Timehop! I heard at the beginning of May but I believe some were accepted earlier.
Rejected. Hoping the KCL application will go better.
Original post by Maestosa
Rejected. Hoping the KCL application will go better.

Sorry to hear that. I'm at KCL as a third year, feel free to send me a message if you want to know anything or need advice. :wink:
Original post by Josb
:ymca:
Bravo!
What degree?

Thank you!!
Criminology & Criminal Justice :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 1390
Does anyone know how a fail on my degree transcript, despite having a strong first class undergraduate degree overall, might affect my postgraduate application? The transcript shows the same module as a 60% pass at the next exam board.

Would this mean automatic rejection? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Istodd
Does anyone know how a fail on my degree transcript, despite having a strong first class undergraduate degree overall, might affect my postgraduate application? The transcript shows the same module as a 60% pass at the next exam board.

Would this mean automatic rejection? Thank you :smile:

Best to email them tbh but I do know someone who got an offer for Cambridge postgrad despite failing a module (so there may be a similar system in Oxford)
Reply 1392
Original post by Slowbro93
Best to email them tbh but I do know someone who got an offer for Cambridge postgrad despite failing a module (so there may be a similar system in Oxford)

Thank you
Reply 1393
I didn't realise that I wrote 213 posts in that thread (15.2% of all messages)! :colondollar:

I hope the department will take that into consideration.
Original post by LadyMede
That sounds really fun :smile: I'm interested in late Medieval dream poetry and female mystics. I also am interest in reading the manuscripts because a lot of the texts, like Piers Plowman have a really exciting scribal history as well. I think the interdisciplinary approach works really well in Medieval studies. I'm also interested in Pilgrimage souvenirs and spaces :colondollar:

Sounds very interesting! Will you be focusing on English/British women or look at the rest of Europe too? I'm sure I needn't mention Catherine of Siena hehe! I am debating whether to email my potential supervisor to know if I got in or not... Not for any particular reason other than paranoia!
Reply 1395
Original post by MPauly
I've heard (thegradcafe) one person waitlisted for Environmental Research DTP (PhD program), has anyone else from this program hear back yet?

If I haven't hear yet, is that bad news?

That was me, have you heard anything yet?
Original post by harrietta3
My MSt in Creative Writing interview was the most excruciating thing I've ever gone through. I had a bad cold and had to go for emergency dental work afterwards. I couldn't name a single contemporary author I read and at one point told them to "bring it on" and was thanked for my "spirited response".

But I got in! I was so shocked that I cried for about an hour. I guess the moral of the story is - you were probably not as bad as you thought you were and the interview isn't the be all and the end all.

Fingers crossed for you!

Ha, thanks! I just read up on the thread and stumbled upon your response. Actually, I have not been rejected straight away, but had a second interview last week.

I messed it up again. It's interesting, I have never been the kind of guy to be nervous at exams (just a slight tension, but that is normal, I guess) but these two interviews I just couldn't handle. The questions were not that hard, almost softballing. I think it's because I do not have a "real" fallback plan yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lore92
Sounds very interesting! Will you be focusing on English/British women or look at the rest of Europe too? I'm sure I needn't mention Catherine of Siena hehe! I am debating whether to email my potential supervisor to know if I got in or not... Not for any particular reason other than paranoia!

ahh I know the feeling. We've made it this far!

I'm interested in saints around Europe as well, I'm quite fond of St. Augustine. But I am especially interested in English and British women. What college did you choose? Are you waiting for anywhere else:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, new to the thread - does anyone know where to find a list of module options? I'm applying for the MSc Economic & Social History. Anyone else? Thanks!
Should we call/email for an update or just wait patiently?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending