The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2015/16 Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by LadyMede
I hope it was just a coincidence. I've only had one before and that was from an academic who I had chatted with before, and it was obvious because she's in UPenn.

ewwwwwwwwww

As long as they don't see the pictures of your last drinking contest, it should be fine. :biggrin:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
If you go to analytics on your Academia.edu, it'll tell you the town from which someone Googled you! Scroll down to the bottom of the analytics page!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1782
To everybody admitted, does your email say that your application is of a "commendable standard"? I'm still wondering whether it means "ok" or "great". :s-smilie:

Original post by Lore92
CONGRATS! Now hopefully we'll both end up at Balliol. Can already foresee history debates till dawn ha ha! Now isn't receiving the news worth the wait?

Thanks, but now I'm waiting for funding.:cry2:
Original post by Josb
To everybody admitted, does your email say that your application is of a "commendable standard"? I'm still wondering whether it means "ok" or "great". :s-smilie:

I got that too. Surely it isn't bad
Reply 1784
Original post by 6ehoppe
If you go to analytics, it'll tell you the town from which someone Googled you! Scroll down to the bottom of the analytics page!

:lol: "Counter-stalking".
Original post by Josb
:lol: "Counter-stalking".

Yep! It happened to me with another place I applied (and where I'll go if I don't get Oxford!)
Yeah it says Oxford, but I can't see "who" it is . Sneaaakkkkyyyyy :erm:
Original post by Josb
Thanks, but now I'm waiting for funding.:cry2:
Oh, sorry, I assumed that funding offers would be given out at the same time as the admissions, especially since it is already so late in the process. I will help you hoping, then. :smile:
Reply 1788
Original post by Zefiros
Oh, sorry, I assumed that funding offers would be given out at the same time as the admissions, especially since it is already so late in the process. I will help you hoping, then. :smile:

That's why I said "I reached the third base". :tongue:
Reply 1789
Original post by LadyMede
Yeah it says Oxford, but I can't see "who" it is . Sneaaakkkkyyyyy :erm:

Oh Gawd, you must be freaking! :cry2:
Original post by Josb

I believe that's just the standard email.
Original post by Josb
Oh Gawd, you must be freaking! :cry2:

My heart was in my throat. To be fair, I have a slightly.... silly surname. It tends to stand out shall we say. Maybe they were wondering what poor sod would deserve a name like that :biggrin:
Have there been any English DPhil responses?
Doesn't look like the politics department are going out this week, unless they work weekends? I'm getting a bit fed up now, and I know my outcome!!
Original post by harrietta3
Have there been any English DPhil responses?

I've not heard anything yet
Just checking in (in the first time in what seems like ages...) to report, as others have already done, that History DPhils offers are out (my friend and I recieved our identikit e-mails 3 minutes apart last night!). I'm delighted to get the offer, but incredibly frustrated to have to wait another 3-4 weeks for funding. And it will be four, because they'll all sod off for Easter and won't decide anything til they get back.

Grumble, grumble....[slouches off back to her cave]
Anybody heard from the colleges yet?
Can I ask, those who have received an offer, was anyone given the condition of "submitting an original transcript" of your undergraduate degree? I'm a little confused because I thought I already had in my application... does it just mean they want their own paper copy rather than a scan?
It's just a formality. They have seen your results and accepted you on that basis but need a paper copy to file away in their ancient spires of student records.

The wording as a 'condition' makes it sound more severe, but it looks like it's a standard heading under which they list anything an offer might be conditional on.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1799
Original post by Jamstar
Can I ask, those who have received an offer, was anyone given the condition of "submitting an original transcript" of your undergraduate degree? I'm a little confused because I thought I already had in my application... does it just mean they want their own paper copy rather than a scan?

Not for me, but apparently I have to send them my IELTS results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending