The Student Room Group

is it normal if I stay back a year in year 11?

Hi!
I recently took the decision to retake my year 11. Because I want to do GCSE Science when I did BTEC Applied science, In order to do Science A-levels.
I just wondered that has anyone stayed or going to stay one year behind and redo a year like I am? And will this affect me in the future i.e when I apply to university?

PLEASE COMMENT BACK! I NEED HELP!:confused:
Reply 1
It won't effect you at all because universities base their applications on qualifications, personal statemebts, interviews etc. Not age. You would just apply as a mature student when it comes to it :smile:

If 12 year olds can go to university, and 50 year olds can, you have no problems whatsoever.
Reply 2
Original post by Its_Tito
It won't effect you at all because universities base their applications on qualifications, personal statemebts, interviews etc. Not age. You would just apply as a mature student when it comes to it :smile:

If 12 year olds can go to university, and 50 year olds can, you have no problems whatsoever.

Thanks so much for replying and making me feel much better:smile:
Hi, one of my friends has done this and it's one of the best decisions she's made! She was off school a lot with illness, so not the same :wink: but she's getting on great because it's not put her back further than us and she's been accepted well into that year group :smile: I don't think it should affect uni much in a bad way, surely they'd see that you're re-doing them so you can do these a levels! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by LillyAllen
Thanks so much for replying and making me feel much better:smile:

No problem :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by aristocats_
Hi, one of my friends has done this and it's one of the best decisions she's made! She was off school a lot with illness, so not the same :wink: but she's getting on great because it's not put her back further than us and she's been accepted well into that year group :smile: I don't think it should affect uni much in a bad way, surely they'd see that you're re-doing them so you can do these a levels! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you so much for your advice:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest