The Student Room Group

King's College London GEM (A102) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JenniB22
When's the earliest one? Might give us an indication about when we should give up on hearing back (for those without offers so far...)

March 11th
Reply 381
this waiting is bad for my nervous system lol
Original post by H-W-T
this waiting is bad for my nervous system lol

I get butterflies each evening I login to Apply T_T
A pretty silent week.. I'm guessing (ok hoping) maybe we'll hear something next week? This time last year people who hadn't yet heard got messages saying that they were being considered in 'round 2' for the 4 and 5 year courses, so maybe we'll hear something like that.
Reply 384
Original post by emmaaa88
A pretty silent week.. I'm guessing (ok hoping) maybe we'll hear something next week? This time last year people who hadn't yet heard got messages saying that they were being considered in 'round 2' for the 4 and 5 year courses, so maybe we'll hear something like that.

Well if there are around 15 to 20 places still left on four year course and 10,on five year it might be a bit different this year ... I'm just happy that they are really considering our applications in detail :smile:
Original post by H-W-T
Well if there are around 15 to 20 places still left on four year course and 10,on five year it might be a bit different this year ... I'm just happy that they are really considering our applications in detail :smile:

Except that we have no idea how many places are left...not everyone is on TSR after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H-W-T

Considering they probably make 25/26 offers maximum, I feel a much smaller portion is still left to be filled, unfortunately. Quite a few people on here have had offers, but a lot of offer holders won't be on TSR.
Reply 387
Original post by Going_To_California
Considering they probably make 25/26 offers maximum, I feel a much smaller portion is still left to be filled, unfortunately. Quite a few people on here have had offers, but a lot of offer holders won't be on TSR.

I think you will be surprised as to how many offers have been given and how many people are on tsr.. Around 8 on this forum ... But kings originally said that the top ranking applicants would be given out in the first two days and the rest a few weeks later
Original post by H-W-T
I think you will be surprised as to how many offers have been given and how many people are on tsr.. Around 8 on this forum ... But kings originally said that the top ranking applicants would be given out in the first two days and the rest a few weeks later

I really hope there are a good few more to go out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am apply to king's.
does do they want from an applicant?
what what work experiences are good?
Hi everyone! I know a lot of you are still waiting to hear back, but I was wondering from those who have if there is a facebook page I can join to get more information and meet people? :smile:
Original post by Michael04
Hi everyone! I know a lot of you are still waiting to hear back, but I was wondering from those who have if there is a facebook page I can join to get more information and meet people? :smile:

I got messaged this group a while ago. I haven't joined, so I don't know what's happening on there, but here you go :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/732291323526109/
Original post by Going_To_California
I got messaged this group a while ago. I haven't joined, so I don't know what's happening on there, but here you go :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/732291323526109/

Any medicine or GEM specific ones that anyone knows of? For the case of graduate entry the 2015 cohort would end up a year ahead as well since their degree is one year shorter.
Original post by Anotherside7
Any medicine or GEM specific ones that anyone knows of? For the case of graduate entry the 2015 cohort would end up a year ahead as well since their degree is one year shorter.

This is a good point. If you can't find any you should make one!
Hi guys,

I'm a first year GPEP at King's.
This is our facebook group for this year:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/450489781749433/

If one of you wants to apply to join, I'll add you as a friend and start up your 2015 group for you? A few of us GPEPs can join that way and hopefully answer any questions you might have.
Reply 396
Losing my hope at this point... life has Lost its meaning
I know this is kings but has anybody considered Newcastle too? I'm from a BSc Social Work background but have lots of clinical experience but can't apply for any science specific GEM programmes
Original post by Leeonaevam
I know this is kings but has anybody considered Newcastle too? I'm from a BSc Social Work background but have lots of clinical experience but can't apply for any science specific GEM programmes

Yep, interviewed there as well as King's and have an interview at Warwick in march.

King's, Newcastle and Warwick are the 3 UKCAT unis that only look at your degree classification and UKCAT score to invite candidates to interview (as of the time of writing) and then will give out offers based on interview performance alone pretty much. Your best bet would be to look at those. I got an offer from King's a couple of weeks ago so I can at least confirm you can get a place there with a non life sciences degree (mine's engineering)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anotherside7
Yep, interviewed there as well as King's and have an interview at Warwick in march.

King's, Newcastle and Warwick are the 3 UKCAT unis that only look at your degree classification and UKCAT score to invite candidates to interview (as of the time of writing) and then will give out offers based on interview performance alone pretty much. Your best bet would be to look at those. I got an offer from King's a couple of weeks ago so I can at least confirm you can get a place there with a non life-sciences degree (mine's engineering)

Ahhhh ok. Fantastic, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending